United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Football Klopp interview

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...nal?CMP=twt_gu

"If Barcelona's team of the last four years were the first one that I saw play when I was four years of age ... with their serenity, winning 5-0, 6-0 … I would have played tennis. Sorry, that is not enough for me. What I love is that there are some things you can do in football to allow each team to win most of the matches."*

Unread 04-11-2013, 10:48 AM
The taste of...

Jurgen @#%&!

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:33 AM
andyroo

Hates serenity does big Kloppers.

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:37 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Jürgen Klopp is pondering the similarities between himself and Arsène Wenger, between his Borussia Dortmund team and Arsenal which, on the face of it, appear to be numerous. Klopp, however, does not see it. "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes … it's like an orchestra," the Dortmund manager says, pretending to play the violin. "But it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal."

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

he's right.

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:39 AM
dunk

Love the Klopper

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:41 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
he's right.
Of course he is.

Unread 04-11-2013, 02:19 PM
puressence

Wats happening to kagawa makes me cry ...

Unread 04-11-2013, 03:47 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Hi Deepers

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:12 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah he needs to get out of that habit of being relaxed and charasmatic as well as producing winning football teams that play good football.

Much rather he walked around with the personality of a zombie and a permanent look of fear that our manager has etched on his £#%&!ing boat race.

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

some good observations

you always want to be the club that beats the club that's got more money

renewal is the key to advancement

good bit about giggs and fergie working together for 20 years as well

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
some good observations

I'm sure Klopp is thrilled to bits at getting the illustrious 'Tumescent Throb seal of approval'.

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
some good observations

Should be managing Manchester United right now nqat

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:34 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Yeah he needs to get out of that habit of being relaxed and charasmatic as well as producing winning football teams that play good football.

Much rather he walked around with the personality of a zombie and a permanent look of fear that our manager has etched on his £#%&!ing boat race.
Yep, that was the point so lets compare him to our manager.

It's a different club and team, a team he has built with some gems. He hadn't spent much until this summer when he has spent a bit. Doing that is different to taking over the biggest club in the country and one of the biggest clubs in the world who have just lost their manager of 27 years and don't have a great side in terms of how Klopp wants to play. Of course we'd have won every single £#%&!ing match had he taken over.

Next you will be telling me you want our manager to get his teeth whitened, go on the sunbed and talk about false number 9s and give us information he has got from a leadership book....

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:39 PM
andyroo

I did like the bit where he talked about Ferguson and Giggs

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yep, that was the point so lets compare him to our manager.

It's a different club and team, a team he has built with some gems. He hadn't spent much until this summer when he has spent a bit. Doing that is different to taking over the biggest club in the country and one of the biggest clubs in the world who have just lost their manager of 27 years and don't have a great side in terms of how Klopp wants to play. Of course we'd have won every single £#%&!ing match had he taken over.
Shutup you big tart. Klopp is a very good manager who's a bit eccentric, when you look around the current crop of po-faced, dreary bores who manage the top clubs in the premier league someone like him at least makes you crack a smile.

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:43 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up

Quote:

Absolute class

Unread 04-11-2013, 05:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
"The important thing is new ideas, not money," he says. "It is important to make the next step. You always want to be the team that can beat the one with more money."
This is where United have struggled so much in more recent times. This is what we still lack.

Unread 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I'm a fan, but he was pisspoor on Saturday nqat

Unread 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This is where United have struggled so much in more recent times. This is what we still lack.
Spot on, I agree. However the other side of the argument (that Throb will probably throw at you) is that we have not done bad have we?

The biggest change tactically that worked was the 4-3-3 with Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. It may just be nostaglia playing tricks and we might not have played them three together much but Ronaldo ended up being our man down the middle up front with Rooney and someone else either side and we had three central midfielders.

I'd like to see something similar brought in now, Januzaj can play anywhere in attack really probably other than centre forward atm. If Moyes can add to the midfield and build a team around Januzaj and Rooney we might be on to something really good.
Closed Thread