United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-08-2018, 08:17 PM
ScarFace

failed with the bid in 2017. i think we're fine for now....

there will never be a buyer for us at our value.

Unread 24-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
failed with the bid in 2017. i think we're fine for now....

there will never be a buyer for us at our value.

The way the club is slowly going under the gimps that won't last anyway

Unread 24-08-2018, 08:42 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
The way the club is slowly going under the gimps that won't last anyway
They just announced record NY stock value at $4bil this week. We're like a super model with HIV

Unread 24-08-2018, 09:23 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
They just announced record NY stock value at $4bil this week. We're like a super model with HIV
Yeah but it d still be worth a risky £#%&!

Unread 24-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Red Al

Quote:
That's now

If they keep penny pinching then all those sponsors will be off to the new kids on the block

Unread 24-08-2018, 10:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The richest people in the world could comfortably afford that, and it should still make them money in the longer term.
How do you expect they will recoup £3b while keeping us competitive?

Quote:
That's now

If they keep penny pinching then all those sponsors will be off to the new kids on the block
Isn't the consensus that they have penny pinched for most of the last 13 years meanwhile our value has more than quadrupled?

Unread 24-08-2018, 11:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Isn't the consensus that they have penny pinched for most of the last 13 years meanwhile our value has more than quadrupled?
Though it is perhaps only now becoming how apparent how problematic that has become on the actual playing results front.

If we permanently become also-rans, the present "value" of the club is unsustainable.

Unread 24-08-2018, 11:22 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Though it is perhaps only now becoming how apparent how problematic that has become on the actual playing results front.

If we permanently become also-rans, the present "value" of the club is unsustainable.
To your first point; we have had the five worst league finishes of the last 26 years since 2013 and our value has shot up.

To your second, how do you expect a new owner to invest and recoup £3b?

Unread 25-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
To your first point; we have had the five worst league finishes of the last 26 years since 2013 and our value has shot up.

To your second, how do you expect a new owner to invest and recoup £3b?
Not saying we will drop off the map but the next generation of PL football fans from all over the world will be following the likes of city and Liverpool if their improvement and football style holds while we are still lurching from one disaster to another.
I live on the outskirts of greater Manchester and in the 70s and 80s most fans where either Liverpool(35%) or United(50%)then in the 90s and early 00s uniteds support went up by about 20% and liverpools dropped off.
Even in the mid 90s I saw a few blackburn shirts in our area as some jumped on the bandwagon of the new kids on the block then some chelski shirts started to appear around the mid 00s.
Guess who's shirt has started to appear now plus I see more Liverpool shits on top

That's just football and we can't take this global support for granted.

Unread 25-08-2018, 08:25 AM
sa7

Quote:
Not saying we will drop off the map but the next generation of PL football fans from all over the world will be following the likes of city and Liverpool if their improvement and football style holds while we are still lurching from one disaster to another.
I live on the outskirts of greater Manchester and in the 70s and 80s most fans where either Liverpool(35%) or United(50%)then in the 90s and early 00s uniteds support went up by about 20% and liverpools dropped off.
Even in the mid 90s I saw a few blackburn shirts in our area as some jumped on the bandwagon of the new kids on the block then some chelski shirts started to appear around the mid 00s.
Guess who's shirt has started to appear now plus I see more Liverpool shits on top

That's just football and we can't take this global support for granted.
Honestly, I don’t give two shits about whose shirt some glory hunting casual “fans” decide to wear. Whether it be in Wigan, New York or Hyderabad.

I’m just sick of our club’s name being prostituted to line the pockets of a bunch of slimy daddy’s boys.

Unread 25-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Honestly, I don’t give two shits about whose shirt some glory hunting casual “fans” decide to wear. Whether it be in Wigan, New York or Hyderabad.

I’m just sick of our club’s name being prostituted to line the pockets of a bunch of slimy daddy’s boys.

Can't argue with that

Unread 25-08-2018, 05:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

This is also true, of course. But the point is we rely on the "glory hunters" for a significant part of our revenue.

Unread 26-08-2018, 08:05 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
This is also true, of course. But the point is we rely on the "glory hunters" for a significant part of our revenue.
Why are the glory hunters supporting United?

They're clearly missing the point....

Unread 26-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Why are the glory hunters supporting United?

They're clearly missing the point....
We’re going to miss out on a whole generation of glory hunters.

Unread 26-08-2018, 05:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
We’re going to miss out on a whole generation of glory hunters.
In other words, money.
Closed Thread