United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Jethro

Pie in the sky nonsense

Unread 30-10-2016, 05:38 PM
King Eric

For me we have the best manager in the world, a bottomless pit of money to spend on new and better players, plus we are a massive attractive glamour club and it's only a matter of time before Jose' makes us great again.

Unread 30-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
For me we have the best manager in the world, a bottomless pit of money to spend on new and better players, plus we are a massive attractive glamour club and it's only a matter of time before Jose' makes us great again.
Spot on!

Unread 30-10-2016, 05:48 PM
believe

Thumbs up

Saffers knows

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Burnley at OT. Not much of an examination for a United full back. They were incredibly light going forward.
Did we actually not have a shot on target against us for the second game in a row?

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:24 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Did we actually not have a shot on target against us for the second game in a row?
They had a shot in the 1st half straight at De Gea

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
His head's not in the game. His missus has £#%&!ed off out of the country with his kid and is running to every tabloid she can to coat him off.
Jaysus.

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Spot on SAF face.

Although forget the 8 points of the top talk, we won't be winning the league, the realistic aim should be simply top 4.
That's what we should be happy with at end of the season, but we need to aim higher as top 4 will then be easier to hit.

As for turning the corner, I think we already have, compared to the past 3 years. I've seen things in our performances this season that have been absent since fergie's best teams. It's just a question of giving mourinho the time and backing to continue down the path he's put us back on

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Agree with most of that but the title is virtually gone imo. 8 points isn't a huge gap if you are behind just 1 team but to catch all 3 is a big ask.
Top 4 is the target with a couple of cups
No one said it will be easy, but it has to be the attitude. Aiming for the title is a mental shift which makes it more likely we finish in the top 4.

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:54 PM
LeftWinger

Top 4? I serioudly doubt we will make top 5 this season.

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWinger
You're certain we'll make the top 17 though aren't you pal? Aren't you?

Or are we getting relegated?

Unread 30-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWinger
Just the one place in your predictions, how about you turn it in Dereck Acorah and see where we are around January....

Unread 30-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Sparky***

They'll either click soon enough or we'll just keep throwing money at it until we do.

Either way I've completely lost the will to get properly enraged since the Watford game as i think it provided a stark reminder of just how far we have to go as a team. There really is no point in gazing a the top of the table because this lot aren't capable of getting there.

You can sit and grind your teeth about it and scream on about how much we've spent and how this manager is doing better than this manager... but you just come to the realisation, as i have, that you're only giving yourself heart palpitations, because the blokes in red shirts don't give 2 £#%&!s. They get @#%&!ted 4-0 and by the time they get back in the changing room they're over it.

Unread 30-10-2016, 07:08 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

There's an awful lot to be optimistic about. Yesterday could and should have been a rout, an awful lot of shit posted in the match thread, mostly by jem.

If people can't see that things are shaping up they really ought not be watching any more football and going around pretending to support utd.

Unread 30-10-2016, 07:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
There's an awful lot to be optimistic about. Yesterday could and should have been a rout, an awful lot of shit posted in the match thread, mostly by jem.

If people can't see that things are shaping up they really ought not be watching any more football and going around pretending to support utd.
things are not shaping up. we were playing burnley at home. we don't have anyone who we can rely on to score a goal. mourinho is a stroppy little @#%&!.

Unread 30-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
things are not shaping up. we were playing burnley at home. we don't have anyone who we can rely on to score a goal. mourinho is a stroppy little c***.
Not only that Fellaini either starts or is a go to guy off the bench.

Unread 30-10-2016, 07:59 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
things are not shaping up. we were playing burnley at home. we don't have anyone who we can rely on to score a goal. mourinho is a stroppy little c***.
We do. He's just out of form.

Plus you know absolutely nothing about football going off your embarrassing team selections each week.

Unread 30-10-2016, 08:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
We do. He's just out of form
So at the moment we don't, then

Unread 30-10-2016, 08:15 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Pie in the sky nonsense
Sure, just as it was pie in the sky that utd under lvg would eventually be exposed

Unread 30-10-2016, 08:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Plus you know absolutely nothing about football going off your embarrassing team selections each week.
meh. I do. or you do.

Unread 30-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

bottom half going into the mid-table run leading up to xmas

teetering above the relegation zone by the time the scousers turn up in january
Closed Thread