United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > MUFC Tickets and Travel
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2014, 04:53 PM
est.1878

Thumbs down Loyalty Pot & Domestic Aways

Looks like heading to a new era of euro away style ticket collection :shakehead:

Unread 11-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Whip Hubley

Unread 11-02-2014, 05:19 PM
ryanMUFC

The loyalty pot isn't that big and unless you're in the pot or friendly with someone In it who sorts you for tickets it doesn't really matter does it?

Unread 11-02-2014, 05:30 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
The loyalty pot isn't that big and unless you're in the pot or friendly with someone In it who sorts you for tickets it doesn't really matter does it?
There's a significant community of people who pass around LP tickets at face value, which is why you will see the same faces time and time again on aways.

If you are not more than a little concerned at the way this is going, people having tickets confiscated etc, then you have no grounds for concern when you're watching another spurs away with zero atmosphere and "full of tourists".

Yes to the bold btw.

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:06 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
There's a significant community of people who pass around LP tickets at face value, which is why you will see the same faces time and time again on aways.

If you are not more than a little concerned at the way this is going, people having tickets confiscated etc, then you have no grounds for concern when you're watching another spurs away with zero atmosphere and "full of tourists".

Yes to the bold btw.
It also might have it's advantages. The younger lads that always make it to aways might end up attending home games, making old trafford more bearable.

A lot of the old faces in the loyalty pot don't 'add to the atmosphere' from those I know anyway. Execs get a priority in away tickets as well, you can argue that execs are responsible for the lack of atmosphere.

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:10 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
It also might have it's advantages. The younger lads that always make it to aways might end up attending home games, making old trafford more bearable.

A lot of the old faces in the loyalty pot don't 'add to the atmosphere' from those I know anyway. Execs get a priority in away tickets as well, you can argue that execs are responsible for the lack of atmosphere.
That's a load of %@#$&!s, mate.

Next.

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:12 PM
ryanMUFC

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:18 PM
forzagarza

It's ridiculous how people see fit to criticise people like Sepp Blatter for wanting to be in the FIFA loyalty pot again and again but when it comes to this they are demanding of their rights as if longevity of something actually means something. It shits on the idea of freedom and equality.

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:24 PM
est.1878

As far as I can remember exec and LP both get 36% of tickets for aways - so this is significant.

Interesting but not surprising how this only applies to LP and not Execs - would be reasonable to suggest the majority of over FV transfers occur through exec.?

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:26 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
As far as I can remember exec and LP both get 36% of tickets for aways - so this is significant.

Interesting but not surprising how this only applies to LP and not Execs - would be reasonable to suggest the majority of over FV transfers occur through exec.?
Exactly. But they wouldn't risk upsetting the execs would they?

More to the point, where is all this evidence of widespread touting of tickets?

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:34 PM
toseeunited

i'm not saying what they're doing is right, but for every LP'er who doesn't go but passes his ticket to a "regular" there are thousands of people like me and my old man who are ST holders, go to every Euro away but get chubbed to £#%&! for every domestic away and are constantly getting shafted.

so, like i say, i'm not saying that what they've decided to do is right, but one thing i will say is that the collection service at euro aways benefits the lads (and lasses) who actually travel to SUPPORT the team.

there's a difference between a supporter and a fan. it's the supporters i care about.

as has already been said, the abuse of execs tickets is where the real issue is IMO

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:49 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i'm not saying what they're doing is right, but for every LP'er who doesn't go but passes his ticket to a "regular" there are thousands of people like me and my old man who are ST holders, go to every Euro away but get chubbed to £#%&! for every domestic away and are constantly getting shafted.

so, like i say, i'm not saying that what they've decided to do is right, but one thing i will say is that the collection service at euro aways benefits the lads (and lasses) who actually travel to SUPPORT the team.

there's a difference between a supporter and a fan. it's the supporters i care about.

as has already been said, the abuse of execs tickets is where the real issue is IMO
Spot on.
If you pay for a season ticket and cup games and get chubbed..you're not going to give a £#%&! about someone who expects a ticket because he knows someone in the pot. It will probably increase the amount on the job though.

Unread 11-02-2014, 06:58 PM
wiganste

I would imagine getting chubbed is a result these days? Spending the best part of £150 for the ticket/travel/booze to watch the shit Moyes' useless @#%&!s are serving up? You need your heads testing

Unread 11-02-2014, 07:02 PM
rogieop

whats the point in even having tickets nowadays.

soon they will just have a checklist of names. you show up to the turnstile hand in your id and will be admitted to your section/seat.

Do as your told now, sit down, dont make too much noise.

Unread 11-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I would imagine getting chubbed is a result these days? Spending the best part of £150 for the ticket/travel/booze to watch the shit Moyes' useless @#%&!s are serving up? You need your heads testing

Jaded Ste: He's Jaded

Unread 11-02-2014, 08:52 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Unread 11-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Bunker Buster

They'll have a lot more £#%&!ing problems with tickets soon if they stick with this boggle eyed #@&%!.

It's been coming for years this ID scheme, not sure how it will work.....

But if you want to go and see united in most aways it's not too difficult...

The utter @#%&!s.

Unread 11-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Crumps

Announce a price freeze then get back to £#%&!ing supporters. Wonder what the percentage of season ticket holders at OT that have never been to an away game is nowadays? I bet it's another record broken.
Closed Thread