United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2018, 01:24 PM
andyroo

Has Dalot been seen since the Derbycaust?

Unread 24-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No it’s not. To say any of this is solely down to one person is just flat out wrong. Some of it is, maybe even most, but it’s not Mourinho’s job to trap a football for Lukaku, or have the ability to play a ten yard ball or beat a man for Rashford, put a shift in for Martial, have discipline for Pogba etc etc. Once they cross that line they’re either there or they’re not. Atm they’re not; not even close.

As an aside, is this whole ‘Rashford’s not a winger’ thing, an experiment into whether saying something enough makes it true? Because I hope for the kid’s sake we’re not suggesting that traditional centre forward is the only place on a football field where he won’t look inept. If it is he’s going to have a tough career.
I mean 'The way' as in the style of play.

Ofcourse personal responsibility will fall onto the players as ever. It's ok to expect that, but when all of them are struggling, that's a coaching issue. If they're not good enough, then it's still Mourinho's fault for signing them or keeping them round.

Lukaku is a good example of all the problems.

He's not the style we should have
He isn't good enough
He isn't working hard enough
He isn't improving
He is better than he's currently showing

All of those are a combination of his fault, joses fault and both.

Unread 24-10-2018, 01:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

But Martial still seems capable of scoring when played as a winger unlike Rashford....he was utter shit last night and at Chelsea and why the £#%&! is he still taking corners and free kicks

Unread 24-10-2018, 01:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
But Martial still seems capable of scoring when played as a winger unlike Rashford....he was utter shit last night and at Chelsea and why the £#%&! is he still taking corners and free kicks
Matoh took more of them yesterday.

They were shite too.

Unread 24-10-2018, 01:47 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I mean 'The way' as in the style of play.

Ofcourse personal responsibility will fall onto the players as ever. It's ok to expect that, but when all of them are struggling, that's a coaching issue. If they're not good enough, then it's still Mourinho's fault for signing them or keeping them round.

Lukaku is a good example of all the problems.

He's not the style we should have
He isn't good enough
He isn't working hard enough
He isn't improving
He is better than he's currently showing

All of those are a combination of his fault, joses fault and both.
Would hate to have to ask how your day went at work.

Unread 24-10-2018, 01:54 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Matoh took more of them yesterday.

They were shite too.
This is true
Sanchez right now the only player even half capable of delivering a good dead ball.
Good for something at least

Unread 24-10-2018, 01:57 PM
utd99

I want Rashford to succeed as much as anyone, but I think people might need to start reconciling themselves to the possibility that he just may not ever be what we hoped he’d become.

Maybe my knowledge of football is limited, but I’m wracking my brains to remember the bit where moving twenty yards to the right means you start kicking the ball against a defender’s legs; over and over and over again...

Unread 24-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Mou ruined rashford....

Unread 24-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No it’s not. To say any of this is solely down to one person is just flat out wrong. Some of it is, maybe even most, but it’s not Mourinho’s job to trap a football for Lukaku, or have the ability to play a ten yard ball or beat a man for Rashford, put a shift in for Martial, have discipline for Pogba etc etc. Once they cross that line they’re either there or they’re not. Atm they’re not; not even close.

As an aside, is this whole ‘Rashford’s not a winger’ thing, an experiment into whether saying something enough makes it true? Because I hope for the kid’s sake we’re not suggesting that traditional centre forward is the only place on a football field where he won’t look inept. If it is he’s going to have a tough career.
You are correct, it is not Mou's job to work on technical deficiencies, that is a coaching and player engagement issue, but it is his job to set up the team and define a style of play that allows the players to excel. Signing Lukaku even though he has worked with him before and must understand his limitations is on him. He wanted a big man up front and was not prepared to adapt away from that even with his main transfer option that Summer not being capable of playing in the manner that Mou has always wanted from his 9.

There is barely a partnership that works in the team. CB is a revolving door mess, full back and wide players struggle to work as pair. Matic and Pogba looks good on paper but their size makes it easier for the opposition to work the ball around them, they simply can't press and move with the sustained intensity that is required, add to that their tendency to hold the ball for too long and it fails on the attacking side as well. Lukaku kills any attacking combinations because it is pointless to try quick interplay off him. Mou brought a lot of these problems to the team, good players in isolation if the system is set for them, but they do not work as a group.

Unread 24-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Baron

Not being funny, but a fluid, interchangeable front three as Juve showed last night isn't beyond the personnel in this United side. You might get some issues with Martial & Rashford in the first few months, but if you stuck Sanchez as the no.9 & had them all interchanging I doubt we'd see a struggle to pull sides about and score goals like we are now.

Stick a three behind them, Fred clearly should be a focal point like he was at his old club, he is a two footed quick passing player - give him options & we progress up the pitch quicker. Matic has no place in that XI, Pogba should be the furthest forward to link or go beyond - we need a third midfielder to manage responsible retention & pressing. Herrera could do it I guess, but he's a bit of a liability. At least he's got energy, has a pass in him & can stick the boot in. I wouldn't see a reason to not play that. Dalot & Shaw at full back, who cares in the middle. Go out to win games. Done.

Unread 24-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Vedder

Needs to go on loan tbh. £#%&! him off to Bournemouth for a season

Unread 24-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
he wouldn't get in their team atm.

the likes of bournemouth and wolves are better going forward than us.

Unread 24-10-2018, 04:04 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Think they're happy with Eddie Howe tbh

Unread 24-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Would hate to have to ask how your day went at work.
Would hate to have your stubby gnawed dick fingers.

Unread 24-10-2018, 05:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Think they're happy with Eddie Howe tbh
Almost worthy of a that one.

Unread 24-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Would hate to have your stubby gnawed dick fingers.
Richard ‘Dick’ Fingers, gentleman thief

Unread 28-10-2018, 06:12 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 01-11-2018, 10:11 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 01-11-2018, 07:06 PM
red in cumbria

Why the Royston face? Nice gesture from him that not everybody in his position would have done.

Unread 01-11-2018, 09:48 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Nice gesture, and good to see he didn’t film it just to get ‘brand’ exposure on social media like that #@&%! Lingard would have done.

Can’t wait to see Rashers under a proper manager at United once he’s fully cured of Mourydia. Lad will blossom into a superstar.
Closed Thread