United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:26 PM
In 76 now this is true

Default Berbatov and Owen

No worries if they have to start on Sunday, as they work better as a partnership than anything else we currently have up front.
You could never drop Rooney, but we look ike scoring a lot more with Owen and Berbatov.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Stickman

Default Re: Berbatov and Owen

Start them all and drop Carrick.

Fletcher Anderson Giggs

Berbatov

Owen Rooney

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Ethers

Yeah, they've been fantastic in all of the, ooooh, 1 game they've started together this season??

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
No worries if they have to start on Sunday, as they work better as a partnership than anything else we currently have up front.
You could never drop Rooney, but we look ike scoring a lot more with Owen and Berbatov.
I'd rather have our top scorer on the pitch.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:32 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
So you could never drop Rooney but Berbie and Owen are a better partnership. You really think Rooney should start on the left? It's not gonna happen is it?

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:33 PM
poppy

Carrick has to play.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:34 PM
In 76 now this is true

Id Like to see al 3 start. Given the right midfield 3, it could work.
Berbatov has been our best player in recent weeks. In past big games Ferhie might have opted for Rooney on his own, but given Berbatovs performances he cant afford to. His confidence he had at spurs is back. The knokers are gradually seing what he is about and rather than groan at a mis hit shot, the see the splendour in it.

For Sunday, I'd go with a midfield of Giggs, Anderson, Scholes and Fletcher.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Sloppy

Ferhie out.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:39 PM
redwhiteandblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Ferhie out.
He's got his knokers

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Ferhie out.
I ike this suggestion.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:42 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Berbatov has been our best player in recent weeks. In past big games Ferhie might have opted for Rooney on his own, but given Berbatovs performances he cant afford to. His confidence he had at spurs is back. The knokers are gradually seing what he is about and rather than groan at a mis hit shot, the see the splendour in it.

True dat

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:43 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:

So in our biggest game of the season your suggesting that we try a top 3 that have never all played together.
Anyone would think your a scouser.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Pop

Our second favourite Scotsman is okay for the trip, yes?

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Spiffy

£#%&! you Tufty you Judas scouse @#%&!.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:50 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Think it's still touch and go, Fergies keeping his card close to his chest if you saw the press confrence.
Fingers crossed he'll be ok.

Unread 20-10-2009, 10:53 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
£#%&! you Tufty you Judas scouse @#%&!.
seconded

Unread 20-10-2009, 11:57 PM
magic_cantona

Tufty always reminds me of Mathias in The Life Of Brian.Any time he opens his mouth, he just makes it worse for himself.

"Jehovah!Jehovah!Jehovah!"

Unread 21-10-2009, 12:08 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Of all the injured players left out of the Moscow trip, only Evra is certain to be fit for Sunday.
All the rest are big doubts - including Giggsy.

Don't you just love International Football?...rearing it's ugly £#%&!ing head & causing injury to Rooney & Fletcher (who along with Pat Evra have been our best players this season)

Unread 21-10-2009, 08:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

I don't really get where this idea that Owen and Berbatov play better together than Rooney and Berbatov? We've had some fantastic attacking performances with Rooney and Berbatov up front this season, City, Wigan, Spurs, not sure we've matched them with any other forward pairing?

Unread 21-10-2009, 08:39 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't really get where this idea that Owen and Berbatov play better together than Rooney and Berbatov? We've had some fantastic attacking performances with Rooney and Berbatov up front this season, City, Wigan, Spurs, not sure we've matched them with any other forward pairing?
Me neither mate, just because they both got a few in pre season against semi pro level players all of a sudden Berbie and Owen are our best partnership.
Imo there are a handfull of players who should start EVERY important game if they are fit and thats Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Berbie and Rooney. The rest can fight it out for the remaining places.
Closed Thread