Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes 45 32.85%
No 92 67.15%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-06-2023, 06:32 AM
believe

Football Mason Greenwood

In light of everything we know what are the thoughts on bringing him back?

Unread 08-06-2023, 07:57 AM
windy waffles

We saw the pics and the audio.

The fact key witnesses refused to cooperate doesn't change that.

No thanks.

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:02 AM
Dr Stranger

Nothing has changed. No. It would be very disappointing and uncomfortable to see him play for us again.

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:12 AM
Finport Red

I’m very much in support of ‘innocent until proven guilty’, and I don’t believe that the court of public opinion is the appropriate place for that decision to be taken. I believe that Greenwood should be allowed to return to playing football and, in an ideal world, that would be at a United. How we could have done with him this year.

However, this isn’t an ideal world and the message it would send out, if he were to return, wouldn’t be a good one. Also, with new owners (whoever that may be) we should be able to buy a striker or two, so the need for him to return will no longer apply.

A great talent but, sadly, I would have to say no.

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:24 AM
NedKelly

Reckon a lot of the Qatar crew will vote yes. ‘Win at any cost’ and all that.

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Innocent until proven guilty is fine in a court of law. And he isn’t going to prison. That doesn’t extend to us owing him a lucrative career.

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:34 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:39 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’ll give you more than that

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Unread 08-06-2023, 08:52 AM
Finport Red

Quote:

Don’t doubt that

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:06 AM
armchair

So the glazers are staying

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:10 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Qatar, yes.

Greenwood, no.

Anyone hearing the recording and thinking he "just made a mistake", need to have a longer think about life.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:36 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’m very much in support of ‘innocent until proven guilty’, and I don’t believe that the court of public opinion is the appropriate place for that decision to be taken. I believe that Greenwood should be allowed to return to playing football and, in an ideal world, that would be at a United. How we could have done with him this year.

However, this isn’t an ideal world and the message it would send out, if he were to return, wouldn’t be a good one. Also, with new owners (whoever that may be) we should be able to buy a striker or two, so the need for him to return will no longer apply.

A great talent but, sadly, I would have to say no.
This really shouldn't be a consideration.

I haven't followed the case and have no desire to catch up on it now, but if the consensus on here is he's a bit rapey then that'll do for me and it's a no.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:55 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We saw the pics and the audio.

The fact key witnesses refused to cooperate doesn't change that.

No thanks.
Simply this.

Unread 08-06-2023, 09:57 AM
no fun

I think the general mood of the United fanbase is that he shouldn’t play for us again….this will all change after he scores a really good goal, is interviewed on MUTV explaining how his life had spun out of control , and he is pictured in the Sun helping out at a food bank in Harpurhey

Unread 08-06-2023, 11:14 AM
atticusgrinch

Scoring goals > virtue signalling

I'd be playing Peter Sutcliffe if he was a good finisher atm.

He's from Yorkshire ffs. We should be grateful he's hooked up with a human.

Unread 08-06-2023, 11:14 AM
Sparky***

He won't play for us again. the sponsors would run a mile which is essentially what will dictate the club's actions.

Unread 08-06-2023, 11:23 AM
ZiggyStardust

It's a definite no from me
If you believe the audio recording is genuine (which I do) then there is no way you could possibly ever want him representing the club again

Of course aside from the moral issues the aspect of this that's never discussed is how long its been since he trained never mind played for the club
Everyone assumes he'll be the great talent he was before if he is brought back but when he basically hasn't been involved in professional football for nearly two years there's no guarantee he'll ever be the same player again

Unread 08-06-2023, 11:26 AM
jem

I wouldn't forgive him, but, if she has*, who are we to judge?

I would need to assess him personally. I can't give a hard no, if he repents, changes and does something to make up for it. if he just thinks he's untouchable, I'd bury him.

he was our best player. that's not a reason to play him. but it is a reason to be fair. well, we should be fair anyway.

not to mention the part the club played in his character development.

Unread 08-06-2023, 12:04 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

The Mob were baying for blood in the form of vigilante justice in this age of the Netflix-watching amateur detective, but thankfully time has healed all wounds, and the truth has set us free, with all charges dropped, court case abandoned, and marriage and baby on the way.

Next up should be the contract extension, as the club ties down the most prodigiously gifted young centre forward in Europe into his prime years.

First name on Ten Hag’s team sheet next season. The Einsteins and The Mob can virtue signal on Twitter as Mason finds the net week after week whilst wreathed in Red, with the camera regularly panning to a beaming Harriet in the crowd.

Justice.