United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Despite being low scorers, we're one of the best sides in the country for chances created, so you'd have to be pretty £#%&!ing thick to lay the blame at the feet of our most creative player tbf.
I am going to be boring(surprise) and stat it. Looking at nerd paradise Whoscored, and only at league games due to laziness. He is credited with 2 assists, behind Zlatan, Pogba, Rooney, Herrera, Valencia and Martial.

Key passes is kinder to him, 4th behind Pogba, Zlat and Mikki, judged on a per game rather than total.

He is not that creative, but he is an excellent finisher and smart in sniffing out chances.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was on the pitch for the whole game, how was the other 93 minutes for you?
A very defensive cat and mouse game against a team who had no interest in attacking for about 80% of the entire tie. United were suffering from an extremely hectic schedule and playing with 10 men for an hour just 3 days before..... and the Russian team hadn't had to kick a ball domestically for 3 months.

I think the real reason you're angry is this:

Juan Mata 141 games for United: 36 goals
Danny Welbeck 142 games for United: 29 goals

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

He is not that creative, but he is an excellent finisher and smart in sniffing out chances.
I love the Special Juan....but his finishing has been poor in several games this season...Stoke, Bournemouth, Burnley, Dippers West Ham (h) off the top of my head....although he is far from alone in that regard when it comes to the draw magnets

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
A very defensive cat and mouse game against a team who had no interest in attacking for about 80% of the entire tie. United were suffering from an extremely hectic schedule and playing with 10 men for an hour just 3 days before..... and the Russian team hadn't had to kick a ball domestically for 3 months.

I think the real reason you're angry is this:

Juan Mata 141 games for United: 36 goals
Danny Welbeck 142 games for United: 29 goals
Nope, only people like you are hung up on stupid shit like that. goals aren't the sole judge of a player ffs. Plus, Welbz has no Pens or free kicks in his total..

Quote:
I am going to be boring(surprise) and stat it. Looking at nerd paradise Whoscored, and only at league games due to laziness. He is credited with 2 assists, behind Zlatan, Pogba, Rooney, Herrera, Valencia and Martial.

Key passes is kinder to him, 4th behind Pogba, Zlat and Mikki, judged on a per game rather than total.

Always thought we should use him like Chicharito. He's a £#%&!ing poacher and no mistake. Sniffs chances and scrappy goals out like a modern day Ian Rush.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Not sure what stats you're going by, but according to Squawka he's 2nd for chances created per 90 for us, and also second for goals per 90 for us.

I'd say that's pretty decent for someone who plays where he does tbh

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Nope, only people like you are hung up on stupid shit like that. goals aren't the sole judge of a player ffs. Plus, Welbz has no Pens or free kicks in his total..
sound pretty hung up to me....

LOLZ

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Not sure what stats you're going by, but according to Squawka he's 2nd for chances created per 90 for us, and also second for goals per 90 for us.

I'd say that's pretty decent for someone who plays where he does tbh
Whoscored, as I said in the post. Did not look at Squawka

I realize this whole discussion guarantees that he will deliver a virtuoso performance at Boro, goals and assists. Bring the bump Juan.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Whoscored, as I said in the post. Did not look at Squawka

I realize this whole discussion guarantees that he will deliver a virtuoso performance at Boro, goals and assists. Bring the bump Juan.
Apologies, tend to skim read your posts.

Tbf he averages either a goal or assist every other game, so it's hardly a big call to predict he'll notch something on Sunday

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Tbf he averages either a goal or assist every other game, so it's hardly a big call to predict he'll notch something on Sunday
That sentence what a delivery.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

shots fired!

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

if mata isn't good enough for where we want to go then bad news, because none of our outfield players are good enough for where we want to go...

in reality he's a superb player and obviously key to where we want to get to. as usual, most of what he did last night was classy, as befits the player and the man

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
shots fired!
Have to admire the casual nature of it

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
sound pretty hung up to me....

LOLZ
Hm, it wasn't me that brought it up

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Hm, it wasn't me that brought it up

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Have to admire the casual nature of it

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:00 PM
dunk

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Ethers

If only he was as good as Deulofeu or Aspas eh.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:13 PM
dunk

Quote:

If only he was as good as Deulofeu or Aspas eh.
Less of a winger than those 2 tbf. Still..

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Sparky***

still makes me piss how costa's managed to blag his way into that squad, the £#%&!ing Brazilian turncoat

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
still makes me piss how costa's managed to blag his way into that squad, the £#%&!ing Brazilian turncoat
He's a proper @#%&! that lad.
Closed Thread