United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:09 PM
wiganste

Question The new season - anyone getting excited by it yet....

...or are you still on holiday mode?

Me, I'm looking forward to the start of the season because of a few things.

I think our transfer activity has been underwhelming to say the least but I love an underdog and I think Valencia will be excellent for us. Also, I'm looking forward to Hargreaves' return (if he does return) It really will be like a new signing
Thinking about Michael Owen - I know his signing is a head scratcher and he's plyed his trade, and undoubtedly had his best years, at that shower down the wrong end of the East Lancs, I fancy him to score 20 in all comps if he stays fit. I still hate the @#%&! mind but I do think he's that 'fox in the box' that we have been lacking.

I also feel Rooney is going to be our main man. I think with Ronaldo's departure, the team will be built around him and we will reap the benefits.

I still think we're gonna see one or two additions to the squad before August. I'm unsure if any will be big name signings but I really couldn't give a £#%&! about that tbh.

So, here's to August 16th and hopefully the start of another very good season, starting with 3 points at home to Brum and ending with winning the European Cup in Madrid against Real Madrid.

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:17 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

I feel similar to how I did at the start of the 06/07 season. A few big names out of the door and not many signings to get excited about, let's hope that the football we play gets somewhere close to how good it was that season. If that's the case then I for one will be happy, championship or no championship, as long as those @#%&!s don't win it of course.

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Stickman

A little worried about it as it stands if im honest

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Sloppy

The excitemement starts for me when we start playing our friendlies.

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:23 PM
£#%&! KFC

not yet still recovering from last season tbh but once the big names arrive I will be

Benitez made me piss today whinging like a bitch already and we're nowhere near the season starting

this team excites me though

VDS
Rafael
Evra
Vidic
Ferdinand
Carrick
Valencia
Fletcher
Rooney
Berbatov
?????

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:27 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
not yet still recovering from last season tbh but once the big names arrive I will be

Benitez made me piss today whinging like a bitch already and we're nowhere near the season starting

VDS
Rafael
Evra
Vidic
Ferdinand
Carrick
Valencia
Fletcher
Rooney
Berbatov
?????

Giggs?

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Sloane

Quote:

VDS
Rafael
Evra
Vidic
Ferdinand
Carrick
Valencia
Fletcher
Rooney
Berbatov
?????

stop giving us false hope!

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:28 PM
denis lawless

bit too early for me yet

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Giggs?
fail

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
stop giving us false hope!

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Sloane

?????
silva ?

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:36 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:

VDS
Rafael
Evra
Vidic
Ferdinand
Carrick
Valencia
Fletcher
Rooney
Berbatov
?????

Manucho

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:37 PM
JakeB

Quote:

VDS
Rafael
Evra
Vidic
Ferdinand
Carrick
Valencia
Fletcher
Rooney
Berbatov
?????

Benzema??

Oh...

Owen??

Oh...

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Jimmy Greenhoff?

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:41 PM
JakeB

Well it's not Villa, I doubt it's Eto'o....it's not ibrahimovic is it?

Or is it...no one?

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:54 PM
wiganste

It's Owen.

I think if he's fit, he's a starter. Fergie rates him highly and hasn't brought him in for 10-15 min cameos.

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:56 PM
koppas

Fergie always get his man. And they usually come good:

Blanc
Larrson

Um.

Owen.

suedeshoes

Quote:
It's Owen.

I think if he's fit, he's a starter. Fergie rates him highly and hasn't brought him in for 10-15 min cameos.
Well you've gotta say that. You caused it.

JakeB

Quote:
It's Owen.

Plus he's been handed the no.7 and the captains armband

Unread 09-07-2009, 11:58 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Well you've gotta say that. You caused it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Plus he's been handed the no.7 and the captains armband

It isn't my £#%&!ing fault we've signed the odd shaped headed scouse @#%&!. And another smiley for good measure
Closed Thread