United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:09 AM
redrose

Default Why no Obertan in squad v Barnsley?

From Teamtalk (so prob not authoratative), but I was looking forward to seeing him in this game, esp. to lift the gloom of yesterday! Good to see Eikrem, De Laet, Rafael Dudgeon Tosic & King, but why no Obertan????

Promising striker Danny Welbeck could be given a run-out after getting the goal that brought down Wolves in the last round. Midfielder Darren Fletcher might also feature if he recovers from a groin injury that ruled him out of the defeat at Liverpool on Sunday.

Senior professionals like Michael Owen, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Wes Brown are all set to be involved against the Championship side, managed by former Old Trafford striker Mark Robins.

United (from): Kuszczak, Foster, De Laet, Neville, Brown, J Evans, Dudgeon, Fabio, Rafael, Tosic, Gibson, C Evans, Eikrem, Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes, Valencia, Nani, Owen, Welbeck, Macheda, King.

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:13 AM
ReligiousRed

Default Re: Why no Obertan in squad v Barnsley?

No room for his head on the coach

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:16 AM
In 76 now this is true

Didnt think squad had been anounced yet.
Tosic must be due a game.

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:33 AM
rafabio

I just hope one of eikrem, obertan or king play in this game.

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:44 AM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I just hope one of eikrem, obertan or king play in this game.
I hope all these 3 play! Certainly King & Obertan.

That squad is not official, so I'm still hopeful.

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:30 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up Re: Why no Obertan in squad v Barnsley?

Eikrem

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:35 PM
rafabio

we are crying out for one of our midfielders to be like eikrem. someone with a bit of creativity and who will look into get into the box.

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Sparky***

Because he's not really that good and will end up going to spain or back to france in the end because he's nowhere near good enough for our first team?

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:39 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Because he's not really that good and will end up going to spain or back to france in the end because he's nowhere near good enough for our first team?
still affected by last nights match i see

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:40 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
he looks too good for reserve football, like to see him play against barnsley with a few of the first team and in a proper competive game to see if there is even more improvement.

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
he looks too good for reserve football, like to see him play against barnsley with a few of the first team and in a proper competive game to see if there is even more improvement.
yeah. whatever.

£#%&!ing %@#$&!s to everything, i'm going for a walk. £#%&!ing scouse bastards.

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:47 PM
RED PABLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
From Teamtalk (so prob not authoratative), but I was looking forward to seeing him in this game, esp. to lift the gloom of yesterday! Good to see Eikrem, De Laet, Rafael Dudgeon Tosic & King, but why no Obertan????

Promising striker Danny Welbeck could be given a run-out after getting the goal that brought down Wolves in the last round. Midfielder Darren Fletcher might also feature if he recovers from a groin injury that ruled him out of the defeat at Liverpool on Sunday.

Senior professionals like Michael Owen, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Wes Brown are all set to be involved against the Championship side, managed by former Old Trafford striker Mark Robins.

United (from): Kuszczak, Foster, De Laet, Neville, Brown, J Evans, Dudgeon, Fabio, Rafael, Tosic, Gibson, C Evans, Eikrem, Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes, Valencia, Nani, Owen, Welbeck, Macheda, King.
Did you C+P this from over there??????????

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
yeah. whatever.

£#%&!ing %@#$&!s to everything, i'm going for a walk. £#%&!ing scouse bastards.

Unread 26-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Coracao

I'd be surprised if he isn't involved.

I'd like to see;

.....................PIG

Rafael.....Wes........Evans....Fabio

Obertan...Carrick...Eikrem....Nani

......Welbeck....Owen

Not sure if Gibson is fit, so left him out.

Carrick needs to be playing games, I think it is the only way...

Unread 26-10-2009, 01:53 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

I'd like to see;

.....................PIG

......Welbeck....Owen

reckon anderson will be involved rather than carrick can see your reasoning though.

Unread 26-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
reckon anderson will be involved rather than carrick can see your reasoning though.
Hard one to call. I wouldn't go off that 'squad' posted, as it is probably a load of %@#$&!s.

If Gibson is fit, then i'd imagine he is certain to get a game.

Unread 26-10-2009, 02:00 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
Didnt think squad had been anounced yet.
Tosic must be due a game.

Unread 26-10-2009, 04:17 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

I'd like to see;

.....................PIG

......Welbeck....Owen

the only way to get a decent fee for him in the Jan transfer window.

Unread 26-10-2009, 06:27 PM
LaPaz

From the Official Site

The Carling Cup's reputation for launching United careers will continue on Tuesday night when Gabriel Obertan makes his long-awaited debut for the Reds.

The Frenchman's arrival at the club was announced on 8 July but he has had to wait until the final week of October to clock up his first senior appearance. This follows three games in the reserves, including an impressive 45-minute bow against Oldham Athletic.

Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed to ManUtd.com on Monday, "He’ll play tomorrow against Barnsley, it’s a good start for him."

Obertan came to United with a back problem but after several months of careful treatment at Carrington, he's ready to stake a claim in the first team, possibly on the left flank.

"We're taking our time with him because we want him back at 100 per cent," said Sir Alex in a previous interview with us.

"Gabriel told us he'd been playing with a back injury for a year and a half (in France) and no-one thought about getting a scan done.

"We expect big things from him. At 16 he was one of the outstanding young talents in Europe.

"He's very quick and he can play both sides or through the middle so he brings a real versatility to us."

United fans not fortunate enough to be going to Oakwell can follow Obertan's debut on ManUtd.com with our live text and radio commentary from 19:45 GMT Tuesday

Unread 26-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
From the Official Site

The Carling Cup's reputation for launching United careers will continue on Tuesday night when Gabriel Obertan makes his long-awaited debut for the Reds.

The Frenchman's arrival at the club was announced on 8 July but he has had to wait until the final week of October to clock up his first senior appearance. This follows three games in the reserves, including an impressive 45-minute bow against Oldham Athletic.

Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed to ManUtd.com on Monday, "He’ll play tomorrow against Barnsley, it’s a good start for him."

Obertan came to United with a back problem but after several months of careful treatment at Carrington, he's ready to stake a claim in the first team, possibly on the left flank.

"We're taking our time with him because we want him back at 100 per cent," said Sir Alex in a previous interview with us.

"Gabriel told us he'd been playing with a back injury for a year and a half (in France) and no-one thought about getting a scan done.

"We expect big things from him. At 16 he was one of the outstanding young talents in Europe.

"He's very quick and he can play both sides or through the middle so he brings a real versatility to us."

United fans not fortunate enough to be going to Oakwell can follow Obertan's debut on ManUtd.com with our live text and radio commentary from 19:45 GMT Tuesday
Or...you could just watch it on sky
Closed Thread