United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:46 PM
rebelcountyred

Tricky one, Rooney on his day is world class but those days are becoming rarer and rarer. might be that he needs a new challenge but he has become complacent hence getting into such a state in preseason, don't see the same desire in him any more. Fifty million would sort out the midfield too, hmmm, tough one.

Unread 23-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Luffy

Question is can we do better than Rooney? I think so, there are more dynamic players out there. Players who can dribble and beat a man. Rooney seems to be in decline, for the past 5 years he seems to get worse.

He has some competition now so hopefully he steps his game up and works hard to get back to his peak, but he is prone to getting complacent and comfortable. His attitude to his physique extends to his football, lets himself go. RVP highlights how far Rooney has fallen, he used to be able to do it all. Two feet, great touch, balance and strength, deadly shots, beating players...all of that is gone.

Chances are over the next 3 years he will just keep up this decline. £50m could get us one or two top youngsters and with rooney out of the picture maybe we can get the best out of kagawa/Hernandez or even welbeck as rvp partner.

Lots of pros to letting him go, I don't want the most dominant figure in our dressing room to be one who is prone to chilling out, it led to us losing the title to city last year.

But ideally he'll push on and play like he can. Just wouldn't bet on it.

I'd take Gotze and Wilshere...

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

I need to be very careful here in case I upset any of the mongs or get attacked by gif, but let me put it like this:

If I could spend the money on a car and a nice holiday then yes I would happily flog the stupid wiggy scouse #@&%! no matter where he went. Would Mancini play him right up front at City anyway? I doubt it tbh, so it wouldn't really matter. On current form I'd swap him for half a nice car and Paul Pogba tbh.

As we've seen with RvP, our strikeforce from last season can be improved upon overnight by signing genuine world class players. But who would come in?

Since the car and holiday option is out though, and since Rooney wouldn't fetch £50m anyway would he?... well then no no and thrice no - Rooney is a marvellous player on blob, is settled at the club ,and might even be able to get his head around playing less as long as he's close to home.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:28 PM
believe

debt? stupid @#%&!.

yes I'd get rid of one of the best players in the world* who loves playing for this club* and replace him with three phil jones.

*open to debate.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Tricky one, Rooney on his day is world class but those days are becoming rarer and rarer. might be that he needs a new challenge but he has become complacent hence getting into such a state in preseason, don't see the same desire in him any more. Fifty million would sort out the midfield too, hmmm, tough one.
Agree with this. He's not the player he was, let alone better than when he first signed.

It wouldn't be spent on players anyway, just like the Ronaldo money wasn't.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:44 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Agree with this. He's not the player he was, let alone better than when he first signed.

It wouldn't be spent on players anyway, just like the Ronaldo money wasn't.
Id swap you for a rusty nail through the foot

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Id swap you for a rusty nail through the foot
Hilarious.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:45 PM
silv

Quote:
Hilarious.
You are a complete #@&%! though really aren't you.

Nobody likes you.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
You are a complete #@&%! though really aren't you.

Nobody likes you.
You're mistaking me for someone who gives a £#%&! what you think pal.

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:50 PM
The Watcher

Quote:

Unread 23-01-2013, 03:55 PM
MJ Ramone

of course I bloody wouldn't.
Fantastic player.

Unread 23-01-2013, 04:11 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Quote:
He's right tbf.

Unread 23-01-2013, 04:28 PM
bobbledinho

Wouldn't sell him to City but I'd swap him for Fabregas

Unread 23-01-2013, 04:29 PM
TheArbitor

Seems like a great deal especially if we had a replacement lined up

Unread 23-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
it led to us losing the title to city last year.

Unread 23-01-2013, 07:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Wouldn't sell him to City but I'd swap him for Fabregas
Would probably swap him for Wilshere, tbh

Unread 24-01-2013, 05:41 AM
rafabio

yes. would sell the @#%&! to anyone for above 30m.

Henriquez also looks to be a pretty good player. so we don't need another striker.

Unread 24-01-2013, 06:43 AM
shenwen

yes but not city

50m for rooney btw

two van persies

Unread 24-01-2013, 07:11 AM
Stickman

No chance.

He's a winner and would only give them extra edge in title run ins.

Unread 24-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Pop

I'd take £25m for him.
Closed Thread