"oooo look at me I subscribe to the times"

the subtlest of flexes

Unread 07-03-2024, 03:48 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
"oooo look at me I subscribe to the times"

the subtlest of flexes
I'm not sure I would want to impress the kind of person who would be impressed by a subscription to the times.

I can't just quote the article or armchair will have to get legal representation.

for the cheapsters.... big serge is an emotional fellow who £#%&!ing loves united. (ergo, it was foolish to let him go.)

Unread 07-03-2024, 03:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
I'm not sure I would want to impress the kind of person who would be impressed by a subscription to the times.

I can't just quote the article or armchair will have to get legal representation.

for the cheapsters.... big serge is an emotional fellow who £#%&!ing loves united. (ergo, it was foolish to let him go.)
I'm emotional and £#%&!ing love united but you wouldn't play me at left back.

Unread 07-03-2024, 03:54 PM
jem

Quote:
I'm emotional and £#%&!ing love united but you wouldn't play me at left back.
true.

reguilon is a very good lb, though. compared to playing linde there, he's world class.

actually, I'd have to see you play before saying lindelof is better.

Unread 07-03-2024, 03:55 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
true.

reguilon is a very good lb, though. compared to playing linde there, he's world class.
Who'd have thought Luke Shaw, who's barely missed a game since he signed for us, would break down again. You just can't forsee these things.

I genuinely think you could pick 3 or 4 random fredsters to run the club over the last decade and they'd have done a better job*

*not including plebs or lurkers

Unread 07-03-2024, 07:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Who'd have thought Luke Shaw, who's barely missed a game since he signed for us, would break down again. You just can't forsee these things.

I genuinely think you could pick 3 or 4 random fredsters to run the club over the last decade and they'd have done a better job*

*not including plebs or lurkers

£#%&! me Shaw had 4 injuries the season before he broke his leg.

He just wasn't built for football. Really he should be carrying bricks around in cut off jeans and steel-capped boots.

Unread 07-03-2024, 07:30 PM
Whip Hubley

His leg break was an awful one and a lot of the injuries since may be as an indirect result of that, muscle issues etc.

Regardless of that he shouldn't have been our first choice left back for the last 8 years and it's mad we've made no attempt to replace him long term.

Classic united.

Unread 08-03-2024, 12:39 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3njMn6O..._web_copy_link

£#%&! me Shaw had 4 injuries the season before he broke his leg.

He just wasn't built for football. Really he should be carrying bricks around in cut off jeans and steel-capped boots.
This just proves his injury history is very patchy,therefore letting Reguilon & Fernandez leave was negligent to say the least.