you've got to be £#%&!ing joking

exactly .....1973 for starters when you invaded the pitch

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:45 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
you've got to be £#%&!ing joking
you were alive when the babes passed away so I get it

but for some of us Fergie is all we have known and moyes is not really instilling much confidence in me.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:49 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

exactly .....1973 for starters when you invaded the pitch
73-75 was shocking, as was the sexton reign

£#%&!ing slapped arses on here need a reality check

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
you were alive when the babes passed away so I get it
not quite my golden child

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Would be if I gave as much of a shit about football as I did a few years ago.
This. I distinctly remember a few years ago deciding to just enjoy what I could, when I could... don't let the bad shit get me down anymore.

Apart from when I get chubbed

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
73-75 was shocking, as was the sexton reign

£#%&!ing slapped arses on here need a reality check

not quite my golden child
agreed re 73-75 but it must have been £#%&!ing magic being part of the Red Army that rampaged their way through the Second Division..every away game looks like it was a reanactment of Zulu

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
agreed re 73-75 but it must have been £#%&!ing magic being part of the Red Army that rampaged their way through the Second Division..every away game looks like it was a reanactment of Zulu
This. I wasn't born then, but all I hear about that time is how brilliant it was.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

FWIW, I can understand a younger generation seeing their arses a bit, it's all relative at the end of the day. If you've only ever tasted success, imagine how bad failure or the threat of sustained failure be... Anyone over the age of, say, 35 who is moaning needs to grow a pair though.

In fact anyone over the age of 30 because if you're seeing your arse big time over a game at that age you probably need to take a good look at your life tbh

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:54 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

FWIW, I can understand a younger generation seeing their arses a bit, it's all relative at the end of the day. If you've only ever tasted success, imagine how bad failure or the threat of sustained failure be... Anyone over the age of, say, 35 who is moaning needs to grow a pair though.

In fact anyone over the age of 30 because if you're seeing your arse big time over a game at that age you probably need to take a good look at your life tbh
not sure how my post was seeing my arse

more of a quesion

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:56 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This. I wasn't born then, but all I hear about that time is how brilliant it was.
think going to the match home and away was brilliant in the 70s, but often the football on the pitch in the early part of the 7os to say 1976 was :shakehead:

my mate's mum used to go home and away in the 70s especially in the Div2 season ... I asked her what was her favourite memory...she said: "Far too many to single out but Notts County away was just amazing"...she wasn;t talking about the game

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
not sure how my post was seeing my arse

more of a quesion

Sorry pal I didn't mean you, I was referring to others.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:57 PM
eusker

I'm 40. In the late 80s the team was regularly booed off the pitch at OT, average attendances had fallen under 40k (when it cost the price of about three pints to get in), we hadn't won the league for over 20 years and the scousers won it all the £#%&!ing time.

I loved it though, rarely missed a match.

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:57 PM
no fun

Quote:
there was some very funny moments, the final away game of the season at notts county was the best riot I have witnessed - absolute mindless vandalism

also recall Villa at home - we had just got on the bus on warwick rd to go home, this villa fan gets on screaming his head off with a £#%&!ing big knife sticking out of his leg

the good old days

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

Unread 22-10-2013, 06:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
there was some very funny moments, the final away game of the season at notts county was the best riot I have witnessed - absolute mindless vandalism

also recall Villa at home - we had just got on the bus on warwick rd to go home, this villa fan gets on screaming his head off with a £#%&!ing big knife sticking out of his leg

the good old days

world class

Unread 22-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Spock

Quote:
was that the 1870s mate

league cup 1978. lost 2-1 at OT.

Whythe £#%&! i remember that particular game i don't know

Unread 22-10-2013, 07:06 PM
ryanMUFC

Being 22, definitely. I've being to 3 CL finals and seen us win plenty of trophies, I'd be very surprised if anything in the future will eclipse the things I've already seen.

Unread 22-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Vedder

It's not so much about winning things with me, I just wanna see us play some good football ffs. I'd quite happily £#%&! most of the team off and play the kids, doubt we'd win much but it be much more satisfying when we did beat teams.

Unread 22-10-2013, 07:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
It's not so much about winning things with me, I just wanna see us play some good football ffs. I'd quite happily £#%&! most of the team off and play the kids, doubt we'd win much but it be much more satisfying when we did beat teams.
Closed Thread