United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:15 PM
tomsdreads

Default Goalkeepers

It's been something that's been on my mind for a while now, since midway through last season, but I think edwin van der Sar seems to have lost his command of our defence, and his confidence in general seems to be down on what it once was.

If you agree or disagree it still doesn't hide the point that he is getting on a bit, and does need replacing some time soon.

Forgetting funds for a minute, who out there is a worthy successor to VDS?

PIG certainly isn't up to the job and I'd add that their isn't a keeper currently playing in this country who is. Personally Igor Akinfeev has to be the stand out choice.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Ginners

Default Re: Goalkeepers

buffon

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Sullingtons

o'shea

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsdreads
It's been something that's been on my mind for a while now, since midway through last season, but I think edwin van der Sar seems to have lost his command of our defence, and his confidence in general seems to be down on what it once was.

If you agree or disagree it still doesn't hide the point that he is getting on a bit, and does need replacing some time soon.

PIG certainly isn't up to the job and I'd add that their isn't a keeper currently playing in this country who is. Personally Igor Akinfeev has to be the stand out choice.
Seen much of him?

Baron

Quote:

Everything in this post is incorrect, aside from the fact VDS is getting on a bit & PIG isn't the answer.

De Gea, Lloris or Sirigu would be my choice.

forwardirektion

Shea Given- Part ex for rooney

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:20 PM
andyroo

1) Funny this coming after VDS dropped a high profile clanger.

2) http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152231

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:20 PM
shadowplay

It will be the Rangers keeper, methinks.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:22 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Shea Given- Part ex for rooney
No ta.

The one good thing tabout Saturdays debacle is that it makes Edwins replacement, whoever it is, less of a retrograde step.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Ginners

if we were in the bargain basement, that gilks at blackpool hasnt looked too bad.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:23 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
It will be the Rangers keeper, methinks.
Can't be any worse than Andy Goram. Or Andy Goram.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Sloppy

Grimson.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Pop

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:29 PM
poppy

Gomes - (almost) done deal for next season.

Spurs want Fabio as a part of it.

From the mouth of Dave Ryan a fortnight or so ago anyhow.

Probably horseshit.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:30 PM
tomsdreads

Funny that it is coming after a high profile clanger - well not really just means the issue has stayed in mind a bit longer.

Seen a bit of Akinfeev on ESPN who now do the Russian football.

Any notion of Shay Given being our number 1 should go no further - he might save plenty of shots, however in terms of bossing his team he's got to be the worst in the league. I've never known a keeper who has such little organisation that he has to save upwards of 10 shots/game.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Gomes - (almost) done deal for next season.

Spurs want Fabio as a part of it.

From the mouth of Dave Ryan a fortnight or so ago anyhow.

Probably horseshit.
have seen that rumour mentioned elsewhere, cant see it happening personally, he would cost a fair bit even if we did give them fabio

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Funny that it is coming after a high profile clanger - well not really just means the issue has stayed in mind a bit longer.

Seen a bit of Akinfeev on ESPN who now do the Russian football.

Any notion of Shay Given being our number 1 should go no further - he might save plenty of shots, however in terms of bossing his team he's got to be the worst in the league. I've never known a keeper who has such little organisation that he has to save upwards of 10 shots/game.
I see, 'cos there are a few on here who reckon he's been an absolute liability at club and international level .

Hpe to £#%&! it isn't that Rangers 'keeper, he's an utter, utter @#%&!.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:46 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Thumbs up Re: Goalkeepers

antonin, why don't you point out kuszczak was MOM against Scunthorpe or post a picture of someone scoring against craig gordon. that never wears thin.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
antonin, why don't you point out kuszczak was MOM against Scunthorpe or post a picture of someone scoring against craig gordon. that never wears thin.
Apparantly not given that you've just brought it up. now £#%&! off.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Baron

Thumbs up Re: Goalkeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Apparantly not given that you've just brought it up. now £#%&! off.
Closed Thread