United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:03 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

And there's nothing to stop one of them arguing about the Clash to keep the thread bumping.
The Mick Jones connection could help here, might rope in the odd Foreigner fan too (is there any other kind?)

My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Played for United in 1940
This is a nice touch isn't it?

I want people just to sit back and admire this guy's work for a moment.

The Real Roxanne

Leeds Utd calls in administrators

Leeds United is widely expected to be relegated at the weekend
Former Premiership football club Leeds United has called in administrators.
It will mean United are docked 10 league points, but it is not clear if that would happen this season or next.

The news comes just hours after the Leeds United Supporters Trust told the club it was in a position to make a serious proposal to buy the club.

Leeds has been struggling with its finances in recent years and relegation from the Championship will certainly eat into earnings for the coming year.

In recent years the club has sold its Elland Road home ground and its Thorp Arch training ground to cover previous cash shortfalls.

The fact that contracts for a number of high-price players run out this summer also means that the club will run short of valuable assets later this year.

Uncertainty

By entering administration the club can be held together while plans are put in place to restructure or sell it.

Experts predict that by making such a move, the club would be able to get rid of some of its debts.

Leeds would then be a more attractive investment and takeover target because any new owner would not have to take on its entire debt burden.

Under League rules, introduced in 2003, teams are deducted 10 points if they enter administration. Wrexham was the last club to befall such a fate in the 2004/5 season.

By taking the decision to go into administration during the current season, Leeds could have 10 points deducted now while the team is still in the Championship, rather than when it started next season in League One.

Should the penalty be held over, it would mean that the club started next season with a points tally of minus 10, a deduction that could seriously damage its prospects and could leave it in trouble for the rest of the 2007/8 season.

Leeds' chairman Ken Bates has been working hard to attract new investment to the club, but has so far had little success.

As well as the supporter's club, Leeds defender Gary Kelly has also been linked to a possible Irish takeover bid for the club.

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:04 PM
The Real Roxanne

From the BBC:
Quote:
FOOBTALL: Leeds United have gone into administration, reports BBC Radio Leeds.

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:05 PM
no fun

im very happy about leeds going into administration

it has helped me get over the death of joe strummer

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:07 PM
The Real Roxanne

Default crowngreeners

I'm leaving now to go to the shops to get some cheap champagne. Could you mind the thread for me while I'm gone? Cheers.

My Name is Keith

A powerful singleminded response from Roxy. That's got to unnerve Cog hasn't it?

Just when you thought Roxy was going to steer the thread off subject he's back in there with the big punches.

Wham!!!!

Kapooow!!!

As he reveals more Leeds details.

Where can Cog go now?

jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
I'm leaving now to go to the shops to get some cheap champagne. Could you mind the thread for me while I'm gone? Cheers.
No problem TRR, No Fun have you heard Joe Strummers Grave by Wild Billy Childish?

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:08 PM
DinGbAt

Go gog.

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:10 PM
My Name is Keith

I haven't seen anything from you Cog.

[gets to the floor and start beating it with his arm]

Oneaaah!!

Twoaaahhh!!

Threeaaahhh!!

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:12 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
No problem TRR, No Fun have you heard Joe Strummers Grave by Wild Billy Childish?
it was on the mp3 you sent me

this leeds thing

how the mighty have fallen

it only seems like yesterday that they got a (safe european) home draw in the champions league

whoever takes them over needs to have (the right profile)

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Gog Coch

MasterBates and Leeds United - WELL SUITED!

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:14 PM
silv

HAHA

they dont call me norman bad sport for nothing

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
no fun

unifying the two threads is not big, nor clever

the real roxanne won, hands down

nearly home time for me

should i stay or should i go ?

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
it was on the mp3 you sent me

this leeds thing

how the mighty have fallen

it only seems like yesterday that they got a (safe european) home draw in the champions league

whoever takes them over needs to have (the right profile)
If you're in administration do they call in the police (and thieves)?

There won't be many career opportunities for the Leeds squad after their relegation either

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:17 PM
silv

Quote:
unifying the two threads is not big, nor clever

the real roxanne won, hands down

nearly home time for me

should i stay or should i go ?
whats a leeds thread without a bit of administration eh?

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:18 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
If you're in administration do they call in the police (and thieves)?

There won't be many career opportunities for the Leeds squad after their relegation either
they will certainly be under pressure when they drop a division

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:20 PM
jaffo

Quote:
they will certainly be under pressure when they drop a division
I wonder if they'll ask for 48 hours to appeal.

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:20 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Poll
whats a leeds thread without a bit of administration eh?

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
silv

we've got two little cards right next to your post number!
Closed Thread