United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Did anyone, ever, thing he was wrong?

But being right didn’t make him the man to lead us out of the wilderness (cue references to other threads galore ….)
He was a stop-gap caretaker manager, i have no idea why people got so irate that he wasn't this amazing managerial talent. He hadn't been a manager in about 10 £#%&!ing years. He only took the job because it was supposedly leading to a wider role to be a technical adviser.

Obviously when he started airing the club's dirty laundry in pressers that quickly became apparently that it ruffled the feathers of arnold and murtaugh.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He was a stop-gap caretaker manager, i have no idea why people got so irate that he wasn't this amazing managerial talent. He hadn't been a manager in about 10 £#%&!ing years. He only took the job because it was supposedly leading to a wider role to be a technical adviser.

Obviously when he started airing the club's dirty laundry in pressers that quickly became apparently that it ruffled the feathers of arnold and murtaugh.
This.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:14 PM
avocado

Quote:

I wasn’t getting irate. Just pointing out what was blindingly obvious. No-one should have expected him to be a manager.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:14 PM
Finport Red

Quote:

Even Huntley had the sense to put all his in the washing machine.

Unread 02-11-2023, 11:53 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Of course he was £#%&!ing right.

That's why he was jettisoned out the door quick sharp because he was making "head of football development" Murtough look bad by pointing out what a £#%&!ing shit job he was doing.
This!

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:35 AM
Stickman

Quote:

100% that.