United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football Auto-Threads

Unread 26-05-2020, 12:20 PM
fred tissue

Default My favourite game: Gerrard and Torres humiliate Manchester United

They fell just short of winning a league title, but on a glorious afternoon at Old Trafford Rafael Benítez’s Liverpool thrashed one of the finest sides Alex Ferguson ever assembled

It is a measure of Liverpool’s recent progress that the closest shot at a Premier League title under Rafael Benítez doesn’t feel that close any more.

I started supporting Liverpool as a child during the barren years of the 1990s, and while Gérard Houllier’s subsequent era was trophy-laden in comparison, the triumphs felt almost demure next to those of the country’s two best teams: Manchester United and Arsenal. While we celebrated, it felt like we were looked on with pity by our rivals, like our accomplishments would only make their footnotes.

Continue reading...

More...