United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2007, 10:09 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As a writ has now been issued, what are the chance that there are meetings between the lawyers of Westam and MSI and there is some kind of confidential out of court settlement?

The Prem have been allowed to wash their hands of it by back heeling it to FIFA who in turn have passed it on, I wouldn't have thought there would be much objection by either to a settlement that allowed this whole business to be put to bed, would there?

It would be a possibility, someone else mooted that point a while back, an out of court settlement would be a private matter, can they do so before court proceedings without the PL sticking their beak in again.

Unread 25-07-2007, 10:10 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Considering scudamore's comments yesterday it is very puzzling as to why westam chose the most obviously dangerous option of the three, the PL are obviously attempting to extricate themselves from this mess and
did joorchabian give his approval of this choice.
saw that yesterday. the PL are well trying to distance themselves from this with their comments over the last few days. they have basically said that WH lied to them. nft.

Unread 25-07-2007, 11:34 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
It would be a possibility, someone else mooted that point a while back, an out of court settlement would be a private matter, can they do so before court proceedings without the PL sticking their beak in again.
highly unlikely with sheffield wednesday watching closely. any suspicion that wham did not receive the transfer fee will be seized upon by their lawyers.

Unread 25-07-2007, 11:38 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
highly unlikely with sheffield wednesday watching closely. any suspicion that wham did not receive the transfer fee will be seized upon by their lawyers.
wednesday? nft.

Unread 25-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky View Post
Anyone seen this interview with Eggert from a West Ham supporters website in March before :-

http://www.kumb.com/qa.php?id=11%22

Particular attention might be paid to this bit around the middle :-

KUMB: The player that most supporters have been talking about this year is Carlos Tevez, a success in a season where there's been so little to cheer. He's a traditional sort of West Ham player ...

EM: And now he's started to score goals ... [laughs]

KUMB: Which is a bonus! If we stay up - is there any chance he might stay?

EM: Yeah, of course there's a chance but as I've said in the press before, it's not up to me because West Ham don't own the rights to Tevez.
Email this to SSN

Unread 26-07-2007, 07:36 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
The way I see it is, Kia wouldn't be taking them to court if they aren't in the wrong and he has a chance of losing/being the party in the wrong.
I feel more confident now because the agent is confident enough to take it to the high court," said Ferguson. "You can be embarrassed there if it's not right and you can lose everything, so he must be very confident regarding the situation with West Ham.

Fergie must've read my post.

Unread 26-07-2007, 08:14 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
wednesday? nft.
i meant to say 'this wednesday'

pedant

Closed Thread