plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
There is no greater woe than in misery to remember the happy time

Cheers plops.
sometimes you have to go back to go forwards

Unread 21-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

there is no greater sign of decline than wallowing in nostalgia - what %@#$&!s that is

so what if you do it for the entire 24 years of trophy-winning domination as well - because the history of the club is magical and that's why we love it

sick of seeing people belittling our history like this tbh

Unread 21-01-2014, 09:30 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
there is no greater sign of decline than wallowing in nostalgia - what %@#$&!s that is

so what if you do it for the entire 24 years of trophy-winning domination as well - because the history of the club is magical and that's why we love it

sick of seeing people belittling our history like this tbh

have jimmy bullard getting megged as a present

Unread 21-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Just to lighten the mood a little I thought it would be nice to hear some good stories about united goals in the past and in a strange way what the goal attached itself to a memory.

So here is my first shot.

Juan Sebastian Veron Manchester.United Vs Olympiakos 01.10.02 -Champions League 2002- - YouTube

Juan......

I loved him and this goal was pure class a lovely 1-2 with becks and then a chip that is perfectly executed.

But the actual memory is more about going to united with my dad. As I grew up he never really took me to united, I went with mates then got my own season ticket as soon as I could afford one.

This game I went with my dad and we actually went to quite a few that season. Top red is kev.

I guess that's what its all about
Similar reason Scholesy's screamer in the Barca semi is even more special to me.

Unread 21-01-2014, 10:33 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
sunny day in the stretty, ruud is still one of the best strikers we have seen.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy wonder goal vs Fulham 22-03-03 - YouTube
Was there that day with a guy I used to work with. Not seen him for years. £#%&!ing great goal that one

Unread 22-01-2014, 01:13 AM
The taste of...

£#%&!ing headers from Frank are harder than I could kick it in that OP.

I was near him on the Stretty when he scored the winner against Barca in 84 but THIS was the loudest I've ever heard Old Trafford for a goal. 2 mins into injury time after Everton battered us all game.

Unread 22-01-2014, 01:43 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
£#%&!ing headers from Frank are harder than I could kick it in that OP.

I was near him on the Stretty when he scored the winner against Barca in 84 but THIS was the loudest I've ever heard Old Trafford for a goal. 2 mins into injury time after Everton battered us all game.

http://youtu.be/S2SUMfJFscM
Everton didn't batter us in that match

I have the full highlights of that match and we had most of the play and chances but it looked like it was heading for a replay which Everton were playing for when Frank stepped up to the plate

One of my favourite memories of Utd is this goal by Scholes to equalise against Blackburn which sparked us into life and we eventually won easily
Huge game in that 2007 title win and one of the few times that you really felt that the crowd played a huge part in inspiring the team to come from behind to win after a poor first half performance
"Mourinho are you listening..." :shakehead:

Unread 22-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Sparky***

The loudest i can remember Old Trafford is when Rooney stuck the 2nd in against Arsenal to break their unbeaten record. £#%&!ing deafening.

Unread 22-01-2014, 02:00 AM
den

first cup semi final in years, i was only 9, went with my uncle and his mates was down the front in the utd end, from what i remember there was utd EVERYWHERE...

Unread 22-01-2014, 02:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Just to lighten the mood a little I thought it would be nice to hear some good stories about united goals in the past and in a strange way what the goal attached itself to a memory.

So here is my first shot.

Juan Sebastian Veron Manchester.United Vs Olympiakos 01.10.02 -Champions League 2002- - YouTube

Juan......

I loved him and this goal was pure class a lovely 1-2 with becks and then a chip that is perfectly executed.

But the actual memory is more about going to united with my dad. As I grew up he never really took me to united, I went with mates then got my own season ticket as soon as I could afford one.

This game I went with my dad and we actually went to quite a few that season. Top red is kev.

I guess that's what its all about
We were outstanding first half of that game. 4 up weren't we?

Unread 22-01-2014, 02:42 AM
Stickman

FA Cup 3rd or 4th round 1995

Wrexham scoring after about 2 minutes into the Stretty and their end absolutely exploding.

won 5-2

Think Hughes x2 , Giggs x 2 Irwin

Unread 22-01-2014, 03:22 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Everton didn't batter us in that match

I have the full highlights of that match and we had most of the play and chances but it looked like it was heading for a replay which Everton were playing for when Frank stepped up to the plate
Well if you have the full match I wont argue.....they had their great 80's team then and the whole of the scoreboard iirc. Felt like they had a lot of the game as well and we were hanging on a bit blunt at the end as Frank was crocked. That why he literally walked up to that goal. Macari's header was his first touch. Seemed like he was chucked on for the last couple by BFR to try and nick it.

Unread 22-01-2014, 04:07 AM
Weekend Hussler

Default We Won The League On Merseyside

Probably my favourite visit to Anfield.

Went with my Old Man and one of my best mates.

The win virtually sealed the title that year.

Best of all though was that we had backed Pallister to score first and United to win 3-1 at 375/1.

Was a nice little collect. Think me and my mate were the only ones in the United end that actually cheered Cole's miss at the end.

Great Days

PS Kev is a top red!

Unread 22-01-2014, 04:07 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Similar reason Scholesy's screamer in the Barca semi is even more special to me.
I lost about 5 minutes of my life gooning

Unread 22-01-2014, 04:09 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlwCUVJAR8A

Probably my favourite visit to Anfield.

Went with my Old Man and one of my best mates.

The win virtually sealed the title that year.

Best of all though was that we had backed Pallister to score first and United to win 3-1 at 375/1.

Was a nice little collect. Think me and my mate were the only ones in the United end that actually cheered Cole's miss at the end.

Great Days

PS Kev is a top red!
Newcastle away in Cardiff. I don't remember any of the game I know we won and played millwall in the final.

we went for a beer and a curry that night.

laughed all day

Unread 22-01-2014, 04:14 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Newcastle away in Cardiff. I don't remember any of the game I know we won and played millwall in the final.

we went for a beer and a curry that night.

laughed all day
Busted?

Who the £#%&! are Busted?

Unread 22-01-2014, 04:23 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Busted?

Who the £#%&! are Busted?
you could not make that shit up.

brilliant.

Unread 22-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The loudest i can remember Old Trafford is when Rooney stuck the 2nd in against Arsenal to break their unbeaten record. £#%&!ing deafening.

Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal (Ruud Van Nistelrooy's humiliation avenged) - YouTube
That foul by Cole on Ronaldo at 2:30

Unread 22-01-2014, 09:47 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal (Ruud Van Nistelrooy's humiliation avenged) - YouTube
Hargreaves Free Kick to make it 2-1 against Arsenal at OT in 2008 was phenomenal
Closed Thread