United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Old 21-09-2018, 07:51 PM
chooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
Impressive
Some guy in Piccadilly tried to scare us into selling tickets. Told us loads of perry boys were attacking people in Ardwick Perry boys

Old 21-09-2018, 07:53 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch View Post
Some guy in Piccadilly tried to scare us into selling tickets. Told us loads of perry boys were attacking people in Ardwick Perry boys
Never seen any mither near the Apollo

Old 21-09-2018, 07:55 PM
chooch

Quote:
Never seen any mither near the Apollo
The only mither I saw that night was some guys throwing bottles at a rat. Happy days

Old 25-09-2018, 02:17 PM
guerreiro

Being mistakenly accused of bad parenting just reminded me of an embarrassing parent fail/win today.

At the park playing ball tiggy (touch with ball), kid runs off shouting, launched the ball immediately at his legs, trips up and he hit dirt hard, screaming, face full of dirt and bloody nose.

The filthy looks I got were burning as I tried to get him up and brush it off, whilst he’s screaming blue murder at me for doing it on purpose. It did look like I did it out of spite (it wasn’t).

Old 25-09-2018, 02:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Being mistakenly accused of bad parenting just reminded me of an embarrassing parent fail/win today.

At the park playing ball tiggy (touch with ball), kid runs off shouting, launched the ball immediately at his legs, trips up and he hit dirt hard, screaming, face full of dirt and bloody nose.

The filthy looks I got were burning as I tried to get him up and brush it off, whilst he’s screaming blue murder at me for doing it on purpose. It did look like I did it out of spite (it wasn’t).

Sorry pal.

Old 25-09-2018, 02:27 PM
no fun

I used to do something that could be seen as bad parenting, but at the same time has elements of good parenting

When the kids were nippers, the 2 eldest (aged about 8 and 5) used to love watching me give the youngest (aged 2] a “monkey bath”

A monkey bath is when you make the water temperature just slightly too hot, so when you lower the kid in he’s going “ooh ahh ooh ahh ooh ahh” ie making noises that resemble a monkey

Bad parenting in that the youngest used to cry, but good parenting as the other 2 were highly amused

Old 25-09-2018, 02:36 PM
Sapien

Quote:
I used to do something that could be seen as bad parenting, but at the same time has elements of good parenting

When the kids were nippers, the 2 eldest (aged about 8 and 5) used to love watching me give the youngest (aged 2] a “monkey bath”

A monkey bath is when you make the water temperature just slightly too hot, so when you lower the kid in he’s going “ooh ahh ooh ahh ooh ahh” ie making noises that resemble a monkey

Bad parenting in that the youngest used to cry, but good parenting as the other 2 were highly amused
You deliberately burnt your child?

Old 25-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post

interesting you say that. was at playground on Sunday. Young lad was using that zip cord thing and I was trying to kick a football at him while he was gliding past. Mutually agreed. Didn't get him once tbh but called it quits on the 3rd attempt.

Old 25-09-2018, 02:53 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post
interesting you say that. was at playground on Sunday. Young lad was using that zip cord thing and I was trying to kick a football at him while he was gliding past. Mutually agreed. Didn't get him once tbh but called it quits on the 3rd attempt.

Old 25-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Long tongue phooey

Had a flashback to the 70's today when I saw a bicycle with wing mirrors.