United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Possibly. You never know what goes on though. There'd probably be add ons, maybe send a player on loan in return. £6m up front sounds about right. Jarvis had an England cap which always adds a bit on.
there's absolutely no way blackpool will sell tom ince for £6m. they turned down £5.5 million from southampton last month for matty phillips and he's not a guaranteed starter.

Unread 30-09-2012, 04:37 PM
dunk

While I imagine this to be %@#$&!s, it'd be £#%&!ing amusing if he turned into a star for United after KKK gave him away in order to sign Charlie Adam

Unread 30-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
While I imagine this to be %@#$&!s, it'd be £#%&!ing amusing if he turned into a star for United after KKK gave him away in order to sign Charlie Adam
agreed

Unread 30-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Withers

Don't want the @#%&!.

Unread 30-09-2012, 05:58 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Don't want the @#%&!.
but his surname is worth 10 million alone.

Unread 30-09-2012, 06:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
agreed
Even now, the Scousers can still cheer us up

Unread 30-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
but his surname is worth 10 million alone.
It's because of his surname I don't want him.

Unread 30-09-2012, 08:02 PM
utd99

The Guvling.

Unread 30-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Tronics

would be hilarious if we went out and signed a player of Tom Ince's pedigree

there's players in our reserves who if given games could be on the same level as Tom Ince, but as per the Phil Jones signing and to some degree Ashley Young, we'd sooner much rather sign an ok player than try and cultivate our own by taking a risk and playing them.

brilliant coaching on our behalf that

Unread 30-09-2012, 08:48 PM
borsuk

don't think it's an either/or tbh

and phil jones is an outstanding talent ffs. name another central defender with that kind of ability at age 19.

Unread 30-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Rhodzy

Love how the opinion of Phil Jones changed. From an amazing young player to shit over a season. Young player in inconsistency shocker. He's a tremendous talent ffs.

Unread 30-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

and phil jones is an outstanding talent ffs. name another central defender with that kind of ability at age 19.
never said Phil Jones wasnt a good player

i merely alluded to the fact that given the same amount of games in the first team as Phil Jones has had @ Blackburn a few of our kids would be close to his level if not on par

Phil Jones is a good player but i dont think he's light years ahead of what we have.

apart from the odd one or two we dont seem to give our kids an actual run in the team to see how they develop.

they get to 19/20 with a handful of appearances for the 1st team then get fobbed off to someone else. only for us to go and sign a replacement for £15M + that we could have cultivated on the cheap, especially considering our current financial situation...but hey what do i know

Unread 01-10-2012, 12:47 AM
utd99

Quote:

I think the last time he played centre back he was 16.

Unread 01-10-2012, 01:16 AM
taff

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The Guvling.
guvnito

Unread 01-10-2012, 03:45 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Love how the opinion of Phil Jones changed. From an amazing young player to shit over a season. Young player in inconsistency shocker. He's a tremendous talent ffs.
I am not sure what inconsistency you are talking about. If has been pretty much Shit for most of the time here

Unread 01-10-2012, 07:43 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
never said Phil Jones wasnt a good player

i merely alluded to the fact that given the same amount of games in the first team as Phil Jones has had @ Blackburn a few of our kids would be close to his level if not on par

Phil Jones is a good player but i dont think he's light years ahead of what we have.

apart from the odd one or two we dont seem to give our kids an actual run in the team to see how they develop.

they get to 19/20 with a handful of appearances for the 1st team then get fobbed off to someone else. only for us to go and sign a replacement for £15M + that we could have cultivated on the cheap, especially considering our current financial situation...but hey what do i know
fair enough. i think calling him 'an ok player' was extraordinarily harsh considering he's a united and england regular at 19 who has performed well in a number of positions. michael keane and tom thorpe are a year younger, wootton is a year older and jones is miles ahead of any of them. don't see who we've got coming through who's even close tbh. blackett? two years younger and could push on, can't think of anybody else.

agree on the likes of pogba, petrucci etc. i'd like to see fergie show more faith in the youngsters tbh but i think jones is an outstanding talent, will be a fixture for years to come and may well end up a future captain. i think even at the price we paid he was an absolute steal.

Unread 01-10-2012, 09:04 AM
rafabio

Quote:
fair enough. i think calling him 'an ok player' was extraordinarily harsh considering he's a united and england regular at 19 who has performed well in a number of positions. michael keane and tom thorpe are a year younger, wootton is a year older and jones is miles ahead of any of them. don't see who we've got coming through who's even close tbh. blackett? two years younger and could push on, can't think of anybody else.

agree on the likes of pogba, petrucci etc. i'd like to see fergie show more faith in the youngsters tbh but i think jones is an outstanding talent, will be a fixture for years to come and may well end up a future captain. i think even at the price we paid he was an absolute steal.

Unread 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
how is £6m six times £2m?
His dad cost £1m you helmet.

Unread 02-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Argentina

Quote:

Is that because of his athleticism though? If Mike Keane had that same physique, would he have featured so prominently for Blackburn, and then United/England? I reckon so.

Unread 02-10-2012, 07:23 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Is that because of his athleticism though? If Mike Keane had that same physique, would he have featured so prominently for Blackburn, and then United/England? I reckon so.
i don't think so but even if it's the case isn't athleticism an important characteristic?

i think jones' ability is woefully underestimated on here because he's been carrying an injury most of his time he's been with us. when he was fully fit, at the start of last season, people were raving about him and him and smalling have been superb for the u-21s when they played together.

once jones gets fit - and hopefully we won't £#%&! him up by rushing him back - i think he'll quickly become a fixture in the side.
Closed Thread