United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Ethers

I'd like to see The Secret Footballer get the job, he could dress up like The Stig.

Unread 22-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
straight question:

who would you prefer to present MoTD2; Murray or Chapman? Pick one...
Neither, both a pair of @#%&!s regardless of what team they support or where they are from.

TBH if it came down to either it would make no difference to me, I woud do what I do now and that is watch the match highlights and fast forward the inane chat %@#$&!s.

Unread 22-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
That you're being a hypocrite again, you hysterical little tart
great point

if your life runs on rails

just remind me which detail of anything they said I was whining about...

Unread 22-01-2013, 12:58 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Neither, both a pair of @#%&!s regardless of what team they support or where they are from.

TBH if it came down to either it would make no difference to me, I woud do what I do now and that is watch the match highlights and fast forward the inane chat %@#$&!s.
i'm glad you've said that. because that's what anyone with any sense does when watching any form of MOTD.

so who gives a £#%&! who presents it anyway!

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:03 PM
My Name is Keith

Fantasitic news. Tbf to Murray, I thought he did a reasonable job of hiding his rabid Liverpool bias but it still shone through from time to time.

His accent though. £#%&!ing hell. Apologies to fellow northern irish reds on here but it made me feel physically sick.

Hoiy Noiy Brown Coiy.

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Fantasitic news. Tbf to Murray, I thought he did a reasonable job of hiding his rabid Liverpool bias but it still shone through from time to time.

His accent though. £#%&!ing hell. Apologies to fellow northern irish reds on here but it made me feel physically sick.

Hoiy Noiy Brown Coiy.
A truly awful accent, could be in my top 2....so aggressive and arrogant, very confrontational....

I've known loads of northeren Irish, always a trust issue with them, very strange bunch...

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:11 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
She isn't even on radio 1

Boring @#%&!.

Chappers not you.
She was, just like Murray and Chapman were...

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:19 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
A truly awful accent, could be in my top 2....so aggressive and arrogant, very confrontational....

I've known loads of northeren Irish, always a trust issue with them, very strange bunch...
Easily in my top two. The bog-eyed one on Look North West doesn't help.

"U joyne meh in darn tarn Rochdale interviewing mein suspACTAD of groomin yang garls".

Went a bit welsh at the end but you get my drift.

The tragedies he reports on pale into insignificance against his accent.

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Easily in my top two. The bog-eyed one on Look North West doesn't help.

"U joyne meh in darn tarn Rochdale interviewing mein suspACTAD of groomin yang garls".

Went a bit welsh at the end but you get my drift.

The tragedies he reports on pale into insignificance against his accent.
Was a bit welsh (which isn't a bad accent tbh, very jovial)

What ever the subject an northern Irish accent always makes me think of hardship, pain and an undercurrent of aggression....

Even Colin Murray with is pipe cleaner arms and excited squeaky voice make me think he'd like a fight...

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i'm glad you've said that. because that's what anyone with any sense does when watching any form of MOTD.

so who gives a £#%&! who presents it anyway!
Because as Nev has proved, a little insight can go a long way to enjoying the game. Not calling for the deep tactical extrapolation / massive ipad stuff of a Monday night, but a decent opinion, or 30 seconds to recognise something that you might miss via the television angle etc is a necessity. Why would you pay those @#%&!s to just tell you what you have seen? A bit of analysis & culpability of players, praise for lesser lights who help a team tick over etc is part & parcel of enjoying the game.

We can all name a pundit we'd happily listen to, but infinitely more who we know are absolute £#%&!ing charlatans.

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:26 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Was a bit welsh (which isn't a bad accent tbh, very jovial)

What ever the subject an northern Irish accent always makes me think of hardship, pain and an undercurrent of aggression....

Even Colin Murray with is pipe cleaner arms and excited squeaky voice make me think he'd like a fight...
You've actually made me realise why I hate it the way I do. Ian £#%&!ing Paisley and his ilk - his wild eyed bible thumping hysterical delivery. I always associate the accent with truly depressing news stories and really really depressing people.

pipe cleaner arms

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Because as Nev has proved, a little insight can go a long way to enjoying the game.
Bang on.

Never listen to the witterings of Shearer and the gay scouse on motd.

Nev can be a @#%&! at times, but I'd rather listen to him than most any of the others out there.

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:34 PM
red @rmy

Thumbs up

I would be a very happy man if Micky Quinn got stamped in the head by one of his mistreated horses.

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Jack Duckworth

arsed. not watched motd for ages.

goals on sunday reds

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Nev can be a @#%&! at times, but I'd rather listen to him than most any of the others out there.
He's not the oracle or anything, he just makes good points, valid & concise. A lot of the praise going his way is in direct correlation to the utter dross he is up against (I'm looking at you Jamie Redknapp).

I get the impression Robbie Savage is giving it a bash, but he's an absolute buffoon so it actually comes across as try-hard £#%&!wittery. Not least due to the fact he was a shit footballer. There's a certain (not exclusive) amount of gravitas in an opinion if it comes from someone who has actually performed / managed at the very highest level. Not to say it diminishes the opinion if it's formed well enough, but if Savage tells me something isn't good enough I automatically think of What-a-mess chasing a sponge ball in the back garden before eating a cat-shit.

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:39 PM
believe

It's funny that we hate most presenters because they are so biased, yet we now hate Nev because he's not being biased

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He's not the oracle or anything, he just makes good points, valid & concise. A lot of the praise going his way is in direct correlation to the utter dross he is up against (I'm looking at you Jamie Redknapp).
He is definitely more clued up. Like I say, he makes me angry at times, but I think he's perhaps the most honest pundit.

Keano is honest, it's just that he's bitter and angry and hates everyone... otherwise he'd be ok.

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Mr Castro

Neville pointed out last night that Carrick's positional sense was so good on Sunday, where he was essentially covering two spots and two angles of attack for Spurs that, because Carrick held the position he did, they couldn't use.

That took a minute, it wasn't groundbreaking or anything, but it pointed out something important in the game that every other pundit had missed, especially the lazy @#%&!s on MOTD who thought it more pertinent to point out our penalty.

I don't watch MOTD for it's analysis anymore, I just watch the games, and I only watch MOTD2 when we've won in a game, or if there were games on a Sunday which weren't on Sky.

A lot of analysis Gary Neville does can be done by other pundits, but because they're either too lazy or are just plain shit, it doesn't happen. Which is why there's so much praise for Neville. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fantastic pundit, but some of the reason why he's so great is a reflection on how bad the vast majority of pundits are.

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:54 PM
andyroo

Unread 22-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Tombolatastic

Murray is a #@&%!.

Sorry.

Closed Thread