United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:33 AM
koppas

Thumbs up Jose Mourinho wants to be our next manager

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...360005,00.html

You don't have to use your brain too much to see that he wants to be our next boss. He won't ever return to Chelsea, Arsene will be at Arsenal for another few years yet. That leaves the dippers - which I can't see happening.

He also signed a two year contract with Inter - and Fergie is quitting at the end of next season.

He has been my tip for the next boss and this just adds to it. He would be perfect.

Quote:
"I'm in love with the English league and I'll definitely return one day," the former Chelsea manager told Sky Italia, following Inter's 4-0 win over Roma.

"I think that's what I want to do after Inter.

"Everyone says that I want to go to Spain, that I want to be the coach of my
national team.

"It's not true. I want to return to England after Inter."

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:36 AM
puressence

ive just done a little sex wee

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:36 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
ive just done a little sex wee
Me too.

People think that he will change our style of play and make us "boring" but I think that is %@#$&!s.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:37 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Me too.

People think that he will change our style of play and make us "boring" but I think that is %@#$&!s.
i wish he was here already

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:38 AM
BarryX

He'd be my first choice, definitley.

As Eric's number 2

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:39 AM
koppas

I would have Eric in a flash but that is my heart speaking and not my head.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Ed Sullivan

One of the few characters of the game.

Would love it.

Love it.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Spiffy

He's also said he'd like to go to Chelsea again but I can't see Roman having him. I'd take Mourinho now to be honest. He's £#%&!ing great.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:44 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
He's also said he'd like to go to Chelsea again but I can't see Roman having him. I'd take Mourinho now to be honest. He's £#%&!ing great.
Not a chance.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:47 AM
dodger

Maureen will be shite if he comes here. And just 'cos he wants to come here doesn't mean to say he will.

And when he's been in the job for seven or eight games and he starts talking about taking one of the top jobs in Spain what will the reaction on here be? I'm sure all the Inter fans think his comments are very helpful.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Me too.

I think he would, look at how much better Chelsea's football is under Scolari.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:49 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Maureen will be shite if he comes here. And just 'cos he wants to come here doesn't mean to say he will.

And when he's been in the job for seven or eight games and he starts talking about taking one of the top jobs in Spain what will the reaction on here be? I'm sure all the Inter fans think his comments are very helpful.
All he has done is said he wants to go back to England when he is finished at Inter. What is wrong with that? He is only a young manager in comparison to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think he would, look at how much better Chelsea's football is under Scolari.
Fair comment.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:

He never did that at Chelsea. He adores United and he's the only ego big enough for the job.

Get him in.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Luffy

I dunno, he takes too much attention when the attention should be on the team and on the football.

Not too sure on some of his purchases in the market. He's portugese but wasn't a patch on Quiroz in terms of contacts and scouting ability.

The team's he's found success with have had massive amounts of luck, shitty football and cheating - full of bad/embarassing characters who I'd hate to see in a Utd shirt frankly. Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cole, Porto were equally dispicable.

He's also been one to fire off his mouth about where he would like to go next i.e. what ronaldo has done. Left all his previous clubs without batting an eyelid, no loyalty...

Being Utd manager also means being club manager, not just first team coach like in a lot of clubs abroad. Youth set ups, scouting networks, etc etc.

Mourinho gets results no matter what and he has good media presence and rapport with players, but he doesn't tick my most important boxes.

that said, its not like we'd find the new fergie right away, we'll have probably go through a down-period and I suppose he's as well suited to lead us through that time as anyone.

Unread 20-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Barracuda

I've thought for a while he'd really be after the job.

Following SAF is the biggest job in the world of football and I don't see Maureen sitting back and watching someone else get it, - he'll be coming out with things like this all the time now.

In a sense I like his style - he's got the confidence and self belief to do the job, he's one of the very few people who would not be intimidated about taking over from the main man. A lot of managers will say they'd love the job, but deep down they'd be terrified of £#%&!ing it up ...

Still not sure about his style of play though - no doubt he's a winner and gets the job done, but a lot of the time his teams don't look particularly pretty in doing it.

However if the Glazers and Co just want someone to ensure they keep the club roughly at the level it is currently at, - then Maureen is as safe a choice as any.

Unread 20-10-2008, 11:03 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
I dunno, he takes too much attention when the attention should be on the team and on the football.

Not too sure on some of his purchases in the market. He's portugese but wasn't a patch on Quiroz in terms of contacts and scouting ability.

The team's he's found success with have had massive amounts of luck, shitty football and cheating - full of bad/embarassing characters who I'd hate to see in a Utd shirt frankly. Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cole, Porto were equally dispicable.

He's also been one to fire off his mouth about where he would like to go next i.e. what ronaldo has done. Left all his previous clubs without batting an eyelid, no loyalty...

Being Utd manager also means being club manager, not just first team coach like in a lot of clubs abroad. Youth set ups, scouting networks, etc etc.

Mourinho gets results no matter what and he has good media presence and rapport with players, but he doesn't tick my most important boxes.

that said, its not like we'd find the new fergie right away, we'll have probably go through a down-period and I suppose he's as well suited to lead us through that time as anyone.
Let's be honest, when Fergie goes, that will change.

dodger

Quote:
All he has done is said he wants to go back to England when he is finished at Inter. What is wrong with that? He is only a young manager in comparison to others.

He's only just got there FFS and he's talking about his next job? Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't mind if he did that to us?

Sloane

i would hate it if he was manager. im suprised at how many of you not even like the idea but would love it. hes a £#%&!ing #@&%!, hes not a character he is just tedious big headed attention seeker. he would try and make the club all about him and play shite football while hes at it

Unread 20-10-2008, 11:05 AM
koppas

Quote:
He's only just got there FFS and he's talking about his next job? Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't mind if he did that to us?
I wouldn't care if he said when I leave England, I want to manage in Spain.

What is wrong with that?

Unread 20-10-2008, 11:08 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

I said a couple of years ago he'd be our next Manager.

I'd love him to be in charge of us, we will play attacking football no matter who's in charge because that club is built on a solid attacking foundation, i actually feel that at Chelsea he had to play a certain way because it was not him buying the likes of Shevchenko, Ballack etc.

He'd be ace
Closed Thread