United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Harri Jaffa

If Fletcher hadn't have got that card against Arsenal in the semi before barca...

Unread 23-01-2013, 04:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
If Fletcher hadn't have got that card against Arsenal in the semi before barca...

Not this again.

Unread 23-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Not this again.
We'd have bloody won and we all knows it

Unread 23-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Thora Hird after a few sherries?

Hargreaves was our Missing Link, not in the #@&%!ed Fuzzy Dunlop of a different species type way, I mean in a missing key to success type way.

31. £#%&!ing hell, 2 years older than RVP. Our biggest loss since Ben Thornley did his knee.

In a Kagawa sort of way, yes, he was.

The fact is that he didn't actually play in the role we supposedly bought him to fill. (Deep lying/defensive midfielder).

If he'd have stayed fit he'd have fulfilled the Ji Sung Park role, i.e., right side of midfield and expected to be half a stopper, half a winger.

That's my opinion.

Unread 23-01-2013, 11:31 PM
jem

this is a ridiculous thread.

course we'd have won the european cup every year. even fergie couldn't have £#%&!ed it up.

we should never have sold veron.

Unread 23-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

who are all these new mongs? :shakehead:

Unread 23-01-2013, 11:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
who are all these new mongs? :shakehead:
I don't know but I hated heath just from his stupid name and I'm surprised I haven't banned him already.

Unread 23-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Over-rated curly haired ringpiece.
Confirmed. Hargreaves did a decent job for the team when he was fit, but I don't recall ever being much impressed with him in centre midfield. His athleticism was outstanding and he was excellent at harassing the opposition, but he was caught out of position far too frequently for someone who was ostensibly a defensive midfielder. When in possession, he tended to take too many touches before playing the ball and also didn't have a great range of passing when he did play it. Carrick, for all his faults, is much the better player.

Unread 23-01-2013, 11:54 PM
The Mull

If my Auntie had balls:

Unread 23-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Confirmed. Hargreaves did a decent job for the team when he was fit, but I don't recall ever being much impressed with him in centre midfield. His athleticism was outstanding and he was excellent at harassing the opposition, but he was caught out of position far too frequently for someone who was ostensibly a defensive midfielder. When in possession, he tended to take too many touches before playing the ball and also didn't have a great range of passing when he did play it. Carrick, for all his faults, is much the better player.
Exactly.

It's very telling that he never managed to nail down a regular place in his favoured position the entire time he was here.

Unread 24-01-2013, 12:23 AM
jem

carrick + hargo > 2
Closed Thread