United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:00 PM
Mr_Ed

Default De Zerbi, Postecoglou, Emery

All been in the job under a year and less than ETH. What are they doing differently or better than ETH?

I'd argue Brighton's structure and system meant De Zerbi could come in and hit the ground running but they're still doing well. Emery has turned Villa round and are a great watch - especially at home.

Postecoglou seems to have Spurs playing good stuff and of course are top of the league. That said, Ole won 8 and drew 1 of his first 9 league games IIRC.

Is it ETH, is it the players? Tonight's first half dirge is a worry and we're not getting better...

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:04 PM
marlo

they will come for you. your card will be marked like their dole sign-on cards.

you can’t question the manager and his signings.

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:04 PM
Jethro

Zero pressure and minimum expectations.

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:06 PM
Mr_Ed

To be clear I want ETH to stay as a replacement won't make much difference.

He's got to sort out Rashford out, Bruno out, get some width, pace and some cohesion.

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:08 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

He's got to sort out Rashford out, Bruno out, get some width, pace and some cohesion.
Piss poor recruitment process mixed with an awful player culture with mentality issues.

We've had great football minds come in and basically fail at building something. The cycle simply has to stop.

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:10 PM
Sheik JaBooty

i have confidence in ten Hag, but he needs to start showing some balls. If that means Bruno, Rashford and Antony join Sancho on the sulking step, so be it.

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:23 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Piss poor recruitment process mixed with an awful player culture with mentality issues.

We've had great football minds come in and basically fail at building something. The cycle simply has to stop.
anything to do with his clobber do you reckon?

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
This.

Pretty £#%&!ing obvious really isn’t it.

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:46 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
This.

Pretty £#%&!ing obvious really isn’t it.
That simple is it?

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
That simple is it?
Pretty much.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:00 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

He's scared to drop Rashford and Bruno. Absolutely shitting his plastic drainpipes.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:05 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
All been in the job under a year and less than ETH. What are they doing differently or better than ETH?

I'd argue Brighton's structure and system meant De Zerbi could come in and hit the ground running but they're still doing well. Emery has turned Villa round and are a great watch - especially at home.

Postecoglou seems to have Spurs playing good stuff and of course are top of the league. That said, Ole won 8 and drew 1 of his first 9 league games IIRC.

Is it ETH, is it the players? Tonight's first half dirge is a worry and we're not getting better...
Are they doing better than ETH did in his first season? Let’s see where they all end up when May arrives

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:19 PM
red in cumbria

How are they doing for injuries compared to us?

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Are they doing better than ETH did in his first season? Let’s see where they all end up when May arrives
Exactly, surely they must qualify for the champions league and win a trophy or they are just another flavour of the month, low expectation gimps

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:24 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Exactly, surely they must qualify for the champions league and win a trophy or they are just another flavour of the month, low expectation gimps
Who just pick their favourites, no matter what.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:24 PM
magic_cantona

A pin drops at Old Trafford and its on the main news. Not the sports, the main news. The pressure and scrutiny at Spurs, Brighton and Villa is absolutely £#%&! all like it is at United. Also, we've had putrid luck with 10 or so (at different times) players being injured for weeks and we can't play our normal back 4.

Anyone could come in now and £#%&! all would change. EtH won a trophy and finished 3rd last season, I don't think any of these clubs mentioned will do any of that this season.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:25 PM
red in cumbria

Having said that, the Spurs manager does look decent so far. Let's see how he reacts to adversity before getting too carried away, though.

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
This. They’ve all got a free hit. They’ve won nothing in centuries ffs. The pressure is entirely off, absolutely anything above 10th and they’re delighted.
Same reason Maddison is doing well. Nobody actually cares.

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:10 PM
marlo

anyone who doesn't think ETH is the best manager in the league knows nothing.

we won a trophy last season and finished 3rd

since then we have really made progress and you can see what he trying to do and week by week as his signing bed in we look better and better.

I feel confident about any game we go into and thats because of the vast improvements he is making to our playing style and personnel.

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:27 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
anyone who doesn't think ETH is the best manager in the league knows nothing.

we won a trophy last season and finished 3rd

since then we have really made progress and you can see what he trying to do and week by week as his signing bed in we look better and better.

I feel confident about any game we go into and thats because of the vast improvements he is making to our playing style and personnel.
Closed Thread