United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 19-07-2010, 06:54 PM
wonky no

Default whistle protest

don't know if i've just thought of this or not. well i have but i don't know if its my idea or if i read it somewhere?

anyway, my thinking is this:

the vu vu sailors ruined the world cup
no-ne will boycott the games
so i think the constant blowing of whistles will at least have some effect
the colour of the g@g and the noise of a whistle.

i dunno

wear the g&g and blow the £#%&!ing pea.

Unread 19-07-2010, 06:55 PM
no fun

whistles were given out at the stoke game in may

keep up

Unread 19-07-2010, 07:03 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
whistles were given out at the stoke game in may

keep up
ok.

i think i may have dementia

its similar to my indicator gloves for cyclists idea. was already done.

Unread 19-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Switching Off

How about all just taking little inflatable footballs. Easy to get in even if searched. At kick off, everyone blows them up and throws them on the pitch. Do it every televised game. Only need 1,000 or so for the match to be stopped for a few minutes while they're cleaned up. Maybe even do it again 2nd half.

Unread 19-07-2010, 09:20 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 19-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
How about all just taking little inflatable footballs. Easy to get in even if searched. At kick off, everyone blows them up and throws them on the pitch. Do it every televised game. Only need 1,000 or so for the match to be stopped for a few minutes while they're cleaned up. Maybe even do it again 2nd half.
lttle inflatable red knights would be better

Unread 20-07-2010, 08:20 AM
believe

Thumbs up

glazers should be gone by xmas

Unread 20-07-2010, 10:02 AM
forzagarza

what about everyone takes in a can of tear gas and sits on it until it becomes a solid.

Unread 20-07-2010, 10:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't handing money to the Glazers in order to protest against them a bit weird? Would you protest against McDonalds by eating a Big Mac meal disapprovingly?

Unread 20-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't handing money to the Glazers in order to protest against them a bit weird? Would you protest against McDonalds by eating a Big Mac meal disapprovingly?
If McDonalds was the only thing left to eat in the world but you hated it I suppose you would eat it disapprovingly?

Unread 20-07-2010, 11:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
If McDonalds was the only thing left to eat in the world but you hated it I suppose you would eat it disapprovingly?
Not sure of your point?

Unread 20-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not sure of your point?
That if you don't like McDonalds then you can eat something else, the same doesn't really apply with football, although technically it did for me.

The protests won't make a blind bit of difference, although I can see why people feel the need to do it.

Unread 20-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Sloane

that was an old firm members idea back in jan before he changed his mind and started attacking g&g'ers

Unread 20-07-2010, 12:53 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
that was an old firm members idea back in jan before he changed his mind and started attacking g&g'ers
tufty?

Unread 20-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
tufty?
wasnt he supporting somebody else back then?

Unread 20-07-2010, 03:31 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Interesting comment from one of the Journalists that the Vuvuzela's were starting to be banned from various clubs as they are worried the noise will drive away Sky/ESPN as there have been multiple issues with the sound at the World Cup.

67,000 Green and Gold Vuvuzela'a A-HOY!

Unread 20-07-2010, 04:33 PM
wonky no

the thing with whistles is they would disrupt the game as it would be hard to distinguish from the ref. they are easy to get in and can't be deemed as a weapon, where as you just know united will claim vuvu's could be.

antonin, i know what you mean but having said that, raising awareness is key to getting shut of the bastards. the G&G has taken off big time because the more militant supporters who go to games were wearing it first. it has snow balled and more and more fans got involved towards the end of the season.

plus the fact it's amazing how so few people actually understand just how much debt we are in and how exactly the debt is managed/mismanaged. just a word from a sky/bbc commentator makes such a huge difference and those watching at home might start to become more pro active in getting shut of them.

the more people who begin to understand that the price of their ticket isn't expensive because it's 'manchester united' but because of some unscrupulous foreign bastards debt, the more they will thgink twice about buying one.

Unread 20-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
just a word from a sky/bbc commentator makes such a huge difference
yeah i remember lineker and lynam mocking the anti Murdoch campaign on sportsnight

Unread 20-07-2010, 05:34 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yeah i remember lineker and lynam mocking the anti Murdoch campaign on sportsnight
see? sticks in your head doesn't it?

Unread 20-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
see? sticks in your head doesn't it?
yeah, but only as being completely irrelevant