United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:25 PM
TravellingRed

Default Re: Notice how often average sides come to Old Trafford

Just out of interest Aloe, where in Norway do you live?

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
It was a european cup final, simply shouldnt happen. I dont even want to go into detail, too painful.

But looking at how you brush over it, id suggest you rewatch the game.
i was at the £#%&!ing game you stupid @#%&!. it hurt like hell but i also remember the highs this team have given me and i don't expect a european cup final win against a brilliant barca side as a matter of course

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:27 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I love Ando - After Wazza & Pat Evra he's my 'favourite' player of this current generation.

However, he needs to improve his game in the final third. Once he does that he'll be a very special player.
But until he starts getting 10-15 goals a season he isn't in Scholesy's class.
He brings more than a goal tho, he's a real drive in our midfield and the fact is that when he plays we play good football.

Goals will come, he's done alot better this season () but still room for more goals from him.

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Charlie Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
what shouldn't happen? losing to the best team in the world?

get a grip you spoilt @#%&!

we're not brushing over anything, we're moving on, supporting our team and looking forward to this years campaign.

the ghost of marlo lives on
Aloe Blacc is (another) of the marlo log-ins. This is the user name he uses to slag off them team rather than talk about himself. It's easy to spot: the same typos in both users' posts, the same incorrect use of lower case in pronouns, no concept of punctuation.....

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Harper
Aloe Blacc is (another) of the marlo log-ins. This is the user name he uses to slag off them team rather than talk about himself. It's easy to spot: the same typos in both users' posts, the same incorrect use of lower case in pronouns, no concept of punctuation.....
He's pretty much word for word with a marlo post in the summer on this thread. weird that eh?

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
And get themselves 2 or 3 goals? In the last 12 months, this has happened against Hull(3), CSKA(3), Villa, Spurs, Liverpool(4) , Porto, Sunderland etc...

Goes to show the fear factor from 06/07 and 07/08 has just totally disappeared....or is it our players complacency.
I wouldn't call CSKA, Liverpool, Porto, Villa and Spurs 'average' teams at all.

Liverpool were riding the crest a £#%&!ing huge wave when they visited us and scored 4. Torres and Gerrard were virtually unplayable at the time. 2 goals the got were from set pieces and we were also down to 10 men.

CSKA Moscow and Porto have both won european trophies in the last 5 or so years as well - they're far from £#%&!ing average.

Villa and Spurs are also top 6 sides, Playing in arguably the best league in the world. Spurs have spent a £#%&!ing hell of a lot of money on their team, more than even us in recent years.

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:47 PM
pc6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
What, losing? You know one team always loses every match, don't you?
unless its a draw

Unread 04-11-2009, 05:10 PM
thankseric

I remember seeing us stuff Ipswich 9-0 and being well pissed off we didn't get 10.

well, a bit disappointed.

for about 23 seconds.

Unread 04-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Grimson

Quote:
And get themselves 2 or 3 goals? In the last 12 months, this has happened against Hull(3), CSKA(3), Villa, Spurs, Liverpool(4) , Porto, Sunderland etc...
Do go on then.

Unread 04-11-2009, 06:04 PM
The Return of JC

Thumbs up Re: Notice how often average sides come to Old Trafford

I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night. Great entertainment and a great comeback from the lads.

You must've watched another 3-3, Aloe. Probably one where Berbatov yawned on you and some of his spit went on your lip.

Unread 04-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Question Re: Notice how often average sides come to Old Trafford

CSKA are not average.

Edited so not to open a can of worms

Unread 04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Aloe is a £#%&!ing embarrasment tbh.

Unread 04-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night. Great entertainment and a great comeback from the lads.

You must've watched another 3-3, Aloe. Probably one where Berbatov yawned on you and some of his spit went on your lip.
I don't get it sometimes, I really don't. Utd fail to win at a canter the knives are out. A high scoring game ends in a draw, a comeptitive game, and it's because Utd are shit. Fergie is shit. Players x, y and z are all £#%&! and so on. I enjoyed last night as a spectacle it made a real change from a dull 2-0 win. It's very nice to win comfortably but it won't happen all the time, and that's good.

It's not hard to realise we've entered a transitional phase post-Ronaldo and in terms of players we're worse for it. We've lost the world's best player ffs, they don't get replaced straight away but life goes on. The club will crack on, Fergie will experiment with players and sometimes it'll work sometimes it won't yet you continue to get folk moaning like £#%&!. Not just disappointment but real £#%&!ing moaning after games - we're shit, Berbatov's shit, our midfield is £#%&!, the defence is £#%&!, Ferlan is a @#%&! etc etc. Do they even enjoy Utd anymore, football even. I'd argue it's not worth the bother - go and do something more interesting instead. Life's too bloody short. It's not all hunky dorey at Utd but ffs....

God help this place on Sunday if it's nothing more than a Utd win. 5 points behind, the world's going to end. Utd are appallling.

The Lyon keeper looks quality btw.

Unread 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't get it sometimes, I really don't. Utd fail to win at a canter the knives are out. A high scoring game ends in a draw, a comeptitive game, and it's because Utd are shit. Fergie is shit. Players x, y and z are all £#%&! and so on. I enjoyed last night as a spectacle it made a real change from a dull 2-0 win. It's very nice to win comfortably but it won't happen all the time, and that's good.

It's not hard to realise we've entered a transitional phase post-Ronaldo and in terms of players we're worse for it. We've lost the world's best player ffs, they don't get replaced straight away but life goes on. The club will crack on, Fergie will experiment with players and sometimes it'll work sometimes it won't yet you continue to get folk moaning like £#%&!. Not just disappointment but real £#%&!ing moaning after games - we're shit, Berbatov's shit, our midfield is £#%&!, the defence is £#%&!, Ferlan is a @#%&! etc etc. Do they even enjoy Utd anymore, football even. I'd argue it's not worth the bother - go and do something more interesting instead. Life's too bloody short. It's not all hunky dorey at Utd but ffs....

God help this place on Sunday if it's nothing more than a Utd win. 5 points behind, the world's going to end. Utd are appallling.

Nail on head. Can't think what some of these @#%&!s would've been like in the 80's when a good cup run or beating the scousers was the best we ever got, or the season Leeds beat us to the title, but then if they were a few years younger they'd probably be Liverpool fans anyway I would expect.

Unread 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

you, sir, know your onions

top post

i agree with everything but i still think nani isn't going to make it with us. but thats ok, not everyone does

Unread 04-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
you, sir, know your onions

top post

i agree with everything but i still think nani isn't going to make it with us. but thats ok, not everyone does
It is.

Also, fwiw, I think we will get stuffed on Sunday but I expect/hope the lads make a bit more of a fight of it than Anfield. If it happens, I'll take it on the chin and move onto the next game. We won't be shit, we're just not as good as we were the last few seasons but that period of our history has finished, we're entering a new one and that'll take some time to pull together. IMO we're short of 3/4 top quality players. But whether there's the cash available I dunno, whether they're taking a medium term view I dunno. By that I mean a couple of lean years whilst the new crop of youngsters grow into the first team/squad. Patience is needed I guess.

Unread 04-11-2009, 09:52 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

As did I, made for a pleasant change in a ECL group match.

spec to the Moscans I say, innitt

Unread 04-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Sloane

Quote:

you read my mind i was thinking the same after reading a lot of posts on here

Unread 04-11-2009, 10:51 PM
King Schlong

Can't believe nobody else has clocked onto this scouse bastard yet.

Its blatantly a dipper on a wum.

Unread 05-11-2009, 10:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Closed Thread