United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-07-2020, 04:50 PM
armchair

Default Manchester United v Chelsea FA Cup Semi-Final - Official Match Thread 19/7/20 6pm

Team news 5pm 19/7

First Scorer Prediction:
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288250

Vbet:
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288247
Special Bets:
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288254

Unread 18-07-2020, 04:53 PM
no fun

Fatty out, but so is kante

Fancy us 2-0

Unread 18-07-2020, 05:27 PM
armchair

Unread 18-07-2020, 05:42 PM
Neo

Angry

It's an absolute joke how they've had 48hrs more time to rest and prepare for this than United have.

Unread 18-07-2020, 06:45 PM
puressence

Peaked to early armers 1-2 late pogba winner

Unread 18-07-2020, 07:04 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Peaked to early armers 1-2 late pogba winner
too

Also, incorrect.

Unread 18-07-2020, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

We will put a weakened side out for this one nqat.

Unread 18-07-2020, 07:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It's an absolute joke how they've had 48hrs more time to rest and prepare for this than United have.
Fat frank loves to spew BS about us and VAR but when they have an actual advantage everybody is hush.

£#%&!ing hate chelsea , kind of hope leicester make top 4 ahead of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We will put a weakened side out for this one nqat.
big ighalo-ers to run wild.
Their defence is shit. Our second team of ighalo fred The Scottish Player james can score goals against them. Just got to hope our defence doesnt shit the bed.

Sergio to have a worldy

Unread 18-07-2020, 09:31 PM
goldfinger II

Worried about this one as well. Can't see them not scoring against our defence and it's just hard to be optimistic that we'll beat a bogey team 4 times in one season.

The fact Ole didn't make any further substitutions against Palace, even when the game was won, leads me to suspect we might see wholesale changes tomorrow.

Even if the CL is more important, I think the next 3 games should all be considered the same priority. I'd rather see a small number of changes in each of these games, than see a significantly weaker side take the field tomorrow and our best selection for the other two. Win tomorrow, and we bounce into the next two games, confidence and unbeaten run in tact etc., cup final to look forward to. I'd take that over going into them a little more rested but in the wake of a defeat. Also, we can make 5 substitutions in the league - that gives us plenty of options if things aren't going right. It's only 3 games, ffs. The cup final and Europa will take care of themselves.

Suppose the big question is - what are Chelsea gonna do? Surely, Lampard will be thinking of resting a few as well. Hopefully so. I'd still put a strong team out.

Unread 18-07-2020, 09:51 PM
Dr Stranger

I think he'll make changes, but only where he needs to.

3 or 4 rather than 7 or 8, IMO.

I don't think he'll be going down the route of giving players games for the fun of it.

All depends how we recovered after Palace.

De Gea

Williams
Maguire
Lindelof
AWB

Fred
The Scottish Player
Bruno

Rashford
Martial
Lingard

Unread 18-07-2020, 09:58 PM
elhombre

Beat Chlesea and we'll win the cup.

Unread 18-07-2020, 10:04 PM
dunk

£#%&!ing love winning the FA Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think he'll make changes, but only where he needs to.

3 or 4 rather than 7 or 8, IMO.

I don't think he'll be going down the route of giving players games for the fun of it.

All depends how we recovered after Palace.

De Gea

Williams
Maguire
Lindelof
AWB

Fred
The Scottish Player
Bruno

Rashford
Martial
Lingard
Bailly, James and Odion to play imo.

That said, think he’ll be loathe to leave Martial or Rashford out...

Unread 18-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

f***ing love winning the FA Cup

Bailly, James and Odion to play imo.

That said, think he’ll be loathe to leave Martial or Rashford out...
Bailly possibly, yeah, but like I say, I don't think he's going to be giving players games for the sake of it. James for Mason, maybe. I think he'll want to change as little of a fairly solid defence and a potent attack as possible.

Unread 18-07-2020, 10:31 PM
utd99

Chelsea have a similar dilemma. They can’t afford to get rolled over at Anfield.

Unread 18-07-2020, 10:33 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Chelsea have a similar dilemma. They can’t afford to get rolled over at Anfield.
We could look at tomorrow this way: if we Win then that could be a mental blow for Chelsea in the remaing EPL games similarly then it would be great for us boost for us in the remaining league games.

Unread 18-07-2020, 10:37 PM
Sapien

Extra time nailed on imo. The sixth subs will prove pivotal

Unread 18-07-2020, 10:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
We could look at tomorrow this way: if we Win then that could be a mental blow for Chelsea in the remaing EPL games similarly then it would be great for us boost for us in the remaining league games.
Yeah, I didn’t think of it that way.

Yhgr 👍

Unread 18-07-2020, 10:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
True. I think they'll make changes, but they've also had an extra 2 days to recover.

Unread 18-07-2020, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Worried about this one as well. Can't see them not scoring against our defence and it's just hard to be optimistic that we'll beat a bogey team 4 times in one season.
Well if we do, perhaps they are no longer a bogey team?

Unread 19-07-2020, 04:56 AM
shenwen

Want to win this now. Wasn't arsed before but fancy beating Arsenal in the final.

Make a few changes. Iggy to score. Chelsea already wetting themselves with Frank banging on about VAR