Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Matic looks dead
Serious question, what doe he do?

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I like him when I see things like that then remember the @#%&! picks Ashley £#%&!ing young as his first choice left back; makes Valencia captain; leaves rashford and martial on the bench every week; and sets us up to play the most negative football I’ve ever seen being played at the club.

Unread 22-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Sandman

Hopefully, Woodward will stab the shithouse in the back come summer, if he's doing his job properly, he'll be already making a move to replace him.

Unread 22-02-2018, 02:04 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Hopefully, Woodward will stab the shithouse in the back come summer, if he's doing his job properly, he'll be already making a move to replace him.

Unread 22-02-2018, 02:49 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Id go for Bruce and at this point I don't care whether that's Fiona or Steve.

Unread 22-02-2018, 02:58 PM
atticusgrinch

I didn't agree with plenty of Mou's decisions. Playing Fellaini. Not playing Martial. Buying Lukaku. Playing Smalling.

But the simple fact is he's having to imbue this squad with the mentality of a Man United squad.

The mentality was built up over 25 years and destroyed by the previous clowns in 3.

This is objectively the best season we've had since Ferguson left. If he bombs from here then he'll be gone. But maybe see what actually happens this season first eh?

Unread 22-02-2018, 03:04 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I didn't agree with plenty of Mou's decisions. Playing Fellaini. Not playing Martial. Buying Lukaku. Playing Smalling.

But the simple fact is he's having to imbue this squad with the mentality of a Man United squad.

The mentality was built up over 25 years and destroyed by the previous clowns in 3.

This is objectively the best season we've had since Ferguson left. If he bombs from here then he'll be gone. But maybe see what actually happens this season first eh?
£#%&! off mate

Unread 22-02-2018, 03:07 PM
AK14

Quote:

This.

Unread 22-02-2018, 03:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

I agree. Simple fact is that he’s not going anywhere until at least the end of the season if not beyond.

Not sure it needs to be as shit as it is though? That’s my issue. everything was looking pretty decent - team looked decent, it was entertaining etc but it’s been grim since October time. Now we look devoid of ideas, lacking in motivation, energy etc. And the tactics are by and large turd.

I’ve said a few times that I’m ok with the bleakness (for now) if we win stuff or at least compete - but if we bomb out and it’s grim viewing then I’ll be struggling.

Unread 22-02-2018, 03:22 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Hear you but it's such a low bar, the three post-ferg seasons were all shameful in their own way. Last season could see some red shoots of recovery but we've been going backwards at least in terms of playing style for months and results are dropping off too. If we get 2nd, FA Cup, CL progress it's hard to argue with another season but it needs to become watchable fast and right now it's hard to see that happening.

Unread 22-02-2018, 03:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Is the mentality of a Man Utd side to not try to play football and just lump it up the pitch?

Unread 22-02-2018, 08:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Darling or not, he's the best man for the job when it becomes available.

Fact.
I feel like a stuck record with this, but might it (just maybe) be possible for him to have actually won something before he joins us?

Just saying, like.

Unread 22-02-2018, 08:31 PM
dunk

What decisions Mourinho has made do you agree with?

Unread 22-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Up until around March time last season, we were playing well.
Granted, the results went against us and our finishing was absolutely dreadful in the vast majority of games, but we weren't bad. Certainly not as bad as we currently are on the eye and it seemed we were going in a positive direction.

With the exception of the first month or two of this season, I genuinely haven't a clue what has happened since

Unread 22-02-2018, 08:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Up until around March time last season, we were playing well.
Granted, the results went against us and our finishing was absolutely dreadful in the vast majority of games, but we weren't bad. Certainly not as bad as we currently are on the eye and it seemed we were going in a positive direction.

With the exception of the first month or two of this season, I genuinely haven't a clue what has happened since
We really weren't. By December we were just getting through the season and grinding out results. We'd been shit since September. A bit of new manager bounce and the Zlat/Pogba effect aside, I'm not sure we improved at all.

Unread 22-02-2018, 09:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
The one where he said PSG were a more appealing team than us.

Unread 22-02-2018, 11:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The one where he said PSG were a more appealing team than us.
Statement rather than a decision, no?

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I agree. Simple fact is that he’s not going anywhere until at least the end of the season if not beyond.

Not sure it needs to be as shit as it is though? That’s my issue. everything was looking pretty decent - team looked decent, it was entertaining etc but it’s been grim since October time. Now we look devoid of ideas, lacking in motivation, energy etc. And the tactics are by and large turd.

I’ve said a few times that I’m ok with the bleakness (for now) if we win stuff or at least compete - but if we bomb out and it’s grim viewing then I’ll be struggling.
City won a huge psychological victory when they beat us. The made it clear who was boss. The squad hasn’t recovered.

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
City won a huge psychological victory when they beat us. The made it clear who was boss. The squad hasn’t recovered.
The form of both sides prior to that game made it clear who was boss. That game was a foregone conclusion.

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:38 PM
andyroo

Quote:
The form of both sides prior to that game made it clear who was boss. That game was a foregone conclusion.
Well it was with our manager, but it needn't have been.

They were struggling a bit, they'd made heavy weather out of West Ham and Southampton going into it. They didn't even play that well on the day despite us making it so easy for them. They didn't show us who was boss, we showed them they were.

Inferiority. Mourinho is riddled with it.
Closed Thread