United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-07-2016, 08:40 AM
irk

Sad to see Bunks shredding his fred cred (fredibility?) with this abomination of an opinion.

Unread 02-07-2016, 08:51 AM
itisme_panaflex

Euro 2000 or France 98

Barely watched this one.

Unread 02-07-2016, 10:09 AM
est.1878

think it all depends if you have the opportunity to watch most games, that's when you can get into it properly

sounds weird with the constant Eiffel tower backdrops etc but something about this for me doesn't grip me of being in France. need a feel of the host nation throughout for a great tournament imo . could be the weather being shite also

Unread 02-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Dave

Been pretty boring imo. Can only really think of a handful of games that haven't bored me to tears.

Unread 02-07-2016, 10:14 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Been pretty boring imo. Can only really think of a handful of games that haven't bored me to tears.
Need a hand with that noose you £#%&!ing irritating shit for brains?

Unread 02-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Sparky***

Hungary/Portugal and last night's game were good. The rest have all been shite.

Unread 02-07-2016, 10:16 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&! off. England v Iceland was fantastic

Unread 02-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Wales vs Belgium was good because both sides tried to win the game. Been far too many matches where that hasn't been the case. The group stages were pitiful because of the 3rd place ruling and the minnows just setting out to lose by as few goals as possible.

Unread 02-07-2016, 10:24 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Not been a great tournament, a few good games, an awful lot of bang average ones, England playing like United last season. While a shit Portugal have reached the semi's. Italy and Germany head and shoulders above everything else in the tournament and one of them is going home Tonight.

Wales could win it, Italy and Germany look good but not great, France have good moments but Koscielny apart their defence is dodgy and Portugal are flat out £#%&!.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:39 AM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Not been a great tournament, a few good games, an awful lot of bang average ones, England playing like United last season. While a shit Portugal have reached the semi's. Italy and Germany head and shoulders above everything else in the tournament and one of them is going home Tonight.

Wales could win it, Italy and Germany look good but not great, France have good moments but Koscielny apart their defence is dodgy and Portugal are flat out £#%&!.
I agree with most of this, there's no real stand out team and no stand out player so far.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
I agree with most of this, there's no real stand out team and no stand out player so far.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
1990 was magical.
The football was shit. It included the worst game I've ever seen, Ireland v Egypt. Zero shots on target, two shots off target between both teams.

Unread 02-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Bunker Buster

People naming other tournaments and one game:.....

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.....

At least a dozen good games in this tournament...

Unread 02-07-2016, 12:07 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Really impressed with Wales last night, every man gave everything 100%

Unread 02-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

only remember seeing the finals in 74 and 76

since then got into some and not others... this one is good.

Unread 02-07-2016, 04:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
1990 was magical.
If you liked passing back to the keeper, yeah

Seriously, remember England's group in that?? Almost pure distilled anti-football

Unread 02-07-2016, 05:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Brazil '14 was setting up to be the best tournament I've seen, but fizzled out a little at the last eight. Best group phase ever for me, then some great last-16 games and moments: Brazil-Chile, Belgium-USA, Germany-Algeria, Mexico-Holland, James putting out Uruguay with a worldy, Costa Rica getting past Greece was a great story. Had the most remarkable semi-final result we'll ever witness, too

Problem so often these days is that the tournaments give way to fatigue and more caution in the latter stages.

Good thing about these Euros is how tight the games have invariably been. Made up for the inevitable lack of quality.

Unread 02-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If you liked passing back to the keeper, yeah
football existed before sky. imagine that

jcl much.

Unread 02-07-2016, 05:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
football existed before sky. imagine that