United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:37 PM
My Name is Heath

Question If Owen Hargreaves had stayed fit

we'd have equalled Liverpool's European Cup record by now.

Discuss.

I'll start then.

A world class, zesty experienced midfielder in EXACTLY the position we've been weak in.

Hell, JOS started in 2009 IIRC, Cougar would have been better than him for a starters.

Same for 2011 - we'd have done Barca with him there at Wembley, or at least held them to a draw.

He's only 31/32 or so - we could have had so much from him.

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Pop

Cheeky bid?

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Rhodzy

Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy, I've come home. I'm so cold, let me in in a your window.

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Ethers

Over-rated curly haired ringpiece.

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:40 PM
forwardirektion

On the downside, game of thrones would've been missing a top character

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:41 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

2009 should have been the one. If Ronaldo takes one his early chances we'd have won it nqat. Too many people didn't turn up Anderson turned in the worst performance I've ever seen from a United player, Edwin should have done better for their first and terrible marking for the second. Have never watched it again so may be wrong on the second goal. Wearing white in the final is probably what Reallycost us though. Just £#%&!ing win it again you @#%&!s

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:41 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Cheeky bid?
Thora Hird after a few sherries?

Hargreaves was our Missing Link, not in the #@&%!ed Fuzzy Dunlop of a different species type way, I mean in a missing key to success type way.

31. £#%&!ing hell, 2 years older than RVP. Our biggest loss since Ben Thornley did his knee.

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:43 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Over-rated curly haired ringpiece.
Me or Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
On the downside, game of thrones would've been missing a top character
Aye - another sign that Owen Starkgreaves was a United legend in training. King of the North meets South Stand Sikhs.

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Tombolatastic

Wouldn't get in ahead of Carrick.

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:49 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombolatastic
Wouldn't get in ahead of Carrick.
£#%&!ing hell Sherlock - who rattled your cage :shakehead:

Nobody is saying it's either/or you turd.

Carrick and Hargreaves is like Petit/Vieira; Bangers and Mash, Cagney and Lacey, Pop and Irk.

They just go well together.

You're behaving like the 6 minute abs guy in 'Something About Mary' - think man, think. :shakehead:

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Tombolatastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
£#%&!ing hell Sherlock - who rattled your cage :shakehead:

Nobody is saying it's either/or you turd.

Carrick and Hargreaves is like Petit/Vieira; Bangers and Mash, Cagney and Lacey, Pop and Irk.

They just go well together.

You're behaving like the 6 minute abs guy in 'Something About Mary' - think man, think. :shakehead:
I'm thinkin', i'm thinkin'........ what?

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:01 PM
My Name is Heath

and Hargreaves is a magnificient centre midfield pairing.

Throw in a Cleverley or Anderson for some extra zest and right there you have a CL winning midfield.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

was decent on the right wing in moscow tbf

can't say I miss that stupid £#%&!ing accent and the "go ahead" goal blather though...

oh o win har ar greaves...

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Tombolatastic

Oh shudda wudda cudda.

Petit & Vieira eh?

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:33 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombolatastic
Oh shudda wudda cudda.

Petit & Vieira eh?
Yeah, that Qatari midfield of the Korean Ji Tung Oh and the 3 arab triplets is a good midfield. Spotters badge there Mr T.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Crumps

I miss the song.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:37 PM
carlosartorial

Oh great, a football thread.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:40 PM
tatty

His injury record wasn't great before we bought him but I was still chuffed. He seemed the best we could hope for to replace Keane and tbf looked pretty decent while he stayed fit.

I reckon 'it's a right Hargreaves' is a popular catchphrase in the Munich used car salesmen world.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:43 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
2009 should have been the one. If Ronaldo takes one his early chances we'd have won it nqat. Too many people didn't turn up Anderson turned in the worst performance I've ever seen from a United player, Edwin should have done better for their first and terrible marking for the second. Have never watched it again so may be wrong on the second goal. Wearing white in the final is probably what Reallycost us though. Just £#%&!ing win it again you @#%&!s

At the time everyone was buzzing and saying it's nailed on that we'd win as we wore white in Rotterdam.

Me included.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Tombolatastic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Yeah, that Qatari midfield of the Korean Ji Tung Oh and the 3 arab triplets is a good midfield. Spotters badge there Mr T.
Closed Thread