United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Gazw649

Default Manchester United are preparing a £15m bid for Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz. (The Sun)

Get him in, not bad to be honest.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

I like him as a player but his goalscoring record, last season aside, is appalling. £15 million is a hell of a risk.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:04 PM
dodger

Get him in.

Ether

What does preparing a bid actually entail? Last-minute spellchecking?

JakeB

Wouldnt go near him for that money.

The most he EVER scored in one season at bayern was 8, and that was in ALL competitions. It was also 6 years ago, and he played 32 games.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:06 PM
George Bestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
What does preparing a bid actually entail?
Correct me if I'm wrong but preparing a bid would involve making sure she's got her pension book and her bus pass on her before leaving the house.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
A Whip-round in the boardroom.

That's why it takes longer to get the £40m bid we've been preparing for Benzema together than the £4.5m for Ramsey.

I'm guessing they've amassed around £20m from the Whip-round so far and are working out how they can spend it just in case everyone's pockets are empty before they get to £40m.

dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB

The most he EVER scored in one season at bayern was 8, and that was in ALL competitions. It was also 6 years ago, and he played 32 games.
How many starts?

Sloane

i think his season at blackburn has been over stated, being a targetman with wingers like bentley and pedersen he should have done a lot better and 15mill is just ridiculous

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Argentina

Quote:

What about Torres. The most he scored last season for Athletico was 16.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
How many starts?
Scored 31 goals in 155 games for Bayern, over 7 seasons.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:09 PM
JakeB

Quote:
How many starts?
How many would he get at united?

It seems obvious to me he needs to play week in week out to score goals, which he wont.

All i'm saying is, for 15 mill..he can £#%&! off. I wouldnt pay more then 5-7 for him, which wont happen..so i hope we dont bother.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:09 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
What about Torres. The most he scored last season for Athletico was 16.
Thats double what santa cruz ever scored at bayern!

Dont know how you can even beging to compare the two

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:10 PM
armchair

Quote:
waiting for the fax to be free

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:17 PM
dodger

Quote:
How many would he get at united?

It seems obvious to me he needs to play week in week out to score goals, which he wont.
So you want a striker who has played regularly for one of europes top clubs and scored heavily. You want him to come sit on our bench and you want him cheap. Sorry mate, that's not going to happen. We either take risk with somebody like Santa Cruz or try a youngster.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:18 PM
MUFC One Love

Thumbs up

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ght=santa+cruz

Sign him up.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM
JakeB

Quote:
So you want a striker who has played regularly for one of europes top clubs and scored heavily. You want him to come sit on our bench and you want him cheap. Sorry mate, that's not going to happen. We either take risk with somebody like Santa Cruz or try a youngster.
Youngster it is then! At least we then have the benefit of having the prospect of development. I've never liked united buying average to quite good players to make up the numbers in the strike force. It's hardly ever worked out.

I didnt say anything about wanting a striker who's played regularly for a top side, dont know where you've got that from.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
You only said that because he scored the day before.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Boney87

2 words Darren bent.

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Youngster it is then! At least we then have the benefit of having the prospect of development. I've never liked united buying average to quite good players to make up the numbers in the strike force. It's hardly ever worked out.

I didnt say anything about wanting a striker who's played regularly for a top side, dont know where you've got that from.
Somis! or Huntelaar! or Benzema! or, ahh £#%&! it, it's only the 3rd June and I'm bored of this already.
Closed Thread