United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-06-2013, 09:29 AM
The Weeknd

De Gea
Rafael Vidic Rio Evra
XXX Carrick XXX XXX (Kagawa if Rooney leaves)
Kagawa (Rooney if he stays)
Van Persie

Unread 20-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
De Gea
Rafael - Vidic - Rio - Evra
Carrick - Anderson
Valencia - Kagawa - Rooney
RvP-

De Gea
Rafael - Evans - Rio - Evra
Valencia - Carrick - Jones - Young
Rooney
RvP-

De Gea
Rafael - Vidic - Smalling- Evra
Carrick
Valencia - Kagawa - Rooney - Nani
RvP-

These and lots of others. The biggest test of his management won't be what formation he picks though, we can all do that as I've just proved, but it's going from formation to formation depending on what the test is.

Even on this thread, people are stating that "he playes 4-5-1 and that's what he'll do" when we all know that doesn't work when you're challenging for four trophies per season.

There isn't a person in the world who knows what our best team is but the true test for Moyes picking the best eleven to win games week in week out. He certainly won't get away with going to Anfield with choices he's made in the past.
Why have you left out the actual formation, which is 4-4-2. Everything else will be a variation on that theme for the reasons I've already given, namely that width is essential and that Moyes defensive tactics are very very samey to Fergie's.

I'm not sure what the talk on the thread about Norwich is stemming from for last season either. United went to Norwich the year before with people slaughtering the formation/line-up and they won, with the veterans getting the goals. This season Fergie flooded the attack with pace and played a pretty strong back 4 plus Carrick, although with the 2 weak links of Smalling and Lindegaard included. It will be interesting to see what Moyes makes of those two.

As far as going to Anfield is concerned, people majorly underestimate the challenge for a United team going there. Back in the 80s we went 7 or 8 years without losing but we were clear underdogs every time. For the last decade Liverpool are at least as fired up against us as we used to be against them. we're still up for it, but they are desperate. People bang on about us nicking points in those games as if it's a bad thing United have won 5 of the last 7 league games against them ffs.

Unread 20-06-2013, 10:08 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Why have you left out the actual formation, which is 4-4-2. Everything else will be a variation on that theme for the reasons I've already given, namely that width is essential and that Moyes defensive tactics are very very samey to Fergie's.

I'm not sure what the talk on the thread about Norwich is stemming from for last season either. United went to Norwich the year before with people slaughtering the formation/line-up and they won, with the veterans getting the goals. This season Fergie flooded the attack with pace and played a pretty strong back 4 plus Carrick, although with the 2 weak links of Smalling and Lindegaard included. It will be interesting to see what Moyes makes of those two.

As far as going to Anfield is concerned, people majorly underestimate the challenge for a United team going there. Back in the 80s we went 7 or 8 years without losing but we were clear underdogs every time. For the last decade Liverpool are at least as fired up against us as we used to be against them. we're still up for it, but they are desperate. People bang on about us nicking points in those games as if it's a bad thing United have won 5 of the last 7 league games against them ffs.
eight contradictions I've counted in this post, a new record.

Unread 20-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
eight contradictions I've counted in this post, a new record.
well done, i'm proud of you ...

once you've sussed out the alphabet as well let me know

Unread 20-06-2013, 03:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
eight contradictions I've counted in this post, a new record
He has a point about playing at Anfailed, though. We will only ever blow them away there once a decade or so, if we're lucky

Unread 20-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He has a point about playing at Anfailed, though. We will only ever blow them away there once a decade or so, if we're lucky
if you think that was the only thing i had a point about in that post you're as mental as that £#%&!ing sand donkey

Unread 20-06-2013, 04:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
if you think that was the only thing i had a point about in that post you're as mental as that £#%&!ing sand donkey
Did I say that, pol?

Unread 20-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Did I say that, pol?
you implied it by use of the word 'though'

Unread 20-06-2013, 07:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
you implied it by use of the word 'though'