United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:15 PM
legendary saf

Default Giggs

Why can't he play like he did for the majority of last season? It's like hes turned back the clock 5 years.

Frustrating.

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:23 PM
chorleyred

giggs is only going to get worse, he'll have good games, he'll have bad games, probably more bad than good

he shouldn't be a 2nd striker

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Rhodzy

Giggs out, everyone out, Rossi in

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:33 PM
chorleyred

not at all, the likes of nani will be the future but we will still need giggs just yet

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Why can't he play like he did for the majority of last season? It's like hes turned back the clock 5 years.

Frustrating.
Why single out Giggs?

Scholes and Carrick were equally as shite.

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Why single out Giggs?

Scholes and Carrick were equally as shite.
I thought Carrick was pretty good first half. Second half he was just trying to pass through a wall of 10 men constantly, not the easiest thing in the world.

I'm hoping Scholes just wasn't fit today, because he looked pretty awful.

Oh yeah..and Giggs was bad, but he looked worse at the back end of last season.

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I thought Carrick was pretty good first half. Second half he was just trying to pass through a wall of 10 men constantly, not the easiest thing in the world.

I'm hoping Scholes just wasn't fit today, because he looked pretty awful.

Oh yeah..and Giggs was bad, but he worse at the back end of last season.
Carrick was his usual self, non-dominating. He needs to start taking a grip on games. Him and Scholes both gave the ball away far too cheaply. They need to improve vastly, once Hargreaves is fit, they will be playing for the same shirt.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:07 PM
user_name

has anyone had a go at vidic yet?

just in case not:

VIDIC OUT!

he didn't even score!

DONKEY OUT!

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:

Frustrating.
yeah after 1 game, how can he not play like he did for the majority of 38 games

Unread 12-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I thought Giggs was ok, actually one of the better players in a team that was below par.

Not sure what happened to Ronaldo, seemed a bit subdued and wasnt really working his magic to great effect.

No panic though, wont be the last draw we have this year 75% possession most teams wont live with us.

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I thought Giggs was ok, actually one of the better players in a team that was below par.

Not sure what happened to Ronaldo, seemed a bit subdued and wasnt really working his magic to great effect.

No panic though, wont be the last draw we have this year 75% possession most teams wont live with us.

Ronaldo was probably trying to work out who was in the box to pass to

Unread 12-08-2007, 09:57 PM
shyteds

Thought Giggs distribution was poor today.

Thought Wes played well and was unlucky to be taken off, needs must and all that crap.

Just goes to show we miss G Nev penetration.

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:04 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
Just goes to show we miss G Nev penetration.
Beckham knows how we feel, out there in LA, with nothing but skeletor to um..yes.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:06 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
yeah after 1 game, how can he not play like he did for the majority of 38 games
Whats your excuse now.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:17 PM
wiganste

£#%&! me. We win again without conceding (again) and yet we have to pick at players faults.

I can't £#%&!ing wait to see this board the next time we get stuffed 1-0

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Whats your excuse now.
Have you ever set foot inside the ground when the team are playing?

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:24 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
£#%&! me. We win again without conceding (again) and yet we have to pick at players faults.

I can't £#%&!ing wait to see this board the next time we get stuffed 1-0
Everyones happy about the win obviously but you cannot just expect positive stuff every game, especially during this period of us grinding out 1-0 wins....

I think the team was rather lucky to go in at half time having not conceded but we were good in the second half and deserved to win with Tevez looking good again.

Having said that, Giggs was absolutely awful and you couldn't really expect that to go unnoticed ws. When he's brilliant he gets his due credit but he has been terrible all season and a lot of United fans think it's high time United dropped him.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:27 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Everyones happy about the win obviously but you cannot just expect positive stuff every game, especially during this period of us grinding out 1-0 wins....

I think the team was rather lucky to go in at half time having not conceded but we were good in the second half and deserved to win with Tevez looking good again.

Having said that, Giggs was absolutely awful and you couldn't really expect that to go unnoticed ws. When he's brilliant he gets his due credit but he has been terrible all season and a lot of United fans think it's high time United dropped him.
Giggs was guff today. Equally, Evra was too. But Giggs is an easy target and Evra is the new £#%&!-tastic player, therefore he's beyond critisism.

But at the end of the day, we won again. Without conceding. It's not pretty and I hate the 'win at all costs' football. But we know it will click soon. And when it does, we'll piss this league.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Gaylord.

Evra had a scare first half but he wasn't that bad IMO. Not his best game though. We rode our luck tbh and credit where credit's due Brum played a lot better than I expected. Kapo was impressive. Utd nearly signed him. They look like they've got a decent back four too and some decent service from out wide.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:33 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Giggs was guff today. Equally, Evra was too. But Giggs is an easy target and Evra is the new £#%&!-tastic player, therefore he's beyond critisism.

But at the end of the day, we won again. Without conceding. It's not pretty and I hate the 'win at all costs' football. But we know it will click soon. And when it does, we'll piss this league.
I agree with all that bar the Evra bit, he was clearly not at his best today but he's been brilliant in almost all our games this season.

Bar some of the moments in the first half today + the Rio and Vidic mistakes against Spurs we've looked pretty flawless at the back. The midfield and attack clearly aren't at their best but we've still won 6 games on the spin and moments like Tevez's goal and Ronaldo's goal today is stuff that breeds confidence for them.

I can see us whipping Roma who are really low on confidence after 3 poor results including a 4-1 home drubbing against Inter today. And they'll still obviously be traumatised over what happened to them here last season.
Closed Thread