United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i don't think so but even if it's the case isn't athleticism an important characteristic?

i think jones' ability is woefully underestimated on here because he's been carrying an injury most of his time he's been with us. when he was fully fit, at the start of last season, people were raving about him and him and smalling have been superb for the u-21s when they played together.

once jones gets fit - and hopefully we won't £#%&! him up by rushing him back - i think he'll quickly become a fixture in the side.
It's obviously an important characteristic to have but you were comparing him to players around his age who still physically look like kids. What I'm saying is that when their physicality catches up with his (not saying 100% matches his) will he still have that superiority, if any?

Unread 02-10-2012, 07:39 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
It's obviously an important characteristic to have but you were comparing him to players around his age who still physically look like kids. What I'm saying is that when their physicality catches up with his (not saying 100% matches his) will he still have that superiority, if any?
i think he will, i think he's a much better footballer than he's given credit for and he excels in terms of pace, recovery, timing of the tackle. need to get him fit though, and there's £#%&! all chance of that

Unread 02-10-2012, 10:30 AM
The Return of JC

The old guard gets slated, the kids get slated and the twenty somethings would've made it by now.

Unread 03-10-2012, 09:45 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Whenever I've seen him he's looked a really good talent.

Would be a interesting signing for £4m/£5m.

Unread 03-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
welcome to my EXCLUSIVE! last week, pal.

Unread 03-10-2012, 11:06 AM
DuanePipe

He'll certainly leave for big money (£8m +) regardless of where Blackpool are next season. And he's definitely a very talented player. But he's not the sort of player Manchester United should be in the market for - even though it would put Liverpool fans in one hell of an awkward position as they would have to come up with a whole load of convoluted reasons why KK was right to sack him off for nowt.

If you look at the long list of promising players who have stepped up too many levels in one go, it just about wrecks their careers. SWP moved from City to Chelsea too soon and has never recovered (his Dad was his agent too). I still remember when Robbie Keane was tearing shit up in division one and Ferguson was asked at a press conference if Utd would be interested. He said no "because he'd have to play in our reserves''. To which loads of Wolves fans took great offence - but it was the stone cold truth. As promising as Keane was as a teenager, it was the right move for him at the time to go to Coventry for £6m, from which he got a move to Inter Milan and has been able to earn move after to move to all of his boyhood clubs ever since. It wasn't a dig at the player, it was just a fact. Incidentally, Aston Villa were the favourites to sign Keane but John Gregory tried to play is own 'special' version of hardball. Wouldn't budge on their £5.9m offer and whilst he (Gregory) was actually sat at the back of the Molineux stands IN DISGUISE (true fact, look it up) Coventry did the deal and Keane did very well for them.

Similarly, Lescott needed that spell at Everton to improve and get a move to CL level team rather than jumping too far too soon. Lescott IS a very good footballer and is established at City now, but he could easily have ended up missing 2 or 3 seasons of first team football if he'd gone to the wrong club at the wrong time.

Any way, back on point. If Utd are going to shop in the lower reaches, then it is deals like the one they did for Powell that make more sense than paying a premium price for a player who will, in all likelihood, go straight in to the reserves for an indefinite period of time. Ince would be a perfect signing for Arsenal or, stupidly, Liverpool.

If you put Phil Jones in to a team like Blackpool, Leicester or Brighton in the Championship, he'd eat the division alive and people would be talking about insane fees.

Any way, the lad at Palace, Wilfried Zaha is equal to Ince from what I've seen. Fantastic talent. But, again, he should step up to a mid level Premier League team for a few seasons.

Unread 03-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Says Holloway. Obviously a man who knows what he's talking about.

Quote:
It’s great that clubs like Manchester United are looking at our players. I thought Charlie Adam was good enough for them too when they were looking at him.

If Paul Scholes was retiring and they needed a passer, I told Sir Alex they should be taking Charlie.

Unread 03-10-2012, 12:04 PM
saffers

We were actually looking at Charlie Adam?

Unread 03-10-2012, 12:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We were actually looking at Charlie Adam?
and pointing, and laughing...

Unread 09-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Blackpool winger Tom Ince, Sky Sports understands.

United have been keeping tabs on the progress of Ince, who is the son of former Red Devils midfielder Paul Ince.

Ince's future at Blackpool has been the subject of speculation for some time with the 20-year-old out of contract at the end of the season.

The England Under 21 international has impressed at Bloomfield Road since arriving from Liverpool in the summer of 2011 and was the subject of a bid from Swansea in the summer transfer window.

Ince has scored six goals in eight Championship games this term and his form has caught the attention of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ferguson ran the rule over Ince during Saturday's clash against Charlton at Bloomfield Road as he weighs up a move in January for the fleet-footed attacker.

However, Ferguson would have been disappointed to see Ince start the game on the bench before coming on in the second half for Ian Holloway's men.

Holloway is keen to keep hold of Ince, but knows they would find it hard to reject a sizeable offer for the skilful winger in the January transfer window.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ool-s-Tom-Ince

Unread 09-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Neo

Can definitely see a January bid happening. Might be the turning point in winning the League/Champion's League/Club World Cup.

The only danger is being outbid by Real Madrid and Barca.

Unread 09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
he's arriving in January....maybe we can offer Bebe as part ex

Unread 09-10-2012, 09:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Be worth it just to have Ince and Keane back in the squad

Now we just need to move for Aaron Hughes and Billy Sharp.
And Ryan Giggs... eh, wait a sec.

Unread 10-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Part 36 Offer

looks talented. as neo says, will be tough to outbid barca, madrid etc etc etc

Unread 10-10-2012, 09:44 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Caused us a few problems last year in the league cup too.
indeed he did

someone has been sniffing after him, Wigan I think, but there is no love lost after they signed Ed Moses on the cheap. Palace have said they'd obviously sell at the right price to the right club (not Wigan to sell him on at a hefty profit after two years)

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:55 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Liverpool buying him back for £4m.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:03 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Liverpool buying him back for £4m.
I know the echo are reporting it, and vermin have their own sell on fee to take into consideration but that sounds %@#$&!s to me

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Time For Heroes

I read £6m today, reckon it will be more.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
I read £6m today, reckon it will be more.
I hope it breaks double figures
Closed Thread