United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Closed Thread

Old 28-11-2006, 03:28 PM
tatty

Default Mobile phone 're-sellers'

How do these companies get your details including contract expiry? Are the main providers flogging your account information?

I had one ring up the other day pretending to be vodafone and asking if i'd like a new price plan. It took me 3 or 4 attempts to get it out of him that he wasn't vodafone just a re-seller of their packages.

c***s.

Old 28-11-2006, 03:36 PM
chorleyred

I don't think they do. I had about 50 different companies ring me a couple of months back when my 02 contract was die to expire.

I rang 02 to complain about how the f***ers know my details, They said it's more of a random thing, If they ring 50,000 people say, some of them are bound to be up for renewal.

one such company assured me they were 02 and offered me all kinds. only when i'd agreed a deal did they tell me when i'd recieved the package i had to ring 02 and cancel my existing contract, they then admitted they weren't 02 and i told them what a waste of theirs and my time as they could now shove the phone up their arse

they then put me through to their manager who tried telling me i'd agreed a deal. after informing him how he was a c*** and his wife blew goats he decided he wasn't going to pursue the matter further

Old 28-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I don't think they do. I had about 50 different companies ring me a couple of months back when my 02 contract was die to expire.

I rang 02 to complain about how the f***ers know my details, They said it's more of a random thing, If they ring 50,000 people say, some of them are bound to be up for renewal.

one such company assured me they were 02 and offered me all kinds. only when i'd agreed a deal did they tell me when i'd recieved the package i had to ring 02 and cancel my existing contract, they then admitted they weren't 02 and i told them what a waste of theirs and my time as they could now shove the phone up their arse

they then put me through to their manager who tried telling me i'd agreed a deal. after informing him how he was a c*** and his wife blew goats he decided he wasn't going to pursue the matter further
He was a fellow Chorley man then?

Old 28-11-2006, 03:50 PM
chorleyred

I think sex with animals is more a yorkshire trait dear, for example look at what you blow each night *

*sorry sue

Old 28-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I think sex with animals is more a yorkshire trait dear, for example look at what you blow each night *
*sorry sue
Don't get yer hopes up, I exclude penguins
Closed Thread