United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2014, 01:46 PM
plopborsky

Default A goal, a memory and some good united times

Just to lighten the mood a little I thought it would be nice to hear some good stories about united goals in the past and in a strange way what the goal attached itself to a memory.

So here is my first shot.

Juan......

I loved him and this goal was pure class a lovely 1-2 with becks and then a chip that is perfectly executed.

But the actual memory is more about going to united with my dad. As I grew up he never really took me to united, I went with mates then got my own season ticket as soon as I could afford one.

This game I went with my dad and we actually went to quite a few that season. Top red is kev.

I guess that's what its all about

Unread 21-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Zorg

7:30 on here.

We were in a direct line behind this magnificent strike.

It was the first time I saw my dad completely, properly lose it at a goal

Unread 21-01-2014, 02:02 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Manchester United's Best Goals of the 80s Part 2 - YouTube

£#%&! me that's some strike

Unread 21-01-2014, 02:11 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

great vid

lots of great memories there.

state of the pitch in some of those goals

Unread 21-01-2014, 02:13 PM
eusker

4 minutes in, Hughes.

A lad from school came to this for his first ever match. When Hughes scored he ended up about 50 yards in front of us and lost one of his shoes.

Check out Rush's miss on 9 minutes.

Unread 21-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:

All those opening day goals at OT in the 80's always made we think that it could be our year in the league - we never got near though. Back to the old days now and not in a good way.

Unread 21-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Alan Smith vs Middlesborough (can't find a video)

First game after Rooney's debut, which i'd missed

Hoping to continue the excitment of having Ronaldo and Rooney spark some new era of mayhem and giddyness

Shit £#%&!ing tickets at the top of the north stand

First half team play like they've been on the mogodon and go in at half time 1 - 0 down, Ronaldo has been over playing it every time he had the ball, running down daft corners, not passing enough or getting his head up.

Second half someone has put a fire up Giggsys arse and he actually running with the ball in midfield. Still not making real chances though.

Bit beered up before the game, but that's worn off and the ridiculously fickleness of football fans kick in and melancholy and frustration has taken over.

Ronaldo gets the ball in the corner, I put my head my hands expecting him to overplay it again, he crosses, Smith scores and i've missed the only exciting part of the game.

Missed match of the day, never seen the goal

good times

Unread 21-01-2014, 02:20 PM
forzagarza

Can't really remember anything. It was often cold during the night matches.

Unread 21-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

not really in the spirit of the thread, but one of the goals I remember most vividly is lee chapman scoring into an empty net for leeds at the strettie. i was sat in united road and can still see schmeichel starting to come for it

Unread 21-01-2014, 03:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not really in the spirit of the thread, but one of the goals I remember most vividly is lee chapman scoring into an empty net for leeds at the strettie. i was sat in united road and can still see schmeichel starting to come for it
Stuart Pearce @#%&!ting a free kick in for Forest to beat us 1-0, '91?, I think I was in the the United Paddock, knew he was going to score the minute he lined it up and the Stretty was giving it him about pissing in a bottle and missing a pen at Italia '90 :shakehead:

Also, was right behind Collymore's curler for Forest in '94/95, £#%&!ing great goal that tbf.

Unread 21-01-2014, 03:22 PM
BarryX

My memory is at first being slightly shocked, then laughing because it was Scholes and I love him. Certainly lightens the mood thinking back at all the good times we had, a feeling I have been getting for a while now

Unread 21-01-2014, 04:00 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Paul Scholes Hand of God - YouTube

My memory is at first being slightly shocked, then laughing because it was Scholes and I love him. Certainly lightens the mood thinking back at all the good times we had, a feeling I have been getting for a while now
don't worry bazza, it was only 6 months ago we were basking in the glory of our 20th title.

We have had some great times, more than most that's for sure.

Unread 21-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Stuart Pearce @#%&!ting a free kick in for Forest to beat us 1-0, '91?, I think I was in the the United Paddock, knew he was going to score the minute he lined it up and the Stretty was giving it him about pissing in a bottle and missing a pen at Italia '90 :shakehead:

Unread 21-01-2014, 04:41 PM
dunk

Beating Southampton 5-0 at OT, Sheringham hat-trick. Sat in the stretty, me and my mate shared a spliff of white widow and a few cans prior to the match, I hadn't been smoking for about 12 months at the time. The first half was a complete blur, the second half stupendous

Unread 21-01-2014, 04:47 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Paul Scholes Hand of God - YouTube

The indignation of Tyldlsey

Unread 21-01-2014, 04:49 PM
no fun

11 years old, sat in glorious sunshine on the fence at the front of the scoreboard end, and he does this

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor

Unread 21-01-2014, 04:51 PM
dunk

Brian McClair absolutely smashing a tremendous volley in against Spurs (I think) only for it to be disallowed, think I celebrated it for a good few seconds before I realised, I was gutted

Unread 21-01-2014, 04:54 PM
barca99

Alan Smith played for Manchester United.

Unread 21-01-2014, 04:54 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
11 years old, sat in glorious sunshine on the fence at the front of the scoreboard end, and he does this

George Best Goal for Manchester United v Sheffield United 1971 - YouTube

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
sunny day in the stretty, ruud is still one of the best strikers we have seen.

Unread 21-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Red Santos

Thumbs up

Was 11yrs old at the time. Wtho ne of my best schoolmates w with his dad and were sat in the Arsenal family stand. Had to sit on hands throughout : D

This was when Lee Sharpe was Ryan Giggs before Ryan Giggs

Was buzzing the next day at school

My Favourite goal of all-time.
Athleticism, Desire, Bravery, Timing, Technique. Beautiful.
When Queiroz said in 2004/05 Ronaldo would be the Michael Jordan of Football he weren’t wrong
Closed Thread