United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 12-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Sparky***

This Monday night football dissection is not pretty viewing. It was a horror show in midfield.

Unread 12-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This Monday night football dissection is not pretty viewing. It was a horror show in midfield.
It's even worse than I thought at the time tbh. Horrific

Unread 12-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Buck

Phil Nev's just ruined a good bit of analysis by saying Rooney has to play.

Unread 12-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Horror show?!

It was a no show Fellaini was dragged out wide the whole time and I've no idea where Pogba was when City had the ball

Unread 12-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Horror show?!

It was a no show Fellaini was dragged out wide the whole time and I've no idea where Pogba was when City had the ball
Shocking stuff in retrospect. De Bruyne and Silva just allowed to waltz about doing whatever.

Unread 12-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Shocking stuff in retrospect. De Bruyne and Silva just allowed to waltz about doing whatever.
Phil Neville here

Rooney has to play, effective in every position

Unread 12-09-2016, 07:53 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Phil Nev's just ruined a good bit of analysis by saying Rooney has to play.

Killed it dead. But the pundits and press wont slate him, they're all his mates and he gives them info/interviews. First bit of bad press and he'll stop feeding them.

Shithouse @#%&!s. He needs £#%&!ing destroying.

Unread 12-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Killed it dead. But the pundits and press wont slate him, they're all his mates and he gives them info/interviews. First bit of bad press and he'll stop feeding them.

Shithouse c***s. He needs £#%&!ing destroying.
Green and Gold until Rooney is sold

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:02 PM
waynes ear's

Or put down

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Billy Redface

Pan-faced professional idiot Nial Quinn:

"On the crowded Mount Rushmore of current managerial greats, Jose, Jurgen, Pep, Antonio and Arsene, it is only Jose who looks to be perspiring"

Won every single game until Saturday.

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Right. So he will start plenty of games?

I agree.
are you arguing with yourself again

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
are you arguing with yourself again
Are you looking for an argument in the words 'I agree'?

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Pan-faced professional idiot Nial Quinn:

"On the crowded Mount Rushmore of current managerial greats, Jose, Jurgen, Pep, Antonio and Arsene, it is only Jose who looks to be perspiring"

Won every single game until Saturday.
Is that the Jurgen and Arsene whose teams trail us in the table?

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:11 PM
ZiggyStardust

After watching that analysis city weren't as good as I thought they were in that first half
Any of the top sides in this league would have killed us if afforded that amount of space

Pogba isn't the most disciplined of midfielders but he showed in the euro finals in the summer he can be so I can only assume Jose gave he that license to empty the midfield
Bizarre tactics against a Pep team

It's a simple decision for Jose, either you build the midfield around Pogba or you continue to build it around Rooney and accept the defensive issue that causes

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Is that the Jurgen whose team trails us in the table?
Yes, and Arsene who also trails us and Conte whose side ballsed up their lead and nearly lost at the mighty Swansea.

He suggested that mourinho 'threw his players under the bus'.

People desperate to draw comparisons with his failures at Chelsea.

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He said it right after the game, and it was quoted on this thread
he said we lost due to poor performances, not poor tactics.

did he say "I, jose, made a mistake. I should have picked a proper midfield. with some defensive midfielders who know what the £#%&! they are doing. but why would I? I haven't yet and we had holes all over the midfield against shit teams. why would I think little manchester city, led by that fool pep, would have lots of good players in midfield who would run around a lot, press us and pass competently to each other? why? why? why? I have not seen the tapes. p.s. I should have started rashford in every game this season." link to that.

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Pogba isn't the most disciplined of midfielders but he showed in the euro finals in the summer he can be so I can only assume Jose gave he that license to empty the midfield
Mourinho was probably hoping we bypass midfield altogether, percentage football style

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:19 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Mourinho was probably hoping we bypass midfield altogether, percentage football style
Your really going to have to get over the fact that LvG isn't the manager anymore and Jose is

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Are you looking for an argument in the words 'I agree'?
you agree with yourself

Unread 12-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you agree with yourself
No pal. It was with you. I know you're probably not used to it, but it was with you.