United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2018, 04:59 PM
ScarFace

Football United Director Of Football...Edwin Van Der Sar ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-football.html

Would love him to come back, even as a tea lady.

Either way, we badly need a DOF, as Woody clearly can't sign players and Cup A Soup sponsors.

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:03 PM
flixton

He signed Daley Blind from us so you have to worry about his recruitment strategy.

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:03 PM
ZiggyStardust

Thumbs up

Getting back on the Dutch totaalvoetbal train

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:05 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
He signed Daley Blind from us so you have to worry about his recruitment strategy.
So you're saying he's been helping us get rid of shit before even under contract

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Sparky***

No chance. More %@#$&!s.

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Isn’t Overmars the sporting director at Ajax and Ed some type of CEO type?

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:22 PM
Jack Duckworth

i called vds returning to the club last week #sage

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:36 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No chance. More %@#$&!s.
Wrong

Its on

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Isn’t Overmars the sporting director at Ajax and Ed some type of CEO type?
Something like that yes. VdS knows his stuff and would be an excellent DoF at United

I think we might struggle to get him away from Ajax mind; I think he's a strong family man and even the prestige of United might not be enough to convince him to up sticks again. I doubt he needs the money and his personal success is high.

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Lok

Can't think of many better candidates.

He's clearly respected in the game, he seems very intelligent and he's been a big part of our history.

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:49 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

I think we might struggle to get him away from Ajax mind; I think he's a strong family man and even the prestige of United might not be enough to convince him to up sticks again. I doubt he needs the money and his personal success is high.
plus we'll offer him half of what he asks to be paid

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Drexl

I saw Eddie in a pub in castleton. He got sick of waiting for his teenage daughter who was in the bogs for a fair amount of time, so he just walked in looking for her

Will fit right in with the likes of Martin Edwards

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:52 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
I saw Eddie in a pub in castleton. He got sick of waiting for his teenage daughter who was in the bogs for a fair amount of time, so he just walked in looking for her

Will fit right in with the likes of Martin Edwards

Unread 13-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I genuinely cringed for him then

Unread 13-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Switching Off

Wouldn't be against the idea of a DOF if it was part of a long term strategy to improve the scouting network and recruitment policy. But it's not. Its just a reactionary measure due to a poor transfer window that is solely down to Woodward's ineptitude. Even if you believe Mourinho's choices weren't right, the fact that wasn't communicated to him until at least midway through the window is Woodward's fault.

He's consistently gone after unattainable players since he took over, wasting time and effort. And he's consistently let the club be used by player after player looking for improved contracts at their current club, making us a laughing stock in the process.

We didn't need a DOF when Gill was in charge and if we could dump Ed we may not need one now. We just need a coherent transfer strategy and a CEO and Manager on the same page.

Unread 13-08-2018, 06:46 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Wouldn't be against the idea of a DOF if it was part of a long term strategy to improve the scouting network and recruitment policy. But it's not. Its just a reactionary measure due to a poor transfer window that is solely down to Woodward's ineptitude. Even if you believe Mourinho's choices weren't right, the fact that wasn't communicated to him until at least midway through the window is Woodward's fault.

He's consistently gone after unattainable players since he took over, wasting time and effort. And he's consistently let the club be used by player after player looking for improved contracts at their current club, making us a laughing stock in the process.

We didn't need a DOF when Gill was in charge and if we could dump Ed we may not need one now. We just need a coherent transfer strategy and a CEO and Manager on the same page.
This.

Unread 13-08-2018, 06:50 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Would love him back as director of goalkeepers, think it's a great idea.

Unread 13-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Exactly. In this instance a DoF is merely a shield for Woodward, it has nothing to do with establishing a style of play or creating continuity. I would be in favour of a DoF with the remit to establish those things but I'd be surprised if that was what we ended up with. If we're looking at VDS, who has been doing marketing for Ajax helping set-up soccer schools in China is hardly encouraging.

Unread 13-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Exactly. In this instance a DoF is merely a shield for Woodward, it has nothing to do with establishing a style of play or creating continuity. I would be in favour of a DoF with the remit to establish those things but I'd be surprised if that was what we ended up with. If we're looking at VDS, who has been doing marketing for Ajax helping set-up soccer schools in China is hardly encouraging.
Some of the other names have apparently done a good job at other clubs, but you really need somebody on the same page as Mourinho. No confidence that'll be the case. He needs to bend a little too btw.

Unread 13-08-2018, 07:04 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Would love him back as director of goalkeepers, think it's a great idea.
Would prefer Grimson tbh might sort out DDG `s hair/beard.
Closed Thread