United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Classic Percy Sugden again, putting everybody right, even though Kangers never said anything of the sort.
Do you understand what a question mark is?

I was asking him if all 3 CL wins were based on luck. Which is clearly a ridiculous proposition, hence why he’s ignored it and blathered on about last season

Unread 15-08-2018, 08:50 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

I was asking him if all 3 CL wins were based on luck. Which is clearly a ridiculous proposition, hence why he’s ignored it and blathered on about last season
I'd have taken finishing 17 points behind City and beating Liverpool in the CL final.

To question if last season was a success is stupidity of koppas proportions.

He never played here as a player, as Fergie couldn't fit him into the team, but he sure as fit can fit into our dugout.

Christmas...

Unread 15-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
one of my most obscure dreams ever was after the wc final in 2006. I was sat outside a french cafe with zizou. Relaxing scenario. Until the bugger pulled out a lighter and set fire to his big toe. I think it reflected his head butt which affected my deeply at the time. Also could have been my subconscious telling me I'm a bender. tbc.

Unread 15-08-2018, 09:09 AM
Kangared

Quote:

You complete £#%&!ing illiterate moron . Read my 1st post, it was all self explanatory. Do you understand the meaning of regressed ?
I’ll dumb it down so even you can wrap your stupid head around it
In my opinion Madrid went downhill in the last season he was there [ regressed] , only someone who never watched them last season in the CL would deny they were lucky & in the League they finished 17 points behind a Barca team nowhere near as good as the Barca of several seasons ago.
Clearer for you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I'd have taken finishing 17 points behind City and beating Liverpool in the CL final.

To question if last season was a success is stupidity of koppas proportions.

He never played here as a player, as Fergie couldn't fit him into the team, but he sure as fit can fit into our dugout.

Christmas...
With the players at his disposal ?
Then you’d be a stupid @#%&! to criticise Jose for what he has achieved with this squad

Unread 15-08-2018, 09:36 AM
ziggyman17

3 Champions league wins in a row aswell as a league title, nah rather give to giggsy..

Unread 15-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
You complete £#%&!ing illiterate moron . Read my 1st post, it was all self explanatory. Do you understand the meaning of regressed ?
I’ll dumb it down so even you can wrap your stupid head around it
In my opinion Madrid went downhill in the last season he was there [ regressed] , only someone who never watched them last season in the CL would deny they were lucky & in the League they finished 17 points behind a Barca team nowhere near as good as the Barca of several seasons ago.
Clearer for you ?

With the players at his disposal ?
Then you’d be a stupid @#%&! to criticise Jose for what he has achieved with this squad
So his first 2 CL wins weren’t lucky at all is what you’re saying?

As a wiser man than me once said, 2 outta 3 ain’t bad....

Unread 15-08-2018, 09:39 AM
shenwen

Quote:
We have a manager who finished 9 points ahead of a far better Barca team than the one who walked to the title
Apples and oranges.

We now have a manager who finished 19 points behind the league winners and got beaten by Seville in the CL.

I’d swap that for a “lucky” CL win.

Can’t believe you are buying the “if it wasn’t for Ramos” bullshit

Unread 15-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Kangared

Quote:
So his first 2 CL wins weren’t lucky at all is what you’re saying?

As a wiser man than me once said, 2 outta 3 ain’t bad....
FFS

As Mark Twain lamented
Never argue with an idiot , they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Apples and oranges.

We now have a manager who finished 19 points behind the league winners and got beaten by Seville in the CL.

I’d swap that for a “lucky” CL win.

Can’t believe you are buying the “if it wasn’t for Ramos” bullshit
The same manager who finished 9 points ahead of a far superior Barca team to the one who just beat Madrid by 17 points.
Did you watch Madrid in the CL last season ? They were beaten by Spurs, absolutely played off the park home & away by Bayern , needed a last minute PK to beat Juve & were being outplayed by Liverpool until Salah’s injury
If you are comparing Jose with Zidane you need to compare the players at their disposal

Unread 15-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Switching Off

If they regressed it's because Ronaldo was 32 and not quite reaching the heights of his late 20s. They still went to Juventus and destroyed them in the semi.

And in the final Benzema took advantage of a goalkeeping error. Slightly lucky the keeper is a %@#$&! but Benzema was still there to take advantage. That's just good forward play.

Any team who wins any trophy has some luck along the way. You still need to take advantage of the good luck, and overcome the bad luck.

Unread 15-08-2018, 10:36 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
FFS
The same manager who finished 9 points ahead of a far superior Barca team to the one who just beat Madrid by 17 points.
The same manager who couldn't win the CL with a team that have won 4 of the 5 since he left yes, and you're claiming Zidane took them backwards.

Unread 15-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
The same manager who couldn't win the CL with a team that have won 4 of the 5 since he left yes, and you're claiming Zidane took them backwards.
The same manager who won 2 CL’s with far inferior squads.
Don’t be like Ethers, read what I actually write. Madrid last season were not very good. They were lucky to win the CL & they were poor in the league. If you think otherwise you are entitled to that opinion...as wrong & £#%&!ed up as it is

Unread 15-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Don’t be like Ethers, read what I actually write. Madrid last season were not very good. They were lucky to win the CL & they were poor in the league. If you think otherwise you are entitled to that opinion...as wrong & £#%&!ed up as it is
They pretty much gave up on the league about halfway through. They weren’t lucky to win the CL ffs.

For a season in which they apparently weren’t very good, they still won 4 trophies and scored 148 goals in the process. I’ll take that tbh

Unread 15-08-2018, 10:55 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
They were lucky to win the CL
Lucky

Didn't they play PSG, Juventus & Bayern Munich in the knock-out rounds before the Final??
..then comfortably beat Liverpool in the Final (who had blitzed their way to the final with goals galore) - not to mention bale scoring one of the best goals you'll ever £#%&!ing see

Their Group had Spurs & Dortmund in too iirc - 2 very dangerous sides.

To reduce a hat-trick of Champions League wins to "luck" is £#%&!ing embarrassing

Unread 15-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Kangared

Quote:
They pretty much gave up on the league about halfway through. They weren’t lucky to win the CL ffs.

For a season in which they apparently weren’t very good, they still won 4 trophies and scored 148 goals in the process. I’ll take that tbh
“ they gave up on the league about halfway through “

£#%&!ing hell lad, you’re making my point better than I am

Didn’t Mourinho’s Madrid set a record of 100 goals in La Liga . They were very lucky all the way through the CL, I have to assume you didn’t watch any of their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Lucky

Didn't they play PSG, Juventus & Bayern Munich in the knock-out rounds before the Final??
..then comfortably beat Liverpool in the Final (who had blitzed their way to the final with goals galore) - not to mention bale scoring one of the best goals you'll ever £#%&!ing see

Their Group had Spurs & Dortmund in too iirc - 2 very dangerous sides.

To reduce a hat-trick of Champions League wins to "luck" is £#%&!ing embarrassing
To display such a poor level of comprehension is what is truly £#%&!ing embarrassing.

Unread 15-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Stone Monkey

£#%&! him! Get behind the boss or £#%&! off!!

Unread 15-08-2018, 11:10 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
To display such a poor level of comprehension is what is truly f***ing embarrassing.
Sorry for not comprehending your superior analysis of Real Madrids "lucky" Champions League win.

Unread 15-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
£#%&! him! Get behind the boss or £#%&! off!!
This. You've got the press, the chairman and half the fan base piling on, and now this @#%&! waiting in the wings. Tasteless treatment of our gaffer.

Unread 15-08-2018, 11:17 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Don’t be like Ethers, read what I actually write. Madrid last season were not very good. They were lucky to win the CL & they were poor in the league. If you think otherwise you are entitled to that opinion...as wrong & f***ed up as it is
Lucky to win the CL? When we won it in 99, we made it out of the group's as a best runner up, in the final Bayern hit the woodwork twice in normal time and we scored twice in the last minute of injury time, in 2008 we were a glory hogging John Terry keeping his feet away from losing. When Mourinho won it with Porto, they beat us on a horrendous offside decision.

Madrid negotiated a tough route to the final and then pretty much nullified Liverpool. All cup wins have an element of luck somewhere.

Unread 15-08-2018, 11:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
This. You've got the press, the chairman and half the fan base piling on, and now this @#%&! waiting in the wings. Tasteless treatment of our gaffer.
Getting what he deserves tbh.

Unread 15-08-2018, 11:26 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
What goes around, comes around...
Closed Thread