United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 06-03-2024, 03:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Time has been kind to every manager since Fergie left. The shackles of the shitshow above them takes care of that.

It’s why we should be cautious of piling in on ETH now. Every United manager has struggled. Every one of them has encountered problems around this point of their tenure and we end up having sympathy for them down the line. They just bear the brunt of it at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
When he cried… I’ll tell you one thing and I’m not ashamed to say it; my estimation of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as a man just £#%&!ing plummeted.

This should pull you round, Nedders 👍

Unread 06-03-2024, 03:14 PM
croady26

Have been dreading him being on The Overlap because knew it would drag up the Haaland and Bellingham stuff. Has to be two of the stupidest decisions this club has ever made

Unread 06-03-2024, 03:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Have been dreading him being on The Overlap because knew it would drag up the Haaland and Bellingham stuff. Has to be two of the stupidest decisions this club has ever made
Same, not slept in weeks, been dreading it.....

It's out there though now croady lad, breathe......

Unread 06-03-2024, 03:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Sparing them career suicide was a service to football

Unread 06-03-2024, 03:40 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Good show that but Carragher is annoying and Jill Scott adds zero.

Interesting to see the myth that Woodward was buying folk and that managers have had players thrust onto them smashed.

Always love Ole.

Unread 06-03-2024, 04:54 PM
jem

Quote:
yes. keep king louis. ole as scout/offensive coach to add goals to total football 0-0. united look like united.

Unread 06-03-2024, 04:59 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Good show that but Carragher is annoying and Jill Scott adds zero.

Interesting to see the myth that Woodward was buying folk and that managers have had players thrust onto them smashed.

Always love Ole.
Folk were claiming that Woodward was behind VDB, I doubt big Ed would have recognised him in the halls of Carrington

Unread 06-03-2024, 05:06 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
yes. keep king louis. ole as scout/offensive coach to add goals to total football 0-0. united look like united.
Toletal football

Unread 06-03-2024, 05:08 PM
Wade

Quote:
Solskjær: "I knew at half-time, absolutely 100%, against Watford, that was it. The team talk at half-time was about whoever wants to play, can play. I said put your hand up if you don't want to play - then we made a few changes."
Rashford subbed at half-time vs Watford. Right before that quote, Solskjaer was talking about knowing that certain players had stopped running for him and given up on him.

Quote:
“Some players said no to doing the pre-match interviews, the three questions. You had he go-tos who would always front up, Bruno always did it, Harry always did it, Victor did it, David did it, Luke Shaw did it. Some were worried about the questions they'd maybe be asked so wouldn't do it."
Oh look...coincidentally at the same time Rashford was doing his Mother Theresa LARP to make extra bank and was only doing prerecorded interviews with friendly journalists. Funny how much hate Pogba got from the same people that eat up all the Rashford stuff.

Unread 06-03-2024, 07:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
Rashford subbed at half-time vs Watford. Right before that quote, Solskjaer was talking about knowing that certain players had stopped running for him and given up on him.

Oh look...coincidentally at the same time Rashford was doing his Mother Theresa LARP to make extra bank and was only doing prerecorded interviews with friendly journalists. Funny how much hate Pogba got from the same people that eat up all the Rashford stuff.
According to twitter Carrick dropped him for the next game too?…

I haven’t checked if that was true or not btw as I can’t be arsed.

Unread 06-03-2024, 07:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Et tu Rashy?

Can't believe he pointed to his head at the weekend. The balls on the lad.

Unread 06-03-2024, 07:03 PM
Glenn Lodbrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches View Post
Love him obvs buuuuut...

The fact that he rated McTommerz and Fred so highly for their "legs and energy" in midfield is very telling. Talks up wanting to see if we can go up to the next level because of the window we where we sign Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo but rates those two utter no marks in the middle of the pitch?!

Utter legend but a ridiculous, lazy and short sighted appointment from a club that is poorly run
Spot on. Ole was out of his depth.

Unread 06-03-2024, 07:07 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Wade in his Rashford war room.

Unread 06-03-2024, 07:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Donny raised his hand to play.....

Miss you lad xx

Unread 06-03-2024, 07:29 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Wade in his Rashford war room.

Doesn't mean he's wrong. I am absolutely of the belief that Rashford needs moving on in the summer for the good of both the club and Rashford.

Unread 06-03-2024, 07:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
Love him.

Certain people should hang their heads in shame after what they said about him.

First time I’ve bothered watching this, not generally a fan of these kind of podcasts. Carragher is annoying as £#%&! isn’t he
Might be just my inherent anti-scouse bias but he ruins it sometimes. The others talk like pundits, but he seems to talk as if he's actually ever managed. At least Keane has been a manager - and even Neville gave it a go ffs.

I thought Ole came across really well, and it's just really sad that, as he said, the players stopped believing and gave up.

Bellingham and Haland ffs

Meanwhile we've had to watch Martial standing still for about 7 years.

Unread 06-03-2024, 08:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Ole is talking about Ronaldo - quietly considering whether he was a mistake. It’s an interesting topic…. And Carragher just goes blustering in with some crass comment and over-the-top guffawing

Can you shut up for two £#%&!ing seconds with your smartarsey so we can actually listen to the guest?

@#%&!.

Unread 06-03-2024, 08:22 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Might be just my inherent anti-scouse bias but he ruins it sometimes. The others talk like pundits, but he seems to talk as if he's actually ever managed. At least Keane has been a manager - and even Neville gave it a go ffs.

I thought Ole came across really well, and it's just really sad that, as he said, the players stopped believing and gave up.

Bellingham and Haland ffs

Meanwhile we've had to watch Martial standing still for about 7 years.

Yeah Bellingham and Haaland not being signed was absolutely ridiculous,combination of not interested enough and Murtough's kiboshing

Unread 06-03-2024, 08:52 PM
Stickman

Really enjoy watching them eat a meal tbh.

fast forward fast forward fast forward.

Unread 06-03-2024, 10:22 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Really enjoy watching them eat a meal tbh.

fast forward fast forward fast forward.
I always skip forward to the actual introduction. Its got to the point where it’s 15 minutes in ffs, just get on with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Tell he wasn’t happy we never got Haaland. He was going to talk more about Bellingham before Keane bulldozed in with banter. Only thing he got out was he wanted guaranteed minutes.
That annoyed me too.

Looking forward to hearing about the conversation they had etc and Roy Keane barges in playing the character of Roy Keane. Just shut up for a second Keano, you don’t have to prove to the world how real you are every second of the day.