United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-09-2016, 07:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well one positive I suppose is that out of these 3 same fixtures last season (discounting the Hull game as they weren't in the PL) we got 1 point. We have 6. So at least that's an improvement.
I suppose... but then, I'd have killed for that one point today.

Bastards.

Unread 10-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I suppose... but then, I'd have killed for that one point today.

Bastards.
Maybe this is the kick up the arse they need. Everyone's been on the hype train since Pogba and Zlatan turned up. Good time for a wake up call. Early in the season enough to focus everyone.

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
nah, i don't think so. like i said earlier, imo we just completely lacked any composure once we defeated the initial press (which we did regularly from the start)... they turned us round repeatedly because we broke down over and over again mostly through sloppiness moving into their half...
Will get back to you once I've seen it properly on the replay. Take your place on the edge of your seat

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We don't look like we have much of a gameplan or pattern of play at the moment. Plenty in the side feels stop gap, too. From Rooney's position to the poorly balanced midfield pairing which surely can't go on much longer.
United looked like a group of virtual strangers. No clear idea of how they're going to function in pretty much any facet of the game, whereas city looked very clear about what they were going to do.

United got away with it against the cannon fodder they had played until today because a few bits of individual skill has been enough, but they got deservedly shown up today. Individuals were doing what they wanted - Rooney dropping deep, bogbrush being a shit bastard, pogba ambling around running into dead ends, Ibra shooting from anywhere.

An absolute rabble of @#%&!s, basically.

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:03 PM
utd99

I have way more confidence that Mourinho can turn that performance around than either of our previous two managers though.

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Will get back to you once I've seen it properly on the replay. Take your place on the edge of your seat
and i'll get back to you when the peroni wears off

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:06 PM
dunk

A setback isn't the worst thing btw. Shame it was them @#%&!s though

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

Where's Carrick these days

I know he's old but he's still our best deep midfielder
City wouldn't have gotten as much space in front of our back 4 first half if he started

Would love to see a midfield with Carrick holding and Herrera and Pogba going box to box either side of him
Obviously that would require a big decision to be made over you know who but no one can seriously claim we wouldn't look a better balanced midfield with those 3

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

City wouldn't have gotten as much space in front of our back 4 first half if he started

Would love to see a midfield with Carrick holding and Herrera and Pogba going box to box either side of him
Obviously that would require a big decision to be made over you know who but no one can seriously claim we wouldn't look a better balanced midfield with those 3
Sadly, they only time that is likely to happen is if he gets injured/suspended.

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

completely agree, carrick holding for pogba is potentially a good way to get pogba the freedom to find his place in the side. herrera has looked a lot better without van gall, nqat. it happens...

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:10 PM
ziggyman17

the main reason we lost today was more to do with our own performance more than City's. In the first half Lingard must have missed controlled a pass everytime the ball came to him, Micky T on the other wing was just as bad, we should have had Pogba playing off Zlatan with Carrick in the middle with either Fellaini or Herrera and Rooney should have been on the bench..........but hindsight is a wonderful thing.............

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Basically.

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing shit innit.

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:33 PM
ScarFace

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
"Where you off Mark? First dance soon mate...."

"Erm, I'm just off to sit in the car for a bit....reflect on the day's....wedding....

What's the wifi code again??"

Ffs they've both finally blocked me the @#%&!s

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Didn't watch the game - makes 14minute video...

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:54 PM
ScarFace

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:56 PM
d_knight

Am I reading this thread right?
Seems the general concensus is that first half they were lucky to score 2 because de gea didn't have much to do (what about picking out the ball from the net huh)?
Then we played well, give the boys credit, in the 2nd half (the 2nd half where they've already scored 2 goals and no longer need to be the side chasing)?
We £#%&!ed up. Simple as that.
Not good enough.

Unread 10-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Am I reading this thread right?
No

Unread 10-09-2016, 09:01 PM
marlo

i think mourinho needs to stamp his mark on this united squad.

the way we are setting up and playing , for me, doesn't feel like a mourinho team.

too much had be said about him being required to play the 'united way' that we aren't seeing the solid and tactically sound team you'd usually associate with mourinho.

we have been far to open and our midfield the way it is set up is possibly our weakest since saf left. very very easy to get through.

pogo should be in a three man midfield imo.