United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Crumps

Default Re: Stoke v United Match Thread-Teams,Links but no Sparky Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I've said many times Hernandez is gonna be a good player and haven't really called any of our other signings, merely pointed out we need a couple of players who are ready to play at the top level right now. Pretty much what Rooney said you £#%&!ing idiot.
Buy as many pairs of Adidas you want. You'll never be a Manc sunshiiiiiine.

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Move closer to the screen.
Zing, I actually literally had to do that. It's the Irish wide screen tv.

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Buy as many pairs of Adidas you want. You'll never be a Manc sunshiiiiiine.
Ouch, he's not getting up from that.

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Zing, I actually literally had to do that. It's the Irish wide screen tv.

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:52 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
http://video.rutube.ru/92f24837623e24986115fbaf78373c6a

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:54 AM
The Return of JC

I thought we were excellent yesterday. With everything that's gone on and a few injuries problems, that was always gonna be a real slog. And Stoke didn't disappoint. They're a dirty, bullshitting bunch, but they're effective and very difficult to combat. I thought we did so well. Hernandez (I refuse to call him Chico or Chicarito - it's stoooopid!) rightly takes all the plaudits, but a really resilient defence (something horribly missing recently) was the platform. I thought Vida and Rio were superb. They weren't the only ones dominant in the air either. Fletcher won some vital headers and an honourable mention to Berbs, who hasn't kicked on as we hoped since his hat-trick, but also made three or four timely headers at the near post on set-pieces and didn't shirk his defensive responsibilities. Obviously no mention of this in the press because he's 'lazy' dontchaknow?

My only gripe was our second half ball retention.

Hopefully this'll give us a real platform and get the away win monkey off our backs. Not many clubs would've come through the turmoil of this week with two wins.

Reasons to be cheerful. The season starts here.

Unread 25-10-2010, 10:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I thought we were excellent yesterday. With everything that's gone on and a few injuries problems, that was always gonna be a real slog. And Stoke didn't disappoint. They're a dirty, bullshitting bunch, but they're effective and very difficult to combat. I thought we did so well. Hernandez (I refuse to call him Chico or Chicarito - it's stoooopid!) rightly takes all the plaudits, but a really resilient defence (something horribly missing recently) was the platform. I thought Vida and Rio were superb. They weren't the only ones dominant in the air either. Fletcher won some vital headers and an honourable mention to Berbs, who hasn't kicked on as we hoped since his hat-trick, but also made three or four timely headers at the near post on set-pieces and didn't shirk his defensive responsibilities. Obviously no mention of this in the press because he's 'lazy' dontchaknow?

My only gripe was our second half ball retention.

Hopefully this'll give us a real platform and get the away win monkey off our backs. Not many clubs would've come through the turmoil of this week with two wins.

Reasons to be cheerful. The season starts here.

Thought he was brilliant yesterday.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Zorg

Quote:
an honourable mention to Berbs, who hasn't kicked on as we hoped since his hat-trick, but also made three or four timely headers at the near post on set-pieces and didn't shirk his defensive responsibilities. Obviously no mention of this in the press because he's 'lazy' dontchaknow?
He was also the focal point for the move that created the 2nd goal.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He was also the focal point for the move that created the 2nd goal.
Led the line superbly, work rate was fantastic, broke out of defence 4 or 5 times creaing chances on all of them I think. A genuine "centre forwards performace".

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:10 AM
ReligiousRed

Thought Berbs was quality yesterday tbh.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Red in Asia

I was thinking we was very very good as Stoke is very hard team to beat like Real Madrid, we win league now yessssssss

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:19 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red in Asia
I was thinking we was very very good as Stoke is very hard team to beat like Real Madrid, we win league now yessssssss

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
You sucky £#%&!y long time fi' dollar?

Red in Asia

Quote:
You sucky £#%&!y long time fi' dollar?

Make fun me dont like we all red brothers

The Return of JC

Quote:
Led the line superbly, work rate was fantastic, broke out of defence 4 or 5 times creaing chances on all of them I think. A genuine "centre forwards performace".
Sorry, didn't mean to suggest he didn't play well. Just highlighting the defensive side of his game that critics conveniently ignore. But yes, lead the line well and was involved in most things good about us.....as he usually is. It's a pity he hasn't continued his impressive goals return since the Liverpool game, but his performances and overall contribution are always very good.

Rooney's gonna have to earn his place.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Make fun me dont like we all red brothers

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to suggest he didn't play well. Just highlighting the defensive side of his game that critics conveniently ignore. But yes, lead the line well and was involved in most things good about us.....as he usually is. It's a pity he hasn't continued his impressive goals return since the Liverpool game, but his performances and overall contribution are always very good.

Rooney's gonna have to earn his place.
Yup, thought Berb ad Chico looked a very good and natural pairing.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Chico's header was absolutely amazing. Possibly one of the best technical headers I can't ever remember seeing. It's exciting to have him.

On the downside, I do hope that Gary Neville doesn't play too often - he's still not a bad player but his judgement's suspect. Pretty sure we would have lost the match if he'd have gone off and to be honest, he should have gone.Thought united fans were top notch too. Very very loud throughout and it's always nice when a few get on the pitch to celebrate goals - even if they slip on their arses.

All in all and without wanting to sound too drippy, a great end to a weird week.
Except that his first booking was distinctly soft, of course.......

Mind you, not sending off Nev probably explains why we didn't get that absolutely NAILED ON pen later

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Pure's back then.

Unread 25-10-2010, 11:27 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Pure's back then.
no this is a taxi driver i met last week. said he loved united so i linked him up.
Closed Thread