United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2016, 10:13 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They get @#%&!ted 4-0 and by the time they get back in the changing room they're over it.
they were all smiles, swapped shirts & hugs before they'd left the pitch mate.
It's a whole new era & it'll take time to get used to because we had 20 odd years of continual success with a continual turnover of players who absolutely £#%&!ing hated losing (managed by the biggest winner/worst loser in the history of the game)

I was out all yesterday so haven't seen any of the game, but I fail to see how United failing to beat Burnley at Old Trafford could contain any positives whatsoever.
Shocking result.
Especially off the back of such a poor run.

Having said all that I certainly trust Mourinho & it will happen for us eventually, but not this season..

Unread 30-10-2016, 11:43 PM
LeftWinger

We are only 10 league games in but so far, with the investment in the Summer, it has been surprisingly disappointing so far for me.
I am a realist and I wasn't expecting us to @#%&! teams 5 nil every week. But I expected us to build on last season with the new players and challenge for top 3. We are miles away.

Unread 30-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

incredible turnover of players (and managers and staff) lately; the lead has to come from the older players, the veterans, the captain. we have carrick barely on the pitch, rooney barely contributing never mind inspiring the others, and smalling barely worth mentioning...

given this lack of consistent leadership, the attitude in united's squad comes from a mix of things:

lowered expectations - people making excuses right from the start about this manager's chances of winning the league like it's already accepted that he can't is just the latest example...

european culture - so many players from spain in particular all on a £#%&!ing jolly in england with no real affinity to the clubs they're in. sure they learn it, and they say they feel it, and they understand the rivalries. but they don't know it and sure don't live it.

money - bog standard english players on half a million a year, just above average players are millionaires in their early 20s, too many over-rated foreign stars starting on £50k a week plus; the comfort zone is corrosive...

lack of hunger - old stagers are largely gone now, but even those who are left have bantz on and off the pitch with the opposition rather than get the backs of their own team-mates. that would never have happened in the past, right wayne? it's also corrosive.

tv - tv has £#%&!ed up all the fixtures, virtually wiped out off the ball stuff, censored the crowd, selectively grasses on players, has all but cut out dissent on the pitch, and drained everything that was good out of the physical and emotional side of the sport.

Unread 30-10-2016, 11:45 PM
taff

Unread 31-10-2016, 12:14 AM
red in cumbria

If you want to try and be positive, we've only had two really bad games this season arguably?

Unread 31-10-2016, 12:29 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
things are not shaping up. we were playing burnley at home. we don't have anyone who we can rely on to score a goal. mourinho is a stroppy little c***.
Love to know who this 'we' is you refer to.

Unread 31-10-2016, 12:57 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If you want to try and be positive, we've only had two really bad games this season arguably?
Had some very poor decisions go against us at key points in various games too.

Bravo penalty.
Luiz red (yes it was 2-0, but we could've gotten a result that day)
Yesterday.

Herrera challenge on Allen doesn't count, because he's a little scouse @#%&!.

Unread 31-10-2016, 01:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Love to know who this 'we' is you refer to.
aren't you going to let me in your gang? 4u

Unread 31-10-2016, 05:22 AM
waynes ear's

Anyone saying gotten needs to be gassed

Unread 31-10-2016, 08:47 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
aren't you going to let me in your gang? 4u
Given your football views are as idiotic as your political ones, that's probs a no, but I'll keep your application on file.

Unread 31-10-2016, 09:57 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Two might be pushing it, but I do believe performance levels have significantly improved on a consistent basis from last year.

All our wins have been completely deserved, but plenty of our dropped points were avoidable.

I felt the opposite this time last year.

Unread 31-10-2016, 02:23 PM
barca99

If we could string 4 or 5 wins together we would be right back in the mix.

Zero chance of that happening though

Cant wait for swansea

Unread 31-10-2016, 03:05 PM
elephantstone

I think Mourinho will leave before the season is over. I think he is depressed and has fallen out of love with football. You only have to look at him to see he is tormented.

Sad to see but I feel he will be gone this season.

Unread 31-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
If we could string 4 or 5 wins together we would be right back in the mix.

Zero chance of that happening though

Cant wait for swansea
I was only just reminiscing about a Summer of 'they're in for it' etc etc

Unread 31-10-2016, 03:14 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I think Mourinho will leave before the season is over. I think he is depressed and has fallen out of love with football. You only have to look at him to see he is tormented.

Absolutely no chance

Looks really tormented in his latest interview.....

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...hey-did-before

Unread 31-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Inside info ?

Unread 31-10-2016, 03:38 PM
suffolkred

In all seriousness, if Jose did go, there is literally no one who could take over. Diego Simeone or Pochettino are the only viable candidates.

Unread 31-10-2016, 03:49 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Absolutely no chance

Looks really tormented in his latest interview.....

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...hey-did-before
look at his face before the video starts, he is a shadow of his former self. Just functioning through the day, the guy is clearly depressed. I wouldnt be surprised if he had a little cry before this video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Inside info ?
No, I hear people saying stuff but I just think you will get people who will be difficult with him because of his persona.Those who work at the club seem to take delight in the fact that this is united and that they will always be bigger than any manager or player. Its a strange kind of situation where they almost cant wait for him to fail.

Unread 31-10-2016, 03:51 PM
dragflick

Quote:
look at his face before the video starts, he is a shadow of his former self. Just functioning through the day, the guy is clearly depressed. I wouldnt be surprised if he had a little cry before this video
ffs

Unread 31-10-2016, 03:51 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolkred
In all seriousness, if Jose did go, there is literally no one who could take over. Diego Simeone or Pochettino are the only viable candidates.
Closed Thread