United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Redhod99

Default Vidic

What game does he miss? Is it still 7 days for 2 yellows? If so it's chelsea?

Unread 25-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Pudge_Bear

Default Re: Vidic

Evans has been our best centre back this season, so wouldn't worry.

Unread 25-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Wicksy

Mrs Vidic is to blame.

Unread 25-10-2009, 11:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicksy
Mrs Vidic is to blame.
I tried not to believe any of the shit about him in the summer, but he's playing like he wants a move, that's for damn sure

Unread 25-10-2009, 11:56 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicksy
Mrs Vidic is to blame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I tried not to believe any of the shit about him in the summer, but he's playing like he wants a move, that's for damn sure
Take the money, playing like Ruud did when he was tempted

Unread 25-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well if he is, he can £#%&! off. If they don't want to stay I'd much rather they left and left sharpish so we can crack on.

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:03 AM
thatsfuctit

have we searched the record books to see if anyone else matches his 3 in a row?

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Redhod99

Yep, his lack of effort is plain to see

he's out of form, it happens, he's been phenominal for 3 years, give him a break.

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Yep, his lack of effort is plain to see

he's out of form, it happens, he's been phenominal for 3 years, give him a break.
He has been. Him and Rio have been first names on the teamsheet for best part of 4 years. That is a long time for one centre back pairing. Both certainly appear to be chronically out of form at the minute. You can't hold Evans back much longer, he has basically not put a foot wrong since he came into the team. There is only so long you can keep taking him out and replacing him with players who are making mistakes.

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Pop

Handing Vidic's place to Evans might be the kick up the arse Nemaja needs, unless of course there is somthing to the Barca story, in which case he can bugger off for himself.

Unread 26-10-2009, 08:44 AM
FargoLabowski

There was 11 £#%&!ers on the pitch yesterday cant put it all on the centre backs

Unread 26-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Mr_Ed

Red cards are immediate these days so he'll miss Barnsley and Blackburn... I hope

Unread 26-10-2009, 09:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Well if he is, he can £#%&! off. If they don't want to stay I'd much rather they left and left sharpish so we can crack on.
I agree with that. Sell him in Jan and start the strengthening/rebuilding if he wants to go.

I'm hoping it's just a case of poor form though, tbh. Both CB's are due a bit tbf.

Unread 26-10-2009, 09:53 AM
thatsfuctit

had various mares in big games.

Unread 26-10-2009, 09:54 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoLabowski
There was 11 £#%&!ers on the pitch yesterday cant put it all on the centre backs
There was but our 2 centre backs cost us big time. Ferdinand should never have let Torres go, brush him off and get his shot away. Awful defending.

Vidic was just £#%&!ing stupid. But he has that 'thou shall not pass' mentality, which means he'd bodycheck the £#%&!ers if it looks like he's going to get done.

Unread 26-10-2009, 10:11 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

FWIW I think Vidic was the pick of our back four yesterday. For me that's the best he's played against Torres. He looked a little nervous early on but after that I thought he played him well. If it was Vidic up against Torres for his goal I gaurentee he wouldn't of let Torres brush him off like Rio did.

Unread 26-10-2009, 10:13 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
If it was Vidic up against Torres for his goal I gaurentee he wouldn't of let Torres brush him off like Rio did.
No, he would have probably got himself sent off.

We know Rio's got some muscle on him, as he shows it off often enough, he's seriously missing a yard or two of his old pace at the moment.

Unread 26-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
FWIW I think Vidic was the pick of our back four yesterday. For me that's the best he's played against Torres. He looked a little nervous early on but after that I thought he played him well. If it was Vidic up against Torres for his goal I gaurentee he wouldn't of let Torres brush him off like Rio did.
I think O'Shea was. He did little wrong and used the ball well. Vidic and Rio both get caught out a few times and Evra was unusually sloppy on the ball.

Unread 26-10-2009, 10:42 AM
In 76 now this is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Red cards are immediate these days so he'll miss Barnsley and Blackburn... I hope
It was two yellows, so he will onpy miss one game. The question is, is it effective from now or does it take effect after 7 days? Im sure its effective straight away, so he will miss Barnsley.

For all the abuse directed at Vidic/Rio, you have to give credit to Torres.
The lads a class striker and is one of the best in the World, has pace, strength and is good in the air and on the floor. Terrifies Rio and Vidic.
If he was in our team, he'd be even more dangerous.

I thought Evra was poor and was loosig it in the air to Kuyt and for all the blocks O'Shea got in, his distribtion was poor. He must have got in valencias way at least 4 times first half. I would have subbde Evra at half time and put O'Shea left back and Neville right back.
At the end of the day, Fergie got it wrong in the middle. You cant play Scholes, Giggs and carrick against a top team, not midfield battler in there and no energy.

Unread 26-10-2009, 10:51 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
For all the abuse directed at Vidic/Rio, you have to give credit to Torres.
The lads a class striker and is one of the best in the World, has pace, strength and is good in the air and on the floor. Terrifies Rio and Vidic.
If he was in our team, he'd be even more dangerous.
i said elsewhere, he is a crafty bastard, if there is nothing on, he gos down like a sack of shite and wins free kicks - when a chance come, he explodes into life, made rio look a mug, and put his foot through it ( to use and andy grayism ).
Closed Thread