United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2016, 01:02 PM
jem

I think most people would agree rooney has been superb, can't really justify his place in the team currently and throb is an idiot. the stats back up all of those.

Unread 21-08-2016, 01:12 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You seem to be getting pretty wound up by those 'few lads on the internet' whose opinion means so little

Taking Throb as some kind of bellwether of opinion
not wound up, just joining in the debate with a cup of coffee on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I just don't get the hate. It puzzles me.

Unread 21-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

delighted to have upset the rooney mongs with a few well aimed truth bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You seem to be getting pretty wound up by those 'few lads on the internet' whose opinion means so little

Taking Throb as some kind of bellwether of opinion
jem has a new rival for odd little man of the year by the looks of it

Unread 21-08-2016, 01:22 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
People used to say bobby charlton played a season too long. He retired before he could besmirch his legacy. Rooney would be thought better of if he hadnt played four seasons too long souring the collective memory.

Hes a shadow of the driving, bullish, force of nature that he was. Every asset he had that made him who he was is long gone. So, he suffers not just in comparison to memories of cantona (who left too soon*) but in comparison with his former stupendously good and exciting self. Hes gone from spud faced nipper to sack of potatoes.

Also, hes a charisma vacuum. Not many people in life, never mind in football, could be compared with eric in that regard so a comparison is a little unfair.

*and with my shattered heart in a thousand pieces. Come back, Eric l. Come back.
/thread.

Unread 21-08-2016, 02:01 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
not wound up, just joining in the debate with a cup of coffee on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I think because there isn't really hate, aside from the few wind ups/#@&%!s

What there is though is a lot of disappointment and frustration.

I find it equally puzzling when folk rush to defend Rooney and justify his place in the team, when all the evidence suggests otherwise. Especially over the past three to four seasons. (The wind ups/#@&%!s excepted of course )

Remember even yourself struggling with Rooney last season

Unread 21-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

bullshit

there's a few posters on here who seem to seriously hate rooney

and yet you always bring it back to me...

when have i ever expressed hatred for this plodding imitation of a number 10?

i can't help it if you're in denial about rooney's decline and have been for years.

whatevs anyway, we have a few top class players in the side now to take the heat off so as long as he can stay in the side he should be ok for a while now... maybe he can see off yet another OT striker while he's at it. or maybe when he does finally get a chance rashford will do the unthinkable and leave mourinho with no choice but to play him...

Unread 21-08-2016, 04:00 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The fact that people keep prattling on about scoring records speaks volumes. Great achievement, well done - beyond that I don't give a shite. What do people remember about Bobby Charlton as a player? The fact that he was a Busby Babe, that he survived Munich to win United and England's first European Cup and won the World Cup. That's because it's a team game. Individual achievements are great but they're not the ones that get you off your seat. 'He's broken the record! Yessss!' - said no-one ever, except the stats obsessed yootoob generation, who are the ones responsible for this focus on records which I don't remember hearing much about until recent years.

Rooney was a phenomenal player, I literally could not give any less of a flying shit that he's a scouser, but he's been mainly £#%&! for about four years. I don't know why people have such a blind spot with him, that they angrily insist his atrocious lack of consistency should be ignored and indulged because of what he did seven years ago. Players come and go, yet this one still has people desperately clinging to him like lovelorn limpets.

Cantona felt his powers waning and promptly sacked it off, and with it a gigantic amount of money most people would not consider foregoing for a nanosecond. Rooney isn't fit to pick the winnits out of Eric's arse crack. It's not even close.
so the fact that he has scored the most goals for united and also the most as a forward for united should be ignored?

i think its ok to have a middle ground but also think people are so romantic about eric it papers over some of his faults

just going to leave this here ....

"Ronaldo is better than George Best and Denis Law, who were two brilliant and great players in the history of United."

—Dutch legend Johan Cruyff on the 23-year-old Ronaldo, April 2008.[93]

Unread 21-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Clarkie

Cantona was king £#%&!ing cool too. Everyone wanted to be Eric or be like him

Unread 21-08-2016, 04:48 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Cantona was king £#%&!ing cool too. Everyone wanted to be Eric or be like him
yep the collar

Unread 21-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
so the fact that he has scored the most goals for united and also the most as a forward for united should be ignored?

i think its ok to have a middle ground but also think people are so romantic about eric it papers over some of his faults

just going to leave this here ....

"Ronaldo is better than George Best and Denis Law, who were two brilliant and great players in the history of United."

—Dutch legend Johan Cruyff on the 23-year-old Ronaldo, April 2008.[93]
cruyff is the greatest player i've ever seen but that's a very odd statement

best was a natural born footballer
Closed Thread