United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Buck

We can go on a long winning run too. Is it 6 in a row currently??

To get Top 4 we must win the head-to-head matches with those above us and that starts in two weeks when the Scousers come to OT.

Unread 01-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's only a matter of time before Liverpool start fading. I know they don't have Europe but they're using too few players. They're already starting to pick up injuries and their general energy levels will drop.

They'll get top 4 but there's no chance they'll win the league.

And their record against the top teams isn't that important. They're capable of dropping points to any team.

They try to blow the shit teams away in the first 15 minutes. If that fails they get frustrated, take too many risks and gaps start to show at the back. People will wise up to it soon enough.
I wish I shared your optimism re their inevitable dip. I don't see a big one coming from them unless there's a glut of injuries. Yesterday was a big win for them. They didn't play great, but still saw the game out well. They've got Chelsea later this month and they'll fancy themselves. They haven't really missed countinho as much as I thought they would and, as I've said before, their brand of football is enough to beat most of the league, most of the time.

Ofcourse we could do ourselves a favour in this department by beating them ourselves in two weeks.

If we can win tomorrow, then beat Liverpool then I'll start to believe top four is on and it'll £#%&! their title chances too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
We can go on a long winning run too. Is it 6 in a row currently??

To get Top 4 we must win the head-to-head matches with those above us and that starts in two weeks when the Scousers come to OT.
Yep. After the draws we had, I said we'd need to win eight in a row to give ourselves a chance. I stick to that. Beating West ham and then would give us 7 in a row.

That spurs game was the catalyst for a bit of belief in the side. If we can get past Liverpool, I think the players will really start to think top four is there.

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's only a matter of time before Liverpool start fading. I know they don't have Europe but they're using too few players. They're already starting to pick up injuries and their general energy levels will drop.

They'll get top 4 but there's no chance they'll win the league.

And their record against the top teams isn't that important. They're capable of dropping points to any team.

They try to blow the shit teams away in the first 15 minutes. If that fails they get frustrated, take too many risks and gaps start to show at the back. People will wise up to it soon enough.
They can £#%&! up against a rank side now and again but by taking points off their rivals it allows them to stay in touch. That's why despite winning 13 in a row Chelsea are just six points ahead.

In previous years, and I look at Arsenal as the epitome of this, being a minnow basher was enough to get Top 4.

Now with the best 6 teams set in stone more or less, and all vying for a Top 4 spot taking points off each other is extremely important.

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

there's a few on this thread who said we'd never win 2 or 3 on the bounce never mind have any chance of top 4.

here we are, a few short weeks later, won 6 on the trot, and just 7pts off 2nd who we play in a couple of weeks at OT.

there's still half a £#%&!ing season to go you @#%&!

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
there's a few on this thread who said we'd never win 2 or 3 on the bounce never mind have any chance of top 4.

here we are, a few short weeks later, won 6 on the trot, and just 7pts off 2nd who we play in a couple of weeks at OT.

Said I could see United going on a winning run when we had all those infuriating draws - guess who assured us there was no chance of it happening

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

chelsea began this run 8pts off the top and are now 7pts clear. they've taken 10pts out of the vermin and 15pts out the liars.

they're top of the form table last 8 games.
united are second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Said I could see United going on a winning run when we had all those infuriating draws - guess who assured us there was no chance of it happening
dave lee travis?

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

October - 4 fredsters gave Liverpool the league and said we should put ALL our eggs in the Europa basket 20+ games to play....

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
dave lee travis?
Didn't know he was a balding cockney.

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
October - 4 fredsters gave Liverpool the league and said we should put ALL our eggs in the Europa basket 20+ games to play....
I know I'm not exactly The Happiest Guy In Springfield when it comes to our top four prospects, but that's £#%&!ing stupid.

I don't want us focusing all our efforts into a cup.

Besides, it's all related to form. An in-form, improving United will stand a better chance of top four and Europa success. They go hand in hand.

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:40 PM
dunk

We're still lacking firepower for me. That and a competent alternative to Carrick. We could storm top 4, but as the side in the top 6 that's scoring the least, it'll be difficult.

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:41 PM
puressence

Fancy palace for at least a point today

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Fancy palace for at least a point today
5-0 Arsenal then.

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Buck

Big Sam master-class coming up.

0-0

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Dropped points for the crybabies and an ArsenalFanTV meltdown to start the new year please, Eric.

Love ArsenalFanTV. Better than any footy show on tele.

Unread 01-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Easy Arsenal win

Nice finish

Unread 01-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Vedder

£#%&! me

Unread 01-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Switching Off

Wow

Unread 01-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Sparky***

Haha. That's just a joke

Unread 01-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Wez

If Lee Mason was ref that would not of stood high foot

Unread 01-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep. After the draws we had, I said we'd need to win eight in a row to give ourselves a chance. I stick to that.
there's half a season to go you tart
Closed Thread