United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:02 PM
armchair

Some people just are negative no matter what. They are just posting their paranoid fears as a kind of coping mechanism. It doesn't mean they hate United or want their fears to become reality.

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:02 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Some people just are negative no matter what. They are just posting their paranoid fears as a kind of coping mechanism. It doesn't mean they hate United or want the their fears to become reality.
Well put

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I really don't get the group of Negative Norris's on this forum.

This season is like night and day compared to the previous three seasons. I agree it been disappointing that we have not finished off teams during games United should have won. But after Moyes and LVG this feels like United are on the right track.

I am convinced that Jose will get this right and will start moving out 5 or 6 of the deadwood over the next 2 windows which will improve thing further.

The only black spot during his reign so far is his insistence on keeping Fellaini in the side
Apparently I'm a part of the negative group.....

I agree the football is waaaaaaay better than it has been. Also agree that we're on the right track. Also agree that Mou will get it right

But unless you're beating your chest after a 0-0 draw against Burnley or bleating on about winning runs (after one win) then you're known as negative

There's nothing negative about it, it's being realistic that at this moment in time it will be difiucuilt for us to mount a title challenge. Not that I expected that at the start of the season, but again, it's being negative if you don't think we can turn a 13 point deficit around

Quote:
Some people just are negative no matter what. They are just posting their paranoid fears as a kind of coping mechanism. It doesn't mean they hate United or want their fears to become reality.
This too.

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Apparently I'm a part of the negative group.....

I agree the football is waaaaaaay better than it has been. Also agree that we're on the right track. Also agree that Mou will get it right

But unless you're beating your chest after a 0-0 draw against Burnley or bleating on about winning runs (after one win) then you're known as negative

There's nothing negative about it, it's being realistic that at this moment in time it will be difiucuilt for us to mount a title challenge. Not that I expected that at the start of the season, but again, it's being negative if you don't think we can turn a 13 point deficit around

This too.

You said we won't make top 4, the europa is our best bet for CL football and Liverpool will win the league....

What about THOSE apples....

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You said we won't make top 4, the europa is our best bet for CL football and Liverpool will win the league....

What about THOSE apples....
At this moment in time I'll stick by it pal (us not finishing fourth) and I'm not sure I said outright Liverpool would definitely win the league think I said I have a bad feeling that this will be their year and could see them going close? If I did it was likely because I'm a shit the bed and after 2014 I'm even worse

Not sure if that's negative (re- united and 4th) it's just being realistic of where we are at the moment. We haven't won back to back league games for months now and up until today have found it hard to either kill games off or hold onto 1-0 leads. Doesn't mean I don't think the football is better or we've improved or that I don't think Jose will eventually get it right

I hope to £#%&! I'm wrong....

Won't be the first time tbf.

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:13 PM
forzagarza

shit thread

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:14 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I really don't get the group of Negative Norris's on this forum.

This season is like night and day compared to the previous three seasons. I agree it been disappointing that we have not finished off teams during games United should have won. But after Moyes and LVG this feels like United are on the right track.

I am convinced that Jose will get this right and will start moving out 5 or 6 of the deadwood over the next 2 windows which will improve thing further.

The only black spot during his reign so far is his insistence on keeping Fellaini in the side
Spot on, even today we were robbed of 2 penalties, hit the bar. The fact that we got over the line just shows more progress.

A big win at palace now will see us motor on for the other winnable games. Good times coming. Hope we get some crap team in the draw tomorrow, first leg at home first to get a big lead and rest players 2nd leg....

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:22 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Totally - this is 100% sparky's approach imv. Persuades himself that we're not good enough and the opposition are always far better and you can never feel too let down or be unprepared for it when it does go to shit,

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:25 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Totally - this is 100% sparky's approach imv. Persuades himself that we're not good enough and the opposition are always far better and you can never feel too let down or be unprepared for it when it does go to shit,
Again well put

I can't help it, when the 6 minutes injury time was announced today, my first thought was " they could get 2"

I always think of worst case scenario with united, then anything else is a bonus

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:26 PM
forzagarza

With the advent of Twitter and a fair few players being on there then some of them e.g. Young, Rooney must have been well aware at the barrage of abuse they've got from united fans. As much as I think players shouldn't be immune I don't think that is any way productive. Doesn't matter if someone is on a 5 r 6 figure weekly wage if they're getting abuse from supporters I would imagine that it would make some actually think £#%&! the @#%&!s and care less.

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
This is scarily accurate.

I've got this thing that i've had since childhood where if I think good things will happen then it'll all blow up in my face. I also used to have this thing where I had to do 10 keepy uppys with this little mini football I had before a United game or we'd lose.

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Bunker Buster

It's an excuse and a way of worming out of things.

Pathetic way to live.

Really bad for your mental health...

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:29 PM
no fun

Quote:

Pathetic way to live.

I only apply it to united

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:32 PM
forzagarza

Quote:

Pathetic way to live.

Not as simple as that though is it. You can be negative about United yet positive enough to eat other random peoples leftovers in a cafe or a sausage thats been on the floor for more than 5 seconds.

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I only apply it to united

And Xmas
And royals
And bankers
And South Africa
And north Manchester
And work
The Irish
London
Urban music
Fashion
Etc

Etc

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:40 PM
no fun

Quote:

And Xmas
And royals
And bankers
And South Africa
And north Manchester
And work
The Irish
London
Urban music
Fashion
Etc

Etc
Different scenario....with united I always fear the worst...like armers said, it's probably a coping mechanism

My negativity towards the other things listed, though not all accurate, is completely unconnected....if we all really took time to examine the irrational emotional investment we put into united we would realise what loons we all are....but it's football, so we dont

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Bobda

Armers is right to a certain extent - the majority neggers are glass half empty types as a coping mechanism.

However, within the Neg Crew there is a group that only know how to communicate using reverse psychology. Be right and lose, or be wrong and win. The sage borefest and the race to be the first to be right is tiresome.

Unread 11-12-2016, 08:59 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
It kept a few survivors going in Auschwitz, not a certain persons grandad obvs.

Unread 11-12-2016, 09:08 PM
irk

Lightbulb

Blind optimism and hopeless doom are opposite sides the same coin. But Top redness has the added insistence on conformity and groupthink. Like little nazis. The redshirts. Mission - to sniff out defeatists.

Unread 11-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

This season really is the calm before the storm.
Closed Thread