United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-11-2017, 07:22 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
It's the worst decision of his career.

I still can't believe how badly we handled the whole affair.

We knew for years how important that decision would be.....and we f***ed it up as badly as we could.

It was somehow
both a ridiculous gamble and horribly safe in the same breath.
It is very simple, Moyes and he are from Glasgow and figuring Moyes was the second coming . 'Fact' as our Newcastle friend would say.

Unread 19-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Chris Quayd

"I could go back again and I could talk about the old days," said Moyes. "I could talk about winning Manager of the Year three times in a row. I could talk about getting the biggest job in the world or I could talk about going and being one of the only British managers who've ever had a job in Spain.

"I could do all that, but I think now it's time to stop talking like that and start talking about what's coming next."

Relegation?

Unread 19-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ffs

Never occurs to him he’s the one who’s expected to improve things. Just hey, these were shit when I arrived, so if they’re shit when I leave it’s not my doing. I honestly think there’s something wrong with him.
Well he took over the league champions and did the exact opposite. Genuinely a mystery to me how he keeps getting a job.

Unread 19-11-2017, 07:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
"I could go back again and I could talk about the old days," said Moyes. "I could talk about winning Manager of the Year three times in a row. I could talk about getting the biggest job in the world or I could talk about going and being one of the only British managers who've ever had a job in Spain.

"I could do all that, but I think now it's time to stop talking like that and start talking about what's coming next."

Relegation?
What?

He’s talking about the LMA award. They give that to managers they feel sorry for. George Burley won it.

Unread 19-11-2017, 07:29 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Relegation?
He didn't win it three times in a row, he won it three times - 2003, 2005 and 2009. The liar.

Being the only manager to be sacked after 11 games in Spain is hardly worth writing home about, either. There's been plenty of Brits in Spain anyway the delusional £#%&!wit.

The guy is an absolute weapon.

Unread 19-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Relegation?
“one of the only British managers who've ever had a job in Spain”

There’ve been 20 of them David

Anyway, why does he think that was some sort of achievement?
More important was the fact that he utterly failed and got the sack.

windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What?

He’s talking about the LMA award. They give that to managers they feel sorry for. George Burley won it.
To be fair, Ipswich came fifth that year which was a pretty big achievement for a small club back then.

utd99

If you asked him where he thinks he is in the list of all time best managers worldwide, I reckon he’d say sixth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
To be fair, Ipswich came fifth that year which was a pretty big achievement for a small club back then.
And memorable.

Unread 19-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Pop

"The byline Andy, THE BYLINE!!!!!"

Useless @#%&!.

Unread 19-11-2017, 07:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
And memorable
They got relegated the following campaign.

Unread 19-11-2017, 07:58 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They got relegated the following campaign.
He's on course to break his own record then.

Didn't Gaz Nev last longer as a manager in Spain that him?

Unread 19-11-2017, 08:01 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He's on course to break his own record then.

Didn't Gaz Nev last longer as a manager in Spain that him?
no...somehow @#%&!head Moyes managed a whole year at Sociedad

Unread 19-11-2017, 08:05 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
no...somehow @#%&!head Moyes managed a whole year at Sociedad
Ah, cheers. Just checked. Nov 10 2014 - Nov 9 2015. Couldn't even make it to his first anniversary

£#%&!ing hell. How to shoot yourself in the foot:

We need a united club - Moyes

David Moyes said he was disappointed with West Ham's "big players with big reputations"

Well done on uniting your players Dave.
Closed Thread