United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2013, 09:15 AM
The Return of JC

Hate the phrase 'world class'. Means nothing.

Unread 24-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Mr_Ed

It does... It means something or somebody who is near the best in the world IMHO ... Rooney ain't that.

Unread 24-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
It does... It means something or somebody who is near the best in the world IMHO ... Rooney ain't that.
On current form no, but how often does he come up with the goals against top 4 sides and champions league ko's?

Very.

Unread 24-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
On current form no, but how often does he come up with the goals against top 4 sides and champions league ko's?

Very.
United have not struggled for goals in the 7 league games we've played this season versus Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and City and yet Rooney has only got 2 out of the 15 and only scored in 1 of the matches. Meanwhile, RvP has hit 6 goals and only failed to score in 1 game.

Since 2009, with Rooney the focal point of the side, United have won just 1 major trophy.

Of course that isn't down to him exactly, but it does show that his influence is overstated, and RvP's impact only goes to prove the point.

Unread 24-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Baron

Only if we got Falcao or Neymar as a replacement.

Fancy foriegn professionalism >> Scousers with a shit first touch.

Unread 24-01-2013, 11:47 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
No chance.

He's a winner and would only give them extra edge in title run ins.
This I disagree with. Ronaldo was a winner. Would play to final whistle, even if four up he wanted more. Rooney is no more a winner than any other player. He looks like a winner who dragged himself up from a council estate. In reality though he is a spoiled multi millionaire in a wig who in last two seasons usually gives 70% if that.

Unread 24-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Stakker

Not to city, no, because you know he'd suddenly start playing the football of his life again.

Unread 24-01-2013, 12:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
This I disagree with. Ronaldo was a winner. Would play to final whistle, even if four up he wanted more. Rooney is no more a winner than any other player. He looks like a winner who dragged himself up from a council estate. In reality though he is a spoiled multi millionaire in a wig who in last two seasons usually gives 70% if that.
£#%&!ing hell

'MJ to the forum, MJ to the forum...'

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing hell

'MJ to the forum, MJ to the forum...'
You'd think there'd be more than just me on here who'd want to defend such a great player wouldn't you?

In the last season & a half Rooney has scored over 40 goals for United (with only 70% effort apparently)
He scored plenty of key goals in the run-in against Villa, Everton & Sunderland which would have landed us the Title had we not defended like #@&%!s.
The 'winner' Ronaldo since leaving United has also only won 1 League Title. He's also bottled another key European Cup penalty in that time...As well as shitting himself in the Euros' & refusing to take one.
Still, he had a good cry because Casillas voted for Ramos in the Ballon D'or nominations & refused to celebrate his goals, so I suppose that makes him a winner of sorts.

Everybody trying to 'out hate' Rooney is embarrassing.

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:04 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
You'd think there'd be more than just me on here who'd want to defend such a great player wouldn't you?

In the last season & a half Rooney has scored over 40 goals for United (with only 70% effort apparently)
He scored plenty of key goals in the run-in against Villa, Everton & Sunderland which would have landed us the Title had we not defended like #@&%!s.
The 'winner' Ronaldo since leaving United has also only won 1 League Title. He's also bottled another key European Cup penalty in that time...As well as shitting himself in the Euros' & refusing to take one.
Still, he had a good cry because Casillas voted for Ramos in the Ballon D'or nominations & refused to celebrate his goals, so I suppose that makes him a winner of sorts.

"Not getting dragged in anymore"

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:06 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
"Not getting dragged in anymore"

That was just for old times sake.

I meant starting from now.

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Ramone dropping truth bombs

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:12 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Would probably swap him for Wilshere, tbh
In a friggin' heartbeat. Wilshere is a much better footballer and almost exactly what we're missing.

Rooney out, Wilshere in would make us a better team.

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Harri Jaffa

We've got a top and very balanced strike force.

No need messing with that

Just spend the cash on a £#%&!ing midfielder (Wilshire ) and be done with it ffs

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Not sure what's with the Ronaldo comparison tbh. Great opening gambit though Ramone. Here's a cold hard truth for you: United won the league in the season Rooney was mostly shit and acted the @#%&!, whilst Ronaldo was the best player in the world in the season Real won the league from Messi's Barcelona team. Ronaldo has helped Portugal do okay on the international scene without pulling up any trees, whilst Rooney has been a joke. Regardless of anything that's actually happened since 2009, neither has found a combination as good as the one they had together at United.

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Not sure what's with the Ronaldo comparison tbh. Great opening gambit though Ramone. Here's a cold hard truth for you: United won the league in the season Rooney was mostly shit and acted the @#%&!, whilst Ronaldo was the best player in the world in the season Real won the league from Messi's Barcelona team. Ronaldo has helped Portugal do okay on the international scene without pulling up any trees, whilst Rooney has been a joke. Regardless of anything that's actually happened since 2009, neither has found a combination as good as the one they had together at United.
I didn't bring Ronaldo into it, I was replying to shenwen.

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I didn't bring Ronaldo into it, I was replying to shenwen.
oh okay, based on what you typed I thought you were spreading your net wider than just that @#%&!

Unread 24-01-2013, 02:51 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:

Dunno why you get slagged so much, you're spot on here.

Unread 24-01-2013, 04:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC_91
Dunno why you get slagged so much, you're spot on here.
MJ is quite right that some of the Rooney hate on here is OTT, tbh.

I wonder if people would say the same things as they do now, but for a certain incident in late 2010??

Unread 24-01-2013, 04:38 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
oh okay, based on what you typed I thought you were spreading your net wider than just that @#%&!

MJ - I was exaggerating a little bit of course regarding rooney's contributions. can't believe you tried to dismiss the ronaldo comparison though. throb may be a silly @#%&! at times but he is spot on about ronaldo.
Closed Thread